Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can disagree with my stance all you want.  But I'm not "full of it" when I say I indeed did not watch the Jets the year they signed Vick.  You can look up my post history if you want.  

You don't f**k with dogs man.  Some people deserve to get hurt.  Dogs never do.  If you can harm an innocent creature, then I do believe it indeed makes you a "bad person".  No doubt, Kevin Spacey is a bad person.  As is Michael Vick.

My views on this subject can be summed up in a speech by this man:

https://www.historyplace.com/speeches/vest.htm

George Graham Vest (1830-1904) served as U.S. Senator from Missouri from 1879 to 1903 and became one of the leading orators and debaters of his time. This delightful speech is from an earlier period in his life when he practiced law in a small Missouri town. It was given in court while representing a man who sued another for the killing of his dog. During the trial, Vest ignored the testimony, and when his turn came to present a summation to the jury, he made the following speech and won the case.

thin-blue-365.jpg

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

I like you posted this speech. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

Could be there are other big names that could be moved before the draft not yet public. JD does not structure these contracts without a reason. He might ultimately miss and eventually restructure some, but I believe you are right on the intent.

Take on Michael Thomas’s contract? Hopkins? Idk not much else out there.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, it was a roll of the dice - hoping to get this deal done.

It didn't work.  Now, maybe there is someone else out there - but they were prepared to pay a WR $30mm a year - so who knows.

I’m still not convinced that Metcalf is completely off the table.

Unless Carroll and Schneider are completely brain dead, they should realize that Seattle is headed towards a full blown rebuild.

Literally every player who contributed to those Super Bowl runs is gone now.

Do they want to retain Metcalf and pay him $25+ million a year or do they want to pick up some extra picks and forego dishing out a huge contract?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas has to have something else up his sleeve.

Otherwise pushing all of the big cap hits to next year makes no sense.

Obviously the jets know something that the people up here don’t 

there is no master plan 

he’s afraid to take the big swing, no guts. Safer to pick rookies 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

The fact that JD has not brought in one veteran WR this off-season is a bit mind boggling 

Truly feels like it was all building up to today, that's what made this miss so deflating. I hope JD has something else up his sleeve - nobody knew Tyreek was available until this morning... so who knows who is coming free next.

The good news is that players are running out of options... they will HAVE TO choose the Jets! 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

there is no master plan 

He just took a big swing 

If Hill would’ve chosen the Jets, then everyone would’ve been blowing Douglas for landing the most electrifying offensive weapon in the game without sacrificing either of our 1st round picks.

I have a hard time believing that he isn’t currently gauging the availability of guys like Metcalf, McLaurin, etc.

He pushed most of the big money of guys like Tomlinson, Reed, Uzomah, etc to 2023 for a reason.

I doubt it was simply for Tyreek Hill or bust.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

Why wait til' it comes out to stop supporting them? So when it's unofficial you don't care only when it becomes official.

How am I supposed to know that Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend before it was announced that he did it?

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

He just took a big swing 

If Hill would’ve chosen the Jets, then everyone would’ve been blowing Douglas for landing the most electrifying offensive weapon in the game without sacrificing either of our 1st round picks.

I have a hard time believing that he isn’t currently gauging the availability of guys like Metcalf, McLaurin, etc.

Is Terry McLaurin really available? When did that become a thing?

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I stand by that.  It's all a matter of where you cut those corners.  There is a line.  I'm merely suggesting that if you draw a hardline stance on ALL character issues, then you won't win titles.  Period.

I wasn't suggesting no line should be drawn (just look at the Marvin Lewis Bengals for evidence that there indeed NEEDS to be a line), nor was I really advocating acquiring Tyreek Hill.  But somewhere along the line, a few of your players need to be "problems" if you want to win a lot of games.

I guess seeing my team win just isn't that important enough to me anymore to turn a blind eye to certain things.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He just took a big swing 

Amazing someone could see what happened today and claim Douglas is afraid to take a big swing. The good news out of all of this is that we now know he's ready to do just that and that @Joe W. Namath has been dead wrong all off-season about Douglas.

Could come down to draft day for someone like Seattle looking to grab a QB and move up to #4. #9 & Metcalf for #4 & #35 or something like that might be fair? Hard to imagine adding a rookie QB and trading Metcalf though. Seems counter productive.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

there is no master plan 

you post this in a thread where multiple nfl insiders confirm the jets made an offer to acquire hill and give him a contract on par with the contract he got from the dolphins?

congrats on the ironic post of the year title

• Upvote 3

What have the Dolphins won in the last 49 years?  Last time they went to the SB was 38 years ago and were embarrassed.  They have been just as much of a joke as The Jets.  At least The Jets have been to an AFC championship game in the last 13 years.  The Dolphins have not sniffed the AFC Championship game since 1993.  The Dolphins with Tua will still be mediocre at best.  The Jets will surpass them this year.  The Jets missed out on a person who may be physically gifted,  with very low morals.  This is not a loss.  You cannot lose what you never had.  The Jets missed out. 

The Dolphins are a destination due to weather and taxes.  Not because they are a great team.  Their fans still live upon the days of Marino and Shula.  They have been terrible for a very long time and it will continue.

