Jets sign Kwon Alexander

I honestly don't know much about Kwon Alexander but I'm more than happy to bring him in. I didn't really like the idea of having undrafted strong safeties and turning them into linebackers. However I really do like Quincy Wilson and I really think he's going to show up this year. Why did we only give him a one-year deal? I find that a little bit disturbing.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Nice signing.

Like some have said, backup OT is the last glaring need.

Daryl Williams is more of a RT. So he could be Becton’s backup. And Becton can be Fant’s backup.

Was going to say I saw Daryl Williams signed with the Patriots, but figured I'd double check first. Turns out OT Darryl Williams signed with the Patriots and OT Daryl Williams (as you posted) is still a free agent (and I think the best veteran tackle insurance out there). Old friend Brandon Shell is a FA too.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Currently 3 Jets linebackers born in Alabama

• CJ Mosley from South Alabama near Mobile
  • Quincey Williams from Birmingham
  • Kwon Alexander from Oxford in sort of northwest Alabama

If we call Bryce Huff a LB, he is from Mobile also

Well there goes the neighborhood.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, derp said:

Was going to say I saw Daryl Williams signed with the Patriots, but figured I'd double check first. Turns out OT Darryl Williams signed with the Patriots and OT Daryl Williams (as you posted) is still a free agent (and I think the best veteran tackle insurance out there). Old friend Brandon Shell is a FA too.

Eric Fisher or Jason Peters would be fine. 

14 hours ago, slats said:

Be interesting to see what the number is. I think we’d’ve heard it if Alexander’s camp was excited about it. 

If they were excited about it they'd have taken it when first offered rather than waiting months to see if a better offer would come in

15 hours ago, Bronx said:

I rather see another Joe Douglas nipples' pic. That would get me more excited @Joe W. Namath than this signing.  

LB, SS and swing OT are still the weaknesses of this team.

Add run stopping DT, replace SS (Whitehead) with FS which should be decided internally between Pinnock, Joyner, & Davis.  My money is on Pinnock.  Wish list as follows

1. Swing Tackle:  Reiff or Williams (Bills)

2. Backup Mike = Hightower or trade for surplus from other team

3. DT = ? (Not a lot of good choices, maybe JFM plays full time here)

nothing to say that hasn't been said.  they at least needed good depth at lb and maybe this guy puts cj on the bench.
Dude w t f ... CJ is our best LB ... I guess your were being funny ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

IWhy did we only give him a one-year deal? I find that a little bit disturbing.

Probably because JD will target a exceptional LB in next years draft with the Jets picking hopefully in the 18-22 area 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lots of good LBs at pick # 32 also.  

Although I am very optimistic about this season , picking at 32 is just a little toooo optimistic but liking the way you think!!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Probably because JD will target a exceptional LB in next years draft with the Jets picking hopefully in the 18-22 area 

Most of the board will want another OL. 

Mosley has no guaranteed money left after this year. That deal was so bad that Mosley is still the third highest paid LB in the league in his fourth season since he signed it. There’s no way he’ll be making another $17M next year, so they’ll have to do something. I’d expect JD to offer something that doesn’t look too bad but is actually a decent cut in pay. He is still an effective player, just not worth that stupid money. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Most of the board will want another OL. 

Mosley has no guaranteed money left after this year. That deal was so bad that Mosley is still the third highest paid LB in the league in his fourth season since he signed it. There’s no way he’ll be making another $17M next year, so they’ll have to do something. I’d expect JD to offer something that doesn’t look too bad but is actually a decent cut in pay. He is still an effective player, just not worth that stupid money. 

Slats it all depends on what they do with Fant as if what I saw somewhere is true that they are in discussion to give Fant an extension.
If they sure up his situation they will be able to address both the center and linebacker position in the 2023 draft 

7 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Slats it all depends on what they do with Fant as if what I saw somewhere is true that they are in discussion to give Fant an extension.
If they sure up his situation they will be able to address both the center and linebacker position in the 2023 draft 

Personally, I think it would be a mistake to extend Fant. If Becton has a bounce back year, I’d move him back to the left side and either promote Mitchell or (perhaps preferably) bring in a veteran free agent. They have Herbig working at backup center, that might be something to watch for next season, too. 

I don’t know how much of an effect that will have. Hard to see Douglas taking a LB in the first. His highest non-premium position picks were Hall in the second this year (with his fourth selection) and Davis in the third his first year. Otherwise it’s been all premium positions in the first two rounds: OL, WR, QB, CB, Edge. I guess they could do it if they see the guy as a playmaker, or the hole as one that needs to be filled, but it would be a shift in philosophy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1