Colts Broncos TNF on Amazon

Rhg1084

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s definitely not the same qb as the Seahawks had.  Yet last year he had 25 tds, 6 picks and a 65% completion rate.  Changing teams shouldn’t be that drastic, we see what Brady is doing on Tampa, at least the first 2 years.  Bronco fans must be freaking, what did they give up in the trade for him?

He was awful in the last playoff game in 2020.  In 21 he had an amazing start to the season.  After the bye he was straight up trash.  Guy is a very old 34.  You could see it coming.  He looked punch drunk at the end of 2020 and after the bye in 2021.  He's not as quick and he's taken a lot of shots.   

The guy was a great QB but he was always at his best with a great running game and a defense that could carry him.  The more he's been asked to carry teams the more hard shots he's been taking.  He's a big play QB who holds the ball forever and relies on elusiviness to extend plays.  He's passed his expiration date.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

He was awful in the last playoff game in 2020.  In 21 he had an amazing start to the season.  After the bye he was straight up trash.  Guy is a very old 34.  You could see it coming.  He looked punch drunk at the end of 2020 and after the bye in 2021.  He's not as quick and he's taken a lot of shots.   

The guy was a great QB but he was always at his best with a great running game and a defense that could carry him.  The more he's been asked to carry teams the more hard shots he's been taking.  He's a big play QB who holds the ball forever and relies on elusiviness to extend plays.  He's passed his expiration date.  

Russ was a great QB and is now not  a great QB.  What he is now shouldnt diminish what he was.

The issue is that he was never an on-script guy, he thrived on broken plays where he could get the ball downfield and at 34 years old he just cant do it anymore.  The good news is that with him playing this poorly and Javonte being hurt, our game in 2 weeks is very winnable. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Is it just me or is the entire nfl just not entertaining this year?

Young qb’s are playing like dog s**t and vet qb’s are playing like dog s**t wrapped in cat s**t. 

have you watched the Jet's games this year?  

2 of them were amazing comebacks in the last few seconds.  Are you not entertained????????

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

that contract keeps the broncos out of contention for several years.  it's brutal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s definitely not the same qb as the Seahawks had.  Yet last year he had 25 tds, 6 picks and a 65% completion rate.  Changing teams shouldn’t be that drastic, we see what Brady is doing on Tampa, at least the first 2 years.  Bronco fans must be freaking, what did they give up in the trade for him?

"Seattle traded Wilson to the Denver Broncos along with a 2022 fourth-round pick in exchange for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder."

We know Lock was trash, but Charles Cross was the first DEN pick this year.  

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

"Seattle traded Wilson to the Denver Broncos along with a 2022 fourth-round pick in exchange for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder."

What’s mind boggling is that douglas got almost as much for adams as Seattle did for wilson.  But give Carroll credit for recognizing Wilson’s decline and also taking advantage to essentially undo what was done in the adams trade. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Of course the trade looks like garbage now.  But I would argue that it looked like a garbage trade when it happened.  He will be 34 years old in November, and his best days were behind him even before they traded for him.  As much as the Broncos wanted the reincarnation of Peyton Manning when he came to the Broncos, Wilson was never going to be that guy.  Even if Wilson turned out to be good, how do you give up both 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years in a row?  You're decimating the future of your team by doing that. Even the Seahawks only gave up 1st round picks for 2 years without the 2nd round picks when trading for Jamal Adams, even when they thought he was all world.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Russ was a great QB and is now not  a great QB.  What he is now shouldnt diminish what he was.

The issue is that he was never an on-script guy, he thrived on broken plays where he could get the ball downfield and at 34 years old he just cant do it anymore.  The good news is that with him playing this poorly and Javonte being hurt, our game in 2 weeks is very winnable. 

All qbs not on HGH/TRT start falling off in their mid 30s.

Time for russell to get on the program like Rodgers/Brady.

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's been awful. I thought the trade was suspect.. I thought Hackett was suspect, but I didn't expect them to be so so bad. 

Worst part is they hired Hackett to lure Rogers to Denver and now they’re stuck with him and their fallback choice at QB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That was the worst offensive display of NFL Football since the introduction of the forward pass.

Those who actually watched the entire game should have their Prime membership free for a year.

I just watched the highlights(lowlights?) - and there were really boring.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Relax Maximus Decimus Meridius. There’s been a few good games but in all the NFL has been substandard so far this year. 

