Bilal Powell Retires With Us

Grandy

54 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

congrats!

Yup, good for him.  Was never really star or stud of any kind, but it's always nice to see guys who actually liked playing here (like Mangold or Chrebet or Lucas) want to retire here, and maybe be a part of the Org. in spirit going forward.

• Upvote 3

Great gesture by Woody.  Love me some Bilal Powell.

Woody has really improved as an owner since he returned form the UK.  Handing the keys to Joe D and getting out of the way, getting Joe everything he asks for like the performance and regen department, having great team guys like Bilal Powell retire with the team etc.

Keep up the good work Woody!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Great Jet but not sure he was underappreciated.  I think most fans think he was a great Jet.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really wasn't  a big fan of his but happy he picked the Jets to retire with. 

One day players like.....Nah

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great gesture by Woody.  Love me some Bilal Powell.

Woody has really improved as an owner since he returned form the UK.  Handing the keys to Joe D and getting out of the way, getting Joe everything he asks for like the performance and regen department, having great team guys like Bilal Powell retire with the team etc.

Keep up the good work Woody!!!!!!!!

I hope he lets joe d do his thing on draft day...i saw the thread on him being involved, that's scary...he of "u can't have too much tebow"

I was never the biggest Bilal Powell fan.  But always felt bad for him in our offense.   He would have had a huge career if the Jets had a true #1 RB during his time with us.   Imagine Bilal coming into the game as a change of pace to a RB like Henry or Zeke?   I give Bilal a ton of credit for performing as well as he did with the, mostly, scrubs we had on offense.