Stay the course.  The Jets are on the way up.  Hill picked the wrong horse in this race.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Truth said:

What have the Dolphins won in the last 49 years?  Last time they went to the SB was 38 years ago and were embarrassed.  They have been just as much of a joke as The Jets.  At least The Jets have been to an AFC championship game in the last 13 years.  The Dolphins have not sniffed the AFC Championship game since 1993.  The Dolphins with Tua will still be mediocre at best.  The Jets will surpass them this year.  We missed out on a person who may be physically gifted,  with very low morals.  This is not a loss.  You cannot lose what you never had.  The Jets missed out.

Stay the course.  The Jets are on the way up.  Hill picked the wrong horse in this race.

cope

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well....

they did fix the one hole on the line added two starting TE the system needs to run, have a good running game and Corey davis, Moore at WR. Seems like 5 very good pieces. Seems you might be a little bit off.

You might not want to hear it but the FA went pretty darn good and they upgraded the offense alot. Just because they didnt get a has been or huge contract guy doesn't mean it was a failure.  In case you didnt notice we juse were in the running for Hill. And can be for any WR worth being here.

They have done nothing to upgrade the WR position, that is a fact.  In fact, without Cole and Crowder they're not as deep or as talented as last year.  I do think that JD has done a good job at adding talent to the offense.  The 2 TE's are better than what we've had here for a while but are not world beaters by any stretch.  The Guard is a massive upgrade and will help with the run game and Wilson's protection.

All of that being said, the Jets have a massive question mark at Tackle with Becton based on his injury history and weight issues.  The WR's are the exact SAME guys minus a couple from last year where they were one of the worse WR groups in the NFL.  Did the Jets upgrade on offense overall?  Yes, but that's not hard when they were one of the worst offenses in the league in 2021.  Teams will still stack the box to stop the run and dare our 2nd year QB and our below average WR group to beat them.  It's the same thing they've been doing to us for years and the FO has done nothing to make them change.  It's a terrible way to develop a QB.

My suggestion:  Go take one of your 2nd's and go get TJ Lockett.  Stop with this youth movement nonsense and go help your young QB.  Counting on any skill position draft pick to have a major impact on your offense in year 1 is the surest way to get fired and JD is on the clock.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Unless Carroll and Schneider are completely brain dead, they should realize that Seattle is headed towards a full blown rebuild.

Do they want to retain Metcalf and pay him $25+ million a year or do they want to pick up some extra picks and forego dishing out a huge contract?

I think you offer the Seahawks the same package you offered KC for Metcalf and I think they'd take it in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Everything was equal man. He just picked the Dolphins over us, and in his position can't blame him. 

Agree. I would go as far as to say jd took a swing and won. The chiefs accepted his offer without a number 1 included. The player simply chose a different team.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I'm with you.  I think it's certainly possible for sure.

Especially when DK see's the deal Hill just got.   If he pushes, Jets are clearly next in line here.  They have the money and draft capital to make it work.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you.  I think it's certainly possible for sure.

Especially when DK see's the deal Hill just got.   If he pushes, Jets are clearly next in line here.  They have the money and draft capital to make it work.

This

DK and his agent are drooling rn while Pete and the hawks are punching the air mad at the money these WR’s are receiving

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Took the swing. Had a deal with the Chiefs. Didn’t give up top-10 picks. Offered the big money. 

Player wanted, and chose Miami. It happens. 

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. JD took the shot. Fair play to him. 

More than that British Jet. Hill never had any interest in playing for the Jets. Hills Agent Rosenhaus set this deal up to use the Jets to gain bargaining leverage over the Dolphins. The question is what are the Jets going to do to answer.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

What have the Dolphins won in the last 49 years?  Last time they went to the SB was 38 years ago and were embarrassed.  They have been just as much of a joke as The Jets.  At least The Jets have been to an AFC championship game in the last 13 years.  The Dolphins have not sniffed the AFC Championship game since 1993.  The Dolphins with Tua will still be mediocre at best.  The Jets will surpass them this year.  The Jets missed out on a person who may be physically gifted,  with very low morals.  This is not a loss.  You cannot lose what you never had.  The Jets missed out. 

The Dolphins are a destination due to weather and taxes.  Not because they are a great team.  Their fans still live upon the days of Marino and Shula.  They have been terrible for a very long time and it will continue.

You make sense, good sir.

21 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

the Dolphins are 10-2 vs the Jets in the last 12 matchups 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know thats what I tend to think but they won 7 in a row after losing 7 in a row.   A lot of these losses were without Tua and I believe all the wins were with Tua

Wound up 9-8.

If the Pats take a step back, which I expect,  I think could contend.

Yeah, you're probably right.   I was as surprised as anyone when they fired Flores after that run. 

I'm just not a fan of Tua's game.  maybe he steps up, but i doubt it.

• Upvote 1

From the football side of things terrible move from hill choosing noodle arms McGee over Zach but hey as it was stated many times here: we are next in line for a top WR to make bank by default, so thats good I suppose..

Hello ? DK and Scary terry, one of you will look so good in Jet green ?