Which WR Would You Draft If All Available?

Which WR Would You Draft If All Available?   

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR would you take if all were available for one of the Jets 1st round picks

• Drake London (USC)
    • Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)
    • Jameson Williams (Alabama)
    • Chris Olave (Ohio State)
    • Treylon Burks (Arkansas)
    • Other

I wish I knew enough about all those candidates to pick my fav. I'd probably pick the big, tall, fast, great-hands guy.

While I see tiny, fast dudes like Tyreek Hill being really good, most of the WRs I wish we had are the big guys, like Ja'marr Chase, Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, even some of the big TEs like Pitts, Kelce and Kittle.

So.....6'4" 230lbs 4.5 speed, great hands. Which one is that? I'll take two please.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Just surprised at the Williams love.  He's not likely to contribute at all in 2022.  Kind of flies in the face of needing to improve dramatically in and helping Wilson make a leap in 2022.  Drafting Williams is like trading for a 2023 pick.  

"Not likely to contribute at all in 2022"

That seems very unlikely.

Regardless.. if you think he's the best WR, it's shortsighted to pass on him because he'll miss time in 2022.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Just surprised at the Williams love.  He's not likely to contribute at all in 2022.  Kind of flies in the face of needing to improve dramatically in and helping Wilson make a leap in 2022.  Drafting Williams is like trading for a 2023 pick.  

Sounds like he's running now. He'll definitely contribute in 2022 even if he's not 100% by the start of camp.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

"Not likely to contribute at all in 2022"

That seems very unlikely.

Regardless.. if you think he's the best WR, it's shortsighted to pass on him because he'll miss time in 2022.

I'm just saying that picking Williams is contrary to the narrative of most posters on this board that JD, Saleh, the Jets,  and Wilson all have so much on the line in 2022. Recovery from an ACL injury takes 9-12 months (which puts Williams back by November or so) and most players are subpar that first season after surgery.  For a fan base that is impatient as a 2 year old and is all over Becton and treats every loss as a tragedy, a pick with an eye to the future seems disingenuous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If the Jets were already an perennially established bona fide playoff contender I would hands down, no looking back, vote for Jameson Williams But where the Jets are at this stage of overhauling roster just can’t do it due to injury. The others on the list just aren’t top 10 in talent imo. Would address WR in second round. Therefore must abstain from this poll 

8 minutes ago, SpankyJohnson said:

1A-Chris Olave.  Fast. Crisp Routes. Football IQ. 

1B-Garrett Wilson 

With the big injury and add the fact he couldn't crack the starting lineup at Ohio State I just can't vote for Jameson.  

Joe Burrow also couldn’t crack the starting lineup at Ohio State 

• Upvote 1

London.

Williams couldn't crack the FOUR deep at OSU.  Think about that.  

This isn't a Burrows story here where only one quarterback plays.  OSU starts three wide and routinely play four wide sets.  How you can even consider him over Olave or Wilson when they both are just as fast as him and were better players in college kind of baffles me.  

London is un-coverable and runs faster than you think.  Just look at his RACs when he jukes and breaks tackles.  Was he wide open with great separation?  No because he was double and triple teamed on every play and still out produced everyone else.  

You can't teach size and hands.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He said he's hoping to be back by camp - that's this summer.   Even if that's off by a bit - nowhere near waiting to next season.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Only 1 quarterback plays.

OSU plays three wide on every snap and routinely goes four.

Williams was a backup slot. 

Yes, of course..

Transferring to the best football program in the country to be the featured WR is surely a sign he's not good.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, of course..

Transferring to the best football program in the country to be the featured WR is surely a sign he's not good.

Bama put their entire receiver room into the league.  It's not like there was a lot of competition when Williams arrived.

He ran from that. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Bama put their entire receiver room into the league.  It's not like there was a lot of competition when Williams arrived.

He ran from that. 

Stop man.  You could not like him and that's totally fine, there are plenty of people that don't - but...

Transferring to Alabama to be the featured WR is not a reason to say he's not good.   

It's kinda silly really.

Abstain.  I get the WR love but the defense last year was biblically bad.  I'd rather see Wilson try to win a 24-20 game with decent RB/TE support than draft a WR at #4 or #10 and need to put up 30+ every week.

George Pickens early Round 2 would be ideal...