Worst Opening Day Crowd I’ve Ever Seen

jmat321

The team is historically terrible. Everyone knew we were going to be non competitive today. I presidcted 38-3 Balt. HAve zero confidence in this CS to mold whatever players we do have into anything productive.

Feeling the same desperately hopeless feelings on Septembers first weekend of football as usual.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Been to most home openers going back to 1991, missed a few here or there.  Today was by far the worst crowd I’ve seen on opening day.  Parking lots seemed like there were a good amount of open spaces, stadium looked half full from a glance.  Yes the weather wasn’t great, but wasn’t that bad.  Product on the field is awful, but we’ve been there before.  Is the fan base just done?  

Possibly the weather. Lower level concourses were packed while the game was going on in first half. I think that level people were staying out of the weather.

mezz between 20’s was empty because everyone stays in the club.

19 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

The jets have lost a generation of fans.  This decade plus has been utterly horrific. I really wonder how and why younger people can be fans of this slop 

I think this is it.  We’ve been thru stretches of horrible, but nothing like this.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

What do you expect? The bulk of the fanbase is on LI and nobody wants to sit in traffic for 3 hours each way to go see the team in their current state

Fake News : The bulk is in NJ.   LI was 20+ years ago. The exorbitant ticket prices, bad product and bad weather lead to bad attendance.  Has always been this way in professional sports and aways will be.

Edited by Dunnie

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Why would someone have wanted to go to today’s game?

Serious question.

Because it’s expensive and the team hasn’t been relevant in a decade and the weather was bad and they were starting Joe Flacco and the opponent is a historically and currently better non-rival team.

So, besides, “I’m a season ticket holder and this is what I do,” what reason would anyone have for going?

I watched the Italian Grand Prix, worked out, cleaned my car, watched the game on a 77 inch OLED, and then went out to dinner with the family.  Hard pressed to think anyone who sat in traffic, then the rain, then traffic and paid $400 or more for the privilege, had a better day.

What OLED homie?  The games today have looked gawgeous on my LG C1!

3 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Been to most home openers going back to 1991, missed a few here or there.  Today was by far the worst crowd I’ve seen on opening day.  Parking lots seemed like there were a good amount of open spaces, stadium looked half full from a glance.  Yes the weather wasn’t great, but wasn’t that bad.  Product on the field is awful, but we’ve been there before.  Is the fan base just done?  

Just how dare you to put this on the fans? ? Where do you get off?

• Upvote 1

Sitting in the rain, spending hundreds of dollars to watch Joe Flacco?  No thanks. Unless you have season tickets and going to all the games is your thing, there’s no reason for anyone to go. This team is garbage and the stadium sucks too. Choosing to be a Jet fan might be the worst mistake I’ve ever made in my life 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Sitting in the rain, spending hundreds of dollars to watch Joe Flacco?  No thanks. Unless you have season tickets and going to all the games is your thing, there’s no reason for anyone to go. This team is garbage and the stadium sucks too. Choosing to be a Jet fan might be the worst mistake I’ve ever made in my life 

You live a charmed life, if that's the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Great point on the season ticket thing. If you're picking a game or two to attend this definitely wouldn't be one of them.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I couldn't disagree more.

12:10 and there were already lines getting in at the Pepsi gate.

12:15 and the Jets shop was as packed as I have ever seen it. You couldn't move in there.

12:30 the stadium was as full as I remember for that time (meaning people did get in early).

Fireman Ed started doing the chants and the stadium was loud.

The team gave nothing to cheer about but the Jets fans were there.

It wasnt until the 21 point lead that you could hear the Ravens fans.

I have been to every home opener since 1988, have not missed a single one. Today was by far not even close to the worst opening day crowd.

Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet and Rich Kotite all say 'sup.

Yeah, I didn't buy it. If anything Jets fans come into every season full bore. Week 16 hosting the Jags... we will see.

Just now, jgb said:

You live a charmed life, if that's the case.

Agree. I actually almost added that in that I’m fortunate and don’t have many regrets that a football team would be up there. But it is an underrated thing how a decision you make as a kid can ruin your Sundays for the rest of your life

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I couldn't disagree more.

12:10 and there were already lines getting in at the Pepsi gate.

12:15 and the Jets shop was as packed as I have ever seen it. You couldn't move in there.

12:30 the stadium was as full as I remember for that time (meaning people did get in early).

Fireman Ed started doing the chants and the stadium was loud.

The team gave nothing to cheer about but the Jets fans were there.

It wasnt until the 21 point lead that you could hear the Ravens fans.

I have been to every home opener since 1988, have not missed a single one. Today was by far not even close to the worst opening day crowd.

Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet and Rich Kotite all say 'sup.

Uppers were empty if you took a peak.  As were several other sections of the stadium.  Lots across the bridge empty, they were full the last few openers.  Little to no line to get in thru security.  Traffic getting in and out seemed less intense than normal.  Tailgating seemed a bit off too.