LaFleur and Jets part ways

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This “haha Mike LaFleur sucks!” stuff is going to be retroactively hysterical when Joe Douglas is on his hands and knees begging Jimmy Garoppolo to take $80 million guaranteed dollars out of Woody Johnson’s trust fund in a few weeks. 

ok, sure T0m. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wow. Wonder who they get. And who is willing to take this job. The stable of quarterbacks is among the worst in the league and it seems that Douglas wants Zach to be in the mix, which is brutal. 

Bigger issue is the perception that Saleh is on the hot seat.

Much better to cast your lot with a new HC, if that option is available.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LockeJET said