The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

I can't think of a worse starting QB who has played this many games and has shown himself to be UNFIT to be a starter in the NFL. I have watched this team for a long long time and I watched some pretty bad players but none is as comically horrible as Zach Wilson. I thought at one point it may have been Geno Smith but even Geno was able to win a few games on his arm and throw some TDs-Zach Wilson is the worst ever

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I thought this is what we wanted?

I've been told the past month that wins and losses don't matter...only yardage and TD's?

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

I thought that's what was what's important...

Has something changed?  Or just same ole...

Let's find a way to attack Zach Wilson for everything and anything possible.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Understood, but what is the suggestion? Go with someone completely new? Go with a retread GM?

Steve Keim in Arizona drafted Josh Rosen. Probably one of the worst QB selections in the first round in a decade. They cut bait and then let him select Kyler Murray. 

If JD cuts bait that will be a start 

Not like 3 years from now either 

It feels like we are going to wade through multiple more years of Zach because he's a sunk cost or whatever 

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I've been told the past month that wins and losses don't matter...only yardage and TD's?

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

Dude…you can’t be serious lol. Just let it go. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Come on dude.  He had to pick a QB, and he was the next best option past Lawrence.

I get it.  I dislike Wilson as much as the next guy, but who else do you take?  Seriously.

I take the guy who took this same New England defense to the woodshed last Monday on the road, in the rain, in prime time. Wilson was supremely overrated coming out. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I dunno, man. Trying to avoid recency bias but Fields has played really well on the road against great defenses two weeks in a row. I like Douglas from a process perspective, and you have to like how he’a rebuilt the defense and put together a workable OL on the fly, but if Fields is a franchise guy, Douglas needs to be fired.

Only way you fire Douglas is if he lets Wilson be the unquestioned QB1 heading into 2023.  Fields has little to do with that equation.

I can't support a knee-jerk firing over Douglas no matter how badly he botched the 2021 QB class.  Woody Johnson is guaranteed to hire a GM far worse than Douglas in the next go-round should JD get fired this offseason.  Ride or die with the guy who at least has built the rest of the roster up to be solid.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Hero ball is not going to win games when the game starts to go sideways.  

Bingo. You don’t start playing hero ball in a one score game during the 3rd quarter. That kind of risky play is much more acceptable in the fourth quarter down by two touchdowns.

Give a team 4 short fields. Folk was automatic today. The Pats scored 1 touchdown. Kicked 5 field goals. You can’t give a trash team, short fields with a kicker that’s automatic. This game is clearly on Zach. Greg the leg also missed a kick that Folk would have easily banged through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

Well, we have our first defender of Zach

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

At the time I wanted penei Sewell or maybe Pitts there was no need to overdraft any of them. 

Mike white could do it better 

Who cares which players you mumbled with one of your 14 players you liked at 2.  We needed a QB, the whole world knew we were taking a QB and you wanted the easy pick at OL or TE.  Now.  Pat yourself on the back and stop there

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

Just when I thought you'd finally turned a corner.  

We didn't win, Zach Wilson played like sh*t, and he was the # 1 reason we lost this game.  None of this is what we "wanted", but it IS 100 % what we predicted.

Now go ahead and accuse me of enjoying this or rooting for his failure like you always do.

• Upvote 1