Sam Darnold - "I know I'm a good QB, I've proved it"

I mean he had some decent games kinda to start the year, 300 yds and a 4 td game against Dallas early on.. problem is with him youre never going to get consistently good play.  he was 9-13 td to INT ratio last year and again missed 5 games. He's averaged 12.5 games a season over his career. 

I guess you dont want to just come out and admit you arent very good at all, but cmon Sam, everyone knows. 

you're safe here season 4 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

"good" is a relative term. 

good compared to the average person - absolutely. 

good compared to other starting NFL QBs - so far, verifiably not. 

Whoa lets not say any of us can't walk off the street and be better than Sam. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

This guy buys it...

My Pillow Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

And why not?  This "my pillow" guy made himself many millions of dollars with this ridiculous pillow.  If it were me, I would be hugging that thing all the way to the bank!!

30 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I mean he had some decent games kinda to start the year, 300 yds and a 4 td game against Dallas early on.. problem is with him youre never going to get consistently good play.  he was 9-13 td to INT ratio last year and again missed 5 games. He's averaged 12.5 games a season over his career. 

I guess you dont want to just come out and admit you arent very good at all, but cmon Sam, everyone knows. 

you're safe here season 4 GIF by Portlandia

A healthy CMac could make you and I look like good enough NFL QBs. Not really, but still, 

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

A healthy CMac could make you and I look like good enough NFL QBs. Not really, but still, 

Well that kind of reinforces the point.   Good Qbs dont need to be propped up by other positions to be effective,  Good qbs prop up other positions and make them effective. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Well that kind of reinforces the point.   Good Qbs dont need to be propped up by other positions to be effective,  Good qbs prop up other positions and make them effective. 

I’d say Good QBs can be great with propped up skill position, the truly great ones, seem to make everyone they play with good to great. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He did prove it. For like one quarter or something at USC. 

I have to admit.  I was high on Sam after his stellar season at USC.  My inner voice kept saying... "Dont draft a USC QB", but I was all in on the Darnold pick.

I also felt Josh Allen would NEVER work out his accuracy issues.

I done f****d up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Fascinating how when some players say this, it's confidence or "showing a little bit of life" but when others say it, it's arrogance or whatever character flaw people want to ascribe.

Wait, personal bias plays a role in personal reactions?

Have you thought about publishing a peer-reviewed paper on this startling new discovery?