Elijah --> Moore time in the slot.

Paradis

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

wonder if he will figure out the whole calls plays where the player catches the ball with in 5 yards of the first down. I mean at or past the line woudl be good, but can we at least stop throwing behind the line of scrimmage with 8 to go.

Bornjets - I think you are a bit young for this but for us oldtimers - throwing or pitching behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long was a Joe Walton staple. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't know what to say to this other than - fcking took you long enough, Mike. 

Wild concept, putting players in a position where their talents are best suited vs--

glitching-npc-chip.gif

Moore and Wilson in the slot with Corey Davis and Mims out wide in 4 WR sets.

• Upvote 4

Just now, football guy said:

With Corey Davis likely out, Moore will see a large uptick in usage at other spots by default

When Mims is in, Moore/Wilson will be playing the Y/Z in traditional sets 
When Berrios is in, Moore/Wilson will be playing the X/Z in traditional sets 

So if davis is out Sunday does that mean mims plays?

I like it in on  few fronts. 

A)  It is good when coaches put players in a position to maximize their skillset.  This is still the case even if it takes 5 months for a coach to figure out what is obvious to everyone else.   

b) Maybe it would also be a good idea to alter his play design: start gong no huddle to get the QB into a rhythm early and maybe take advantage of his athleticism by moving him out of the pocket (voluntarily as opposed to running for his life) especially given our injury plagued offensive line.  It worked pretty well for Justin Fields against the Patriots on Monday night.  

C) Last off after he starts tailoring his game plan to our talent rather than trying to force them into his preconceived notion of what an offense must be, maybe he will decide it's not necessary to announce it at a press conference days before a game?       

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d think the natural order of things would be Davis at X, Moore at Y, and Wilson at Z. But when Moore was drafted, he also didn’t want to be pigeonholed as a slot. So we’ll see if this pacifies him a bit. With Breece out and Davis day to day, there’s more reason to get Moore involved than just him complaining about targets. Be interesting to see how/if Mims fits in with Saleh saying he wants him to see more action as well. 

natural in what way? ....Wilson is the exemplar Y/Z flanker... Moore's skillset is maximized in the slot. To flip those around is obtuse imo

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't know what to say to this other than - fcking took you long enough, Mike. 

Wild concept, putting players in a position where their talents are best suited, versus--

glitching-npc-chip.gif

I mean I've only been saying this since... hell we all have. 

maybe MLF started reading the board lol

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d think the natural order of things would be Davis at X, Moore at Y, and Wilson at Z. But when Moore was drafted, he also didn’t want to be pigeonholed as a slot. So we’ll see if this pacifies him a bit. With Breece out and Davis day to day, there’s more reason to get Moore involved than just him complaining about targets. Be interesting to see how/if Mims fits in with Saleh saying he wants him to see more action as well. 

That would make sense to me. Crazy that we’ve had Moore at X and running go routes a third of the time.

Would be interesting to know if this was driven by Moore. Slot WRs are valuable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

Well our main DL complained to his coach and the coach made changes for the better.  Now it's one of out best WRs vs his coach so I'm thinking this might just work out as well.  Newb-ish coaches learning on the job!

Hope I'm right.  Go Jets!   

Yup. Nothing wrong with making changes at players request. Coaches are not always right as we have learned. Moore has been playing out of position.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

natural in what way? ....Wilson is the exemplar Y/Z flanker... Moore's skillset is maximized in the slot. To flip those around is obtuse imo

Maybe we’re not using the same definitions… ? The X lines up on the LOS, making that the place where I’d line up my big body receiver. The Z lines up on the other side, off the line, better for my shiftier/smaller receiver, and the Y  is either the TE or the slot - so I’m agreeing that Moore’s natural fit would be there, even though he expressed a desire not to be labeled a slot receiver. 

• Upvote 3

Much better fit for Moore and I could see Wilson getting his fair share of targets at the X still because he creates better separation and a bigger target which seems to be important to ZW. 

honestly I just don’t think Zach has confidence throwing to a shorter receiver when throwing deep. Maybe shorter players appear more covered than they are with those types of plays. Either way Elijah is an immature ass but he sorta did have a reason to speak up on his usage - he just did it  terribly  

• Upvote 3