Fant expressing frustration over contract talks

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The truth is, the Jets have had very few really good young players worth breaking the bank for. 

Leo in 2015 was a mistake we all said this dude sucks and he becomes like a 10 sack a year guy with the Giants 

they could have resigned Foley. That dude was legit. Quinnen is the next guy deserving of money. 

there are very few players deserving of money but there are a few and if you give these guys money, ironically, the cap provides relief allowing them to sign more players

the Jets operate like a person who refuses to get credit cards because they can't trust themselves. meanwhile they are leaving the points on the table and their credit score is in the trash can 

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's "no evidence", because you never stated anything about the Fant signing other than indirectly in the posts I quoted. 

But that doesn't help you like you say it does, because your claim is you were on board with the Fant signing at the time it happened.  You cannot make this claim, because there are no receipts suggesting you did even when you had every opportunity to do so (like in the Fant signing thread itself).  And the other posts I looked at it spanned several weeks AFTER the Fant signing.  Maybe you said to your friends you liked the signing or something and think that maybe you said something on JN to that effect, but you didn't.  

So the burden of proof is on you to counter this with evidence, not me.  You keep dodging it because you know you did not, but somehow think you're absolved from proving the claim based on there NOT being evidence.

Weird little hill you're willing to die on on this one.  Just say you didn't care one way or the other when Fant was signed and that would be good enough and we can put this to bed.  But you won't, so it'll continue.

And don't come back to me saying you don't care enough or whatever.  You DO care.  Hence why you got so annoyed and demanded proof.  Strange stuff man.  Strange stuff.

You made the claim that i didn't like the Fant signing. I retorted. You have no evidence for your claim, so like every other dishonest polemicist, you attempt to move the burden of proof to the refutationof the claim, rather than the original claim itself. Its intellectually dishonest and displays a fundamental misunderstanding of how evidence works. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Max Mitchell is at least one year in a pro strength program away from being a starter. Maybe 2.

He's talented and flashes... there's a lot to like in pass pro but MM does not have the functional strength at this point to be an actual starter 

Of course He could prove me wrong but that's what I got from his senior bowl tape 

^ This

Plus, it is a pretty big step up from the Sun Belt Conference to the NFL.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

Figured out how to look up only my posts. Here ya go, 80

Screenshot_20220616-152951_Chrome.jpg

F**kin finally.  Thank you. 

Only took ya 5-6 months after the Fant signing to give your vote of support to the signing so perhaps you'll be able to understand why I had trouble locating anything.  But maybe not since you think I'm such a politician and all.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F**kin finally.  Thank you. 

Only took ya 5-6 months after the Fant signing to give your vote of support to the signing so perhaps you'll be able to understand why I had trouble locating anything.  But maybe not since you think I'm such a politician and all.

Polemicist. Not politician. 

Now find me those posts of mine where I disliked the signing at the time, or I'll gladly accept your retraction. Evidence or stfu.

• Upvote 1

Fant is probably the only left tackle in team history to allow only one sack for a season. Not saying that makes him great but he’s far better than some fans are saying.

Becton allowed anywhere from 7-10 sacks in his rookie season depending on what source you use, and there were lots of fans literally saying that he’d be wearing a gold jacket someday.

LT is all abut protecting the QB’s blindside and Fant is very good at that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Must be nice says the career underachiever until last year. Do it again, and maybe you'll know how nice it is. As if he's playing for 15 per hour currently.

How is he a career underachiever?  He was an undrafted FA who took over as a starting LT as a rookie and blew out his knee in training camp the following year.   Last year was the first time he got a shot to play LT again for any length of time.  He was very good.

The chances of a guy like Fant making an NFL roster with his football background is close to zero.   Starting as a rookie and holding his own was not underachieving.  He was asked to start at LT after an injury last year and over achieved everyone's expectation.

I have no issue moving on or resigning him.  The guy has done everything the team asked him to do.  He's been a great Jet.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets fans pathologically insist bad players are great, and great players are bad. It’s unreal.

Fant is one if a tiny handful of Jets who hasn’t sucked the past 10+ years. Of course Jets fans dismiss it.

