<<<<<<< Jets vs Bengals -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@BornJetsFan1983 VINDICATED

It's just silly that we have better players that lose touches to him. Got to give him credit when we had nothing better it made sense and was great that he showed some ability with some lucky breaks but now you have three possibly 4 better wrs ok the team and te's and of course two back all better than him. It's silly to design plays to him over them. Instill thinkanynothers would be good to make the returns 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WowOhWow said:

Salah has lost me.  Ulbrich has lost me.  LaFleur I’m OK with…not overly impressed but not a joke.  JD is the one I love. But as I look at the sh*t in the field I’m starting to get a bit squirrelly.  This is his team and it blows.  Jd - this is a performance biz

Agreed. But this team was so bad before; had no depth and the only quality players were aging vets. This team is much better, but there are just too many gaps and why do we have so many injuries all of the time?

As far as Saleh - he has the rest of this year, but if he can't start putting together back-to-back good games he is likely loose his players as well as the fans.

Not panicking yet - I thought the Jets were going to be 0-4 and possibly 1-3; of course the Bangles are more beatable than I had thought. We need to have 6-8 wins this year and playing much better (both sides of the ball) by then end of the season, or he may be gone.

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Salah has lost me.  Ulbrich has lost me.  LaFleur I’m OK with…not overly impressed but not a joke.  JD is the one I love. But as I look at the sh*t in the field I’m starting to get a bit squirrelly.  This is his team and it blows.  Jd - this is a performance biz

It boggles my mind that the Dolphins can hire a no name nerdy HC and in his rookie season turn them around,  while we keep hiring meatheads who can't coach their way out of a paperbag.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The worst team in football is about to get considerably worse.

Maybe

But I think it’s clear that Flacco poured whatever juice he had left into last weeks game.

Throw Zach out there and see if he can make a leap.

But if he still looks like the same player after 4-5 games, then that seals it. I’m not going through more Darnold bullsh*t where we give this kid multiple years hoping and praying that he eventually turns into “the guy”.

Dudes like Mahomes, Allen and Herbert didn’t need 3+ years to show that they’re clearly franchise material.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, jackhuntr said:

It boggles my mind that the Dolphins can hire a no name nerdy HC and in his rookie season turn them around,  while we keep hiring meatheads who can't coach their way out of a paperbag.

They had a much better team already. It's crazy but even with all the talent JD has brought in the last two drafts......we still aren't there yet. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

Not saying it has to be yelling, why would you not even address a stupid play like JFM's with a conversation...  How's your judging on results going? asking for a friend.

I actually thought that the jets would be 1-3, 0-4 this season, so while not at all happy about the play of both sides of the ball, I am not freaking out yet. IMO, we should win 6-8 games and be playing much better on both sides of the ball come year-end.

I have no problem tossing Saleh at the end of the season if it is warranted - but no point freaking out now. I hate the new HC, change the players to fit the new HC, rinse and repeat, so I am hoping Saleh will start to turn this around. But, they are not dumping him 3 games into the season.

• Upvote 1