Your top 5 WRs in this draft are . . .?

8 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

1. London

2. Wilson 

3. Olave (not a great fit for us but he'll be a good pro)

4. Jameson

5. Justyn Ross- Just love his potential. Someone is gonna get a steal day 2. 

For me it's :

London (love those hands) 

Williams ( he's #1 if healthy) 

Wilson

Burks

Olave

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't know if I would put Jameson Williams as my first pick...not sure if I'd choose him in the first round either.  It's a crap shoot enough with a healthy prospect, let alone someone recovering from an injury.  I don't think the Jets can afford to risk a high draft pick on a position of need.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I don't know if I would put Jameson Williams as my first pick...not sure if I'd choose him in the first round either.  It's a crap shoot enough with a healthy prospect, let alone someone recovering from an injury.  I don't think the Jets can afford to risk a high draft pick on a position of need.

I think he'll be fine, but I agree. There's a lot of unknowns that come with Jameson and the Jets HAVE to get this right. Even with a high ceiling, taking a guy coming off an ACL at 10 is a real risk that I don't think JD can afford. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I definitely get it. 

It's a home run swing. 

• Upvote 1

I (know so little about this stuff, but have spent an inordinate amount of time watching these receivers from a laymen's perspective the past few months so what the heck), think it'd be:

1. London

2. Wilson

3. Williams

4. Burks

5. Olave

London is just so different vs. the others here it's difficult to compare and I HATE that he didn't put up a 40 at his pro day to take the heat off whoever drafts him, but his productivity on a team where everyone knew the ball was going to him AND it was late all the time was absurd - and that's what we need - a guy that Zack can throw the ball to a gazillion times a game like Brandon Marshall early in his career or Michael Thomas before things went off the rails at the Saints. Neither of those dudes had crazy wheels either but they got separation consistently and could go up and get it, and by sheer productivity and traits, London is uniquely gifted at those things. 

I read a crazy stat that you could take London's per game numbers and take all the catches behind the line of scrimmage off and he would STILL have been one of the most productive WRs in the country. 

When Wilson ran the 40 at the Combine I felt like I was sold, and I'll be fine with him if we land him, but I don't think he will add as much as a true big WR would...

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

London

Williams

Burks

Pickens

Yes!  Pickens is the wildcard.  He’ll be more than a year out from the ACL.  Upside May be the highest, you are buying low because of the lack of 2021 tape.  If the Jets wait til second round, we should pray that he makes it to 35 but I suspect one of the Chiefs or Packers will target him.  Also a possibility that Burks falls to 35, but doubtful.  

I love how so many fans are spending so much time on this Wilson/Williams/London nonsense as if we aren’t trading for a wideout within the next week and a half.

Does anyone really think the Jets were willing to give up #35, #38 and #69 in addition to dishing out a $30 million a year contract for a 28 year old Tyreek Hill if they were completely satisfied with taking one of these f*cking guys?

Either Deebo or Metcalf will be a Jet and we won’t give up a single 1st round pick in the process.

#4 and #10 will be some combination of EDGE/OT/CB.

Gardner and Karlaftis is my preferred scenario.

Deebo/Metcalf, Gardner + Karlaftis and some decent capital left to spend on LB, OL and secondary depth.

Well played, Joey D.

Well played 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I love how so many fans are spending so much time on this Wilson/Williams/London nonsense as if we aren’t trading for a wideout within the next week and a half.

Does anyone really think the Jets were willing to give up #35, #38 and #69 in addition to dishing out a $30 million a year contract for a 28 year old Tyreek Hill if they were completely satisfied with taking one of these f*cking guys?

Either Deebo or Metcalf will be a Jet and we won’t give up a single 1st round pick in the process.

Deebo/Metcalf, Gardner + Karlaftis and some decent capital left to spend on LB, OL and secondary depth.

Well played, Joey D.

Well played 

The Jets would love to trade for a star WR, but it takes two to tango. 

• Upvote 2

1. Drake London, playing Big Slot, or in possession WR role (X), aka Michael Thomas. 

2. Garrett Wilson, inside/outside/gadget.

3. Christian Watson, plays X, moves Corey Davis into Big Slot.

4. Treylon Burks, inside/outside/gadget.

5. Jameson Williams, plays Z. This would likely move Moore inside where he is less effective. 

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

1. Drake London, playing Big Slot, or in possession WR role (X), aka Michael Thomas. 

2. Garrett Wilson, inside/outside/gadget.

3. Christian Watson, plays X, moves Corey Davis into Big Slot.

4. Treylon Burks, inside/outside/gadget.

5. Jameson Williams, plays Z. This would likely move Moore inside where he is less effective. 

I actually think it moves Davis inside - where's he's been more effective in his career.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/22/ny-jets-move-corey-davis-slot/

"Davis is a guy that had been benefiting from favorable alignments in the slot his whole career. He runs much better routes against soft coverage, and bunch/stack looks do provide that often to receivers."

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Well played, Joey D.

Well played 

My belief is that they were trying to get a WO at the caliber of Willson, Williams & London for the cost of two 2nds. 

The Jets are going with a combination of OT/WR/Edge in the 1st round, maybe all three if they trade back into the 1st.

If Icky is there at 4, he will be the pick. With a WR at 10 unless KT falls there. They will look at a trade to get back in the 1st for either Williams/London/Olave with Wilson being long gone before then.

18 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Well played, Joey D.

Well played 

Not keen on Karlaftis at 10, but regardless I love the logic.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, RVAJet815 said:

1. London

2. Wilson 

3. Olave (not a great fit for us but he'll be a good pro)

4. Jameson

5. Justyn Ross- Just love his potential. Someone is gonna get a steal day 2. 

I actually think Olave is going to be the star of this draft.

In fact, I am only really comfortable with selecting Williams and Olave with either of the first-round picks.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I actually think Olave is going to be the star of this draft.

In fact, I am only really comfortable with selecting Williams and Olave with either of the first-round picks.

Williams to me is really the only one worthy of a first round grade. Without the injury its quite possible he would have been the first pick of the draft 
1- Williams 

2- Rest of the field 

• Upvote 1