Updates from the Kayvon visit

Schrags knows Woody very well.  If the Jets loved the guy, it would be odd to ask Schrags to leak that.  Maybe hoping to entice a team to move up to get him?

As far as the blogger with "sources"...LOL.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, AFJF said:

Schrags knows Woody very well.  If the Jets loved the guy, it would be odd to ask Schrags to leak that.  Maybe hoping to entice a team to move up to get him?

As far as the blogger with "sources"...LOL.  

Yes for the entice part lol...

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I just don't think he will be there. Seems to good to be true that he'd fall in our lap at four if the biggest knock is a desire to build his brand...

I tend to agree with this - the whole bad attitude thing is way overblown.  I think when all's said and done - the draft will go like everyone thought before all this sh*t came out.

Hutch 1, Thib 2.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

May not matter, if the first three picks of this draft will be Hutch, Thib and Sauce.

So hope we have someone else in mind other than these three, just to be safe.

It's possible the Walker stuff is just smoke but it feels very likely he's in the mix too.

I think if the board breaks the way you're suggesting we take Icky and trade Becton.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I will not believe we are drafting an OT at #4 until five minutes AFTER we've selected that OT, lol.

I just don't see it happening.  Not saying it may not be a need, or that JD isn't an O-line guy like I usually am, but I don't see him selling off Becton yet.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I will be when all is said and done.

If it’s a smokescreen, which I think/hope it is, it’s an awesome one. There seems to be buy in to the idea, but I still think when you dig into what it means for this roster it’s hard to truly make sense of it.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

While I agree with this, I don't' think you're getting a whole lot of anything for Becton either.

More than you would for Fant, but not sure how much.

Agreed.

I just don't see this happening.  Fant is low value.  Becton is as well.  And JD isn't going to cut bait on his #1 pick already, after one injury-lost season.  If he's poop this year, or hurt again this year, sure, then he'll make a move.  Till then, I think at most we get a later-round pick OT for depth/emergency as needed.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Nonsense. They want Becton to come back in full force and draft an edge. 

Not from what I hear.  The worry is that the Jags or Texans will snatch Ickey out from under them.  They love Sauce, but for their money at the # 4 spot, Ickey is the cat they very much covet. 

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not from what I hear.  They worry is that the Jags or Texans will snatch Ickey out from under them.  They love Sauce, but for their money at the # 4 spot, Ickey is the cat they very much covet. 

Who’s the guy if Ickey gets picked?

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

I just don't think he will be there. Seems to good to be true that he'd fall in our lap at four if the biggest knock is a desire to build his brand...

yeah has been my suspicion the whole time... if he's there at 4 sprint the card in. but I just don't think he will be

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While I agree with this, I don't' think you're getting a whole lot of anything for Becton either.

More than you would for Fant, but not sure how much.

Fant was rated the 3rd best OT in the league last year I believe. You would definitely get something for him. I would guess at worst a 3rd.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Who’s the guy if Ickey gets picked?

I honestly don't know.  I know they really like Sauce, but I have no idea if they would use the # 4 pick to take him.  They may not rate that move as valuable enough to use the # 4 on.   From what I have heard, the consensus is that they want to move on from Becton and they love Ickey.  That is the unofficial official word coming down to insider sources.

One thing to bare in mind, even thought that is coming out of the Jets camp to back channels, it may VERY well be a rouse in of itself.

I can only be 100 % sure that they are saying this to outside sources.  

They want to move Becton and they would like VERY MUCH to drafty Ickey 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, derp said:

Trading Fant and replacing him with a rookie tackle with questions about his pass protection would be an interesting decision for a team with a young QB who thrived in college with outstanding pass protection.

We don't have to trade him.  He would be a really good swing tackle (unlike what we have now) although I'm sure he wouldn't be happy about it. He could start if one of the other tackles isn't ready or gets hurt  Wouldn't be the end of the world.  Depth on OL is huge as someone seems to get hurt nearly every year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Also always hurt. 

True but the guy is only 26 and although recovery from a torn achilles is tough , there have been a number of examples of Rush Edge players recently coming back and still being effective (Terrell Suggs, Olivier Vernon, Cam Wake)

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Trading Fant who was outstanding in pass protection last year and replacing him with a rookie tackle with questions about his pass protection would be an interesting decision for a team with a young QB who thrived in college with outstanding pass protection.

I think they should be in “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” mode at LT.

2037610059_giphy(7).gif.d44a89a2c71c5e226c48cd41773f7cd7.gif

• Upvote 1