<<<<<<< Jets vs Bears -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

This is it fellas.  We must beat the Bears today.  I see so much promise in our defense.  I also see the pieces on offense coming together.  Really, I do.  The two tight ends have been open.  The WRs have been running free.  And now we get Herbig and Mitchell back.  The big difference will be MW.  I expect him to get the ball out in a jiffy which will make a big difference imo. 

Here's to first downs.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Do you really care if he gives Mike White credit? He's a fan of the NY Zach Wilsons, not the Jets. That's pretty evident at this point. 

You know when this type of Jets fans started emerging don't you? In 2012 There was a the year that Woody Johnson  force fed Tim Tebow down Rex Ryan's throat .Thinking his cult following, would help sell PSIs or something I guess. But ever since then is when we started seeing more and more Jets fans who were fans of a certain Jets "player" instead of being a fan of the uniform he was wearing.,thus the Zachoids

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I remember when the Jets drafted Zach and you and I were like meh. Then I also remember when we spent all offseason chatting about how the Jets are going to waste time and the Zach eye test told us both what we needed to see.

I remember those conversations here, the long phone calls we shared, the walks even. I remember all of it.

And today, we get Mike White. Because we deserve good things.

It should be quite the sploogeathon if White has a big day today.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm with you on all points.  And not only do I think he gets the ball to GW but also to Eli Moore.  

White also has great chemistry with Ty Johnson out of the backfield, he is the wild card, also look for some dazzle dazzle play. calls which LaFleur had been afraid to call with Zach at QB

I was excited about Zach because he was supposed to have a FQB ceiling. Haven't given up on him completely. Not that he has shown much to be excited about. Just hoping somehow we didn't get it wrong again. 

White seems to have the ceiling of a Jimmy G type game manager. I'm having a hard time getting excited about it. Maybe it will be enough to win. I hope so. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I remember when the Jets drafted Zach and you and I were like meh. Then I also remember when we spent all offseason chatting about how the Jets are going to waste time and the Zach eye test told us both what we needed to see.

I remember those conversations here, the long phone calls we shared, the walks even. I remember all of it.

And today, we get Mike White. Because we deserve good things.

Good things, like is Justin Fields playing? Any word on that yet? 

This offense is built for ball control and YAC. The defense has been great despite all the 3 and outs. Just imagine if they have time to rest and the Jets execute a conservative/controlled offense. I really hope things can come together quick. The rain really sucks for today but I’m hoping they really gel over the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The rain really sucks for today but I’m hoping they really gel over the next few weeks. 

Does not look like it is expected to be heavy rain, and winds are light.  I don't thik the weather will be that big a factor. 

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

They aren't losing this one.

Hope not. I don't have a huge issue with the Zach benching though I would have given him this week, but I just can't shake the feeling that this move is when we become the SOJs again and start to spiral. I will root really hard for White but if he sucks, the Jets are in an infinitely worse situation than if they just stuck with Zach and tried to work his issues out