Fant was probably our best, and most consistent, player last year.

He's the starting LT until someone beats him out. He has every right to want to be paid accordingly.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets fans pathologically insist bad players are great, and great players are bad. It’s unreal.

Fant is one if a tiny handful of Jets who hasn’t sucked the past 10+ years. Of course Jets fans dismiss it.

How dare you take a veiled shot at Mike White, our lord and savior. 

Hopefully this is just posturing. There's no way you don't hook this dude up. He was a really good find and switched from right tackle to left tackle after years of us having a pathetic offensive line.

Letting Morgan Moses go was stupid too. Those two together were a pretty good tandem and it's not always about PFF stats.

There's other stuff like camaraderie and leadership. In my opinion big ticket is a big question mark. In my opinion we don't need a disgruntled player protecting our quarterbacks blind side~

AVT and Becton are both moving to the right. This is obvious from his press conference the other day.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Leo in 2015 was a mistake we all said this dude sucks and he becomes like a 10 sack a year guy with the Giants 

they could have resigned Foley. That dude was legit. Quinnen is the next guy deserving of money. 

there are very few players deserving of money but there are a few and if you give these guys money, ironically, the cap provides relief allowing them to sign more players

the Jets operate like a person who refuses to get credit cards because they can't trust themselves. meanwhile they are leaving the points on the table and their credit score is in the trash can 

So  you came up with two guys you think the Jets should have signed in the past 7 years, and one (Williams) is debatable and the other is a run stuffing DT.  Williams did not show he was worth the contract until after he left the Jets. He did nothing on the Jets to deserve big money.  Fant is not looking for another 3 year $30 million contract.  He is looking for starting LT money because now is his best chance to get it. If Becton beats him out or Fant takes a step backwards, JD will raked over the coals for paying him starting LT money now.  If Fant beats out Becton and plays well again, he'll get paid.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

How is he a career underachiever?  He was an undrafted FA who took over as a starting LT as a rookie and blew out his knee in training camp the following year.

Good point. For some reason I remember reading about him disappointing in Seattle as a mid round pick. However, clearly, I was wrong.

Lol I hope Becton shows out this season makes a bunch of dudes on this board eat his sweaty ***

The Fant signing has panned out well considering it was essentially a 1 year deal with an acceptable out the second year and no real commitment to year 3.

Mostly everyone here **** on the signing at the time now we have people chiming in like hes a top LT in the leage.

He's good, we took a chance on him and he made it work. Pay him medium money on a 3 year and move on.

If Becton is a bum and we need Fant at LT moving forward I'll support Fants holdout next year.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

You don't need upside from him.  He just had a terrific year at LT.  If he plays like he did last year for a couple of years in his prime it's worth extending him at a fair price.  

We don't need to pay our starting LT to be a great run blocker.  We need him to protect the QB.  

MB is our starting left tackle, Fant better figure it out on the right side.

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

If Fant goes out and has another big year then yes absolutely extend him. He’s gonna be 30 next month and considering he doesn’t have a ton of mileage on him could realistically have another 5 years of solid play.  

Or simply franchise tag him and flip him for draft picks. Becton can then move back to LT

19 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Or simply franchise tag him and flip him for draft picks. Becton can then move back to LT

If he’s a solid player why are we trading him for draft picks? Lol just sign him and keep that line in tact. Time is now to win 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s a self-defense mechanism. Deep down we know the Jets will probably foul it up so better to convince ourselves up front that he ain’t all that.

This has the potential to backfire dramatically in the team’s face like the Pete Kendall situation. He is in the last year of his contract extend him and be done with it.

For Max it doesnt take years to add strength it takes effort.  He can add lots of strength thru TC and preseason games which I am sure he will see lots of time in.  Plus these guys live at the facility all year and practice/workout all week between games in season.  I think it more depends on how ready he is from playbook and technique.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

Must be nice says the career underachiever until last year. Do it again, and maybe you'll know how nice it is. As if he's playing for 15 per hour currently.

Fant is basically the definition of an overachiever. He didn’t play football until college and was a tight end.