This team is just better off without ZW

I just wish that this team under this ownership family would go back to the way it always used to be with top 1st round draft picks at the QB position; let them sit behind a seasoned veteran for as few years to look and learn the position. They have done 3 QBs this way Geno Smith-thrown right to the wolves, Sam Darnold Rah-oooooh and now Zach Wilson-clearly not ready. I agree, right now there are 4 QBs on the roster and Wilson is the least talented of them all

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 11

Wilson hasn’t progressed and is/seems injury-prone. Mentally and instinctually, games still seems too fast and he needs to sit and learn .

White has sat and learned and can manage in spot duty, but he’s not the answer. Opposing Ds can scheme him into ineffectiveness. 

Flacco was highly disappointing today but can hold the ship until Wilson is ready. The offense does get to develop the young WR/RB/TE playmakers under his stewardship. 

in the end. Jets QB situation is not encouraging without much offer of hope with the evidence presented so far. Another lost season. ?lol

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Zach throws an INT in preseason and needs to be banished to the shadow realm, never to be heard from again.

Joe Flacco does this:

and suddenly it’s obvious “that this team is better off without ZW.”

Never change JetNation.

You have to just laugh at it and enjoy the ride 

I’m guessing we won’t get many “Flacoo can be our Vinny” posts before opening day 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You have to just laugh at it and enjoy the ride 

I’m guessing we won’t get many “Flacoo can be our Vinny” posts before opening day 

The game thread was far more quiet and enjoyable today, at least in the beginning when Flacco was sailing passes 20 yards over the head of their targets and throwing pick sixes to backups of one of the worst group of secondary players in the league, leaving the posters who told me for the last 2 weeks that he can lead this team to playoff game to be very very quiet because he played worse than Wilson did in his debut.  Then it became not so fun when those same people started proclaiming that Chris “literally Kurt Warner” Streveler, needs to start.

I love and, simultaneously, HATE the pre-season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The game thread was far more quiet and enjoyable today, at least in the beginning when Flacco was sailing passes 20 yards over the head of their targets while throwing pick sixes to backups of one of the worst group of secondary players in the league, leaving the posters who told me for the last 2 weeks that he can lead this team to playoff game to be very very quiet because he played worse than Wilson did in his debut.  Then it became not so fun when those same people started proclaiming that Chris “literally Kurt Warner” Streveler, needs to start.

At this point, cut Flacco loose. He had  a chance and blew it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Amazingly, Jimmy GQ is still on the trading block.  We could do worse than him as our backup until Zach fully screws the pooch.

Jimmy G is getting paid (making 25M?) this year. Not really doable right now. 

Jimmy G is an offseason move. And if you trade for him, he’s your starter. 

I’d be all in if Zach doesn’t show improvement this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

I just wish that this team under this ownership family would go back to the way it always used to be with top 1st round draft picks at the QB position; let them sit behind a seasoned veteran for as few years to look and learn the position. They have done 3 QBs this way Geno Smith-thrown right to the wolves, Sam Darnold Rah-oooooh and now Zach Wilson-clearly not ready. I agree, right now there are 4 QBs on the roster and Wilson is the least talented of them all

1st we should not keep saying Wilson is the least talented of the 4 QBs as that is just not accurate. 2nd with the way the rookie QB contracts are you need to know pretty much into the 3rd season if that is the guy or you do not know if you can commit even to tge 5th year option. Look what happened with Darnold where the Panthers ended up throwing away almost 20M on him for this year his 5th season. You have to play the QB by the latest 6-8 games in the 1st season or you will not have the proper evaluation timetable though it will develop the QB much better sitting him for the 1st year or 2. Also, if you pick a QB in the top 5 especially you have to start them right away or why the heck did you draft them that high.

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Use your eyes, it's a simple fact.

And it's an indictment on the coaching staff that they failed up to this point to utilize Mims properly. Purposely and vindictively, I believe.

We now see what he can do and what I believed all along.

What is this thread about again?

And it's an indictment on the coaching staff that they failed up to this point to utilize Mims properly. Purposely and vindictively, I believe.

angry henry cavill GIF by Mission Impossible

Close Up Punch GIF by HBO Max

workaholics dick punch GIF

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Wilson hasn’t progressed and is/seems injury-prone. Mentally and instinctually, games still seems too fast and he needs to sit and learn .

White has sat and learned and can manage in spot duty, but he’s not the answer. Opposing Ds can scheme him into ineffectiveness. 

Flacco was highly disappointing today but can hold the ship until Wilson is ready. The offense does get to develop the young WR/RB/TE playmakers under his stewardship. 

in the end. Jets QB situation is not encouraging without much offer of hope with the evidence presented so far. Another lost season. ?lol

Dude its just a bit premature. He had a stronger second half rook season and season 2 hasnt started

2 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

This is why any young QB can't make it with the NYJ.

Yep, it's the fans fault. 

If we fans had only been more patient, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg and Zach Wilson would all be HOF'ers by now. 

Damn fans, always ruining everything.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Well... you're an idiot but....

The Jets did look better than they did in game 1 or 2

• Sympathy 1