I think part of it is that nobody played in the preseason, except rookies, back ups and guys no longer in the league.  Add to that the Thursday games are often lousy quality.  First month of the season is to work out the rust.  Luckily, we found a way to split our first 4.  Hopefully play around the league starts to get better.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

This was my takeaway. That Denver game over the summer looked like one of the reasons the Jets schedule was supposed to be so tough. No longer looks that way. 

My other takeaway was that I was glad I didn’t stay up last night. 

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Sometimes....not often....the gambling Gods are good to you...

IMG_0581.jpg.thumb.jpeg.bb07a0c97859c34b5b89a8f4fadac39c.jpeg

Very nice.

If russ hits the open receiver in ot - i actually hit a parlay which I rarely bet for about $400. While that would have padded my account a bit I am actually happy it turned out the way it did and see a fellow punter hit for a nice score.

Now let it ride on Houston/Memphis over tonight!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Very nice.

If russ hits the open receiver in ot - i actually hit a parlay which I rarely bet for about $400. While that would have padded my account a bit I am actually happy it turned out the way it did and see a fellow punter hit for a nice score.

Now let it ride on Houston/Memphis over tonight!

I was sweating out that game big time.  When Russ threw the INT late in the 4th instead of them just trying to run out the clock, I thought I was cooked.

It was easily the most nerve racking horrible game I've watched in a while.

I was able to hedge a little, at the beginning of the last Broncos drive in overtime, I put a live flash bet of $250 on the Broncos to score a TD at +265, so I was either gonna win ~$2,300 if they didn't score a TD or around $600 if they did.

Now...no doubt I'll lose half of it in the next couple of weeks.

The other half goes to the strippers and coke fund....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Of course the trade looks like garbage now.  But I would argue that it looked like a garbage trade when it happened.  He will be 34 years old in November, and his best days were behind him even before they traded for him.  As much as the Broncos wanted the reincarnation of Peyton Manning when he came to the Broncos, Wilson was never going to be that guy.  Even if Wilson turned out to be good, how do you give up both 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years in a row?  You're decimating the future of your team by doing that. Even the Seahawks only gave up 1st round picks for 2 years without the 2nd round picks when trading for Jamal Adams, even when they thought he was all world.

don't forget the massive contract.

hard to build around that big contract if you don't have top 4 picks over 2 years.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I watched some of his games late last year and it's the prime example of stats don't tell the story. He was cooked. 

His strengths were his elusiveness. He was never really a tactician or student of the game who could read defenses and adjust the offense which are skills that can serve as a player ages. He's trying to be the same guy he was in his 20s and he's a half second slow which in the NFL is a gap between great and awful. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

This was my takeaway. That Denver game over the summer looked like one of the reasons the Jets schedule was supposed to be so tough. No longer looks that way. 

My other takeaway was that I was glad I didn’t stay up last night. 

I hate the preseason declarations of how hard a schedule is. No one knows? By week 3 games are starting to be seriously influenced by injuries and that effect grows every week. Also some teams are assumed to be good when in reality there is no reason other than past history to think they will be good.

In the preseason I heard some analysts picking Pittsburgh because their roster is so talented and Trubisky was going to magically become a good QB sitting behind Josh Allen for a year. Their roster is not good, Trubisky sucks still, they should be 0-4 and could still be very much in play for #1 overall.

Then Denver trades for Wilson. No one seems to take note of the fact that he had clearly lost at least a step. Carroll gets roasted because he didn't let "Russ cook" when in reality he knew Wilson was declining and tried to protect him. Yet the media and NFL decided all of a sudden that Wilson would make Denver elite (ignoring the fact that he was not really a positive for Seattle the year before) and that they needed to showcase them 5 times in primetime. And Denver paid him like an additional $160 million.

Bill Polian can whine all he wants about fans not understanding football, but the reality is that GMs, and owners are so biased in terms of past results and image that fans can literally see things (like Wilson declining rapidly) that teams and the NFL just do not.

The extra sucky thing about Wilson is that he is a known douchenozzle and he will tear that team apart from the inside. I think I posted in the summer how some of the Seattle players were open about how much they liked Geno and did not think much of Wilson.

Wilson is a QB that lived off off script and fantastic acccuracy on deeper passes on broken plays. He is no longer elusive and his arm talent is seriously degraded.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I think part of it is that nobody played in the preseason, except rookies, back ups and guys no longer in the league.  Add to that the Thursday games are often lousy quality.  First month of the season is to work out the rust.  Luckily, we found a way to split our first 4.  Hopefully play around the league starts to get better.

I don't have the numbers, but the injuries this year seem much, much higher around the league as well. Teams playing undrafted free agents seems like it's in every game. 

• Sympathy 1