Can Zach Wilson ever become an alpha like this guy?

Bronx

1 minute ago, football guy said:

You gotta love the fans that hated on guys like Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen early in their careers looking up to them as saviors while hating on their own second year quarterback for the exact same reasons why they hated on Hurts and Allen in the first place ?

Usually, overly critical people have low self-esteem. 

Imagine if he was 2-1 these last 3 weeks instead of a PERFECT record coming out of the gate in his sophomore season, taking over the game in the 4th Qtr in Pittsburgh and making enough plays within each game-plan to secure victories while eliminating any catastrophic mistakes?
Just saying, no we didn't throw the ball a lot Sunday against green bay but probably the most critical drive he threw a first down pass to Davis, then the 40 yard pass to Davis that set up the hall td on the next play...critical scoring drive...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You do not have to be an alpha male to be a good QB.  If it is not in your nature the worst thing is trying to pretend what you are not, people know you are full of shi*

You guys should know from your work environments that for every genuine alpha leader who is good and competent and a leader of men there are 5 posers and fakes.

"That Leadership Stuff, It's All Overrated" - Jeff George, Washington Redskins Quarterback

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

You gotta love the fans that hated on guys like Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen early in their careers looking up to them as saviors while hating on their own second year quarterback for the exact same reasons why they hated on Hurts and Allen in the first place ?

Do you honestly believe Zach Wilson will be rivaling Josh Allen in QB production metrics any time soon?

If so, let me know when we can expect that to start happening.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This place has, quite frankly, sucked for the last month .  I like some of the people on a personal level, but I find myself participating less and less lately with the general community, so I’m right there with you.  It’s not fun anymore.

bUt tHeY WoN ThReE gAmE$ Sr8T

Kind Of Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"That Leadership Stuff, It's All Overrated" - Jeff George, Washington Redskins Quarterback

You are confusing leadership with 'Alpha male'

Stafford, foles, flacco, eli manning, dilfer, brad johnson.  How many of these guys are alpha males.

We have no clue about zac wilson yet.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This place is full on toxic.  

I’m trying to stay positive but I’ve never seen a fan base attack it’s most important player so much. For zero reason.  For a kid by ALL accounts is working his ass off and has shown immense year over year progress.  

I think I’m giving myself a time out - team in a 3 game winning streak and this is what we get.  Sad. 

You tell em Captain

z.jpeg

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I love that when he plays well it was we’ll see, I’ll reserve judgement, when he struggles I have stats.  

I also like the Sanchez comparison, the team won not Sanchez.  Yet 2 of he 3 wins under ZW were games where he lit it up in the first 4th, and were comeback wins won on his arm.  

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

My reason for doubting and being critical of Zach Wilson is his ongoing very low production at the QB position.

The same way I would be critical of a cleanup hitter who didn't get hits, hit home runs or produce RBI's, I am critical of a QB who does not produce completions, TD's and Passing Yards while minimizing INT's.

Zach Wilson was 31st in the NFL in Completion % in 2021 (55.6%).  So far in 2022 he is 32nd. (56.0%)

Zach Wilson was 29th in the NFL in Passing TD % in 2021 (2.3%).  So far in 2022 he is 34th (1.3%).

Zach Wilson was 6th worst in INT% in 2021 (2.9%).  So far in 2022 he is 16th (2.7%).

Zach Wilson was 30th in Passing Yards Per Game (179.5).  So far in 2022 he is 30th (190.7).

Zach Wilson was 31st in QB Rating (69.7).  So far in 2022 he is 32nd (73.9).

This IS a reason.  You do not have to like it.  You do not have to accept it.  You do not have to believe it's his fault.  You can think whatever you like.

But make no mistake, there are reasons to doubt Zach Wilson and to question his future as a Franchise QB. 

Like with Mark Sanchez before him, the TEAM is winning in spite of Zach, not because of Zach so far.

Are those numbers supposed to be surprising? Zach was drafted to a team at #2 because the team he was drafted to sucked ass. So it's no surprise that in 2021, as a rookie, he ranked quite low. Zach has only played in 3 games in 2022 so he probably wouldn't have much yardage compared to those who started every game; particularly those in a pass first offense. He may not be the guy in the end, but it's as if some want a decision now just in case he actually gets better this season.

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

• Sympathy 1

It's a weird thread.

That speech was neither particularly inspirational or meaningful. 

And then you have the Zach contingent upset that people are skeptical about Zach.

This sh*t isn't so complicated. When Zach starts playing like a franchise quarterback consistently, most Jets fans will be like "yup, this the dude".

I still think he can, but he hasn't yet, and since he hasn't yet, you understand that there will be those saying he never will because nearly everything that could've gone wrong, has gone wrong for over a decade. 

Anyways, props to @Beerfish with a great post in here. 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This place is full on toxic.  

I’m trying to stay positive but I’ve never seen a fan base attack it’s most important player so much. For zero reason.  For a kid by ALL accounts is working his ass off and has shown immense year over year progress.  

I think I’m giving myself a time out - team in a 3 game winning streak and this is what we get.  Sad. 

boom shaka laka leonardo dicaprio GIFThis x1000000

4 hours ago, football guy said:

LMAO 

Nailed it 

6 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Jets fans are rightfully skeptical because we have been burned so many times by these young QBs.

Its the same old song 

QB gets drafted, QB struggles, people say we need to be patient, Jets move on after 3-4 seasons. 

Zach isn’t getting the benefit of the doubt in large part because Darnold is so fresh in everyone’s mind. 

Nonsense.  "Rightfully Skeptical", lol.  You're making a choice based on your own insecurity.  If you're not smart enough to realize a young, inexperienced QB needs time to develop, that's on you.  If you are,  then you're just a really sh!tty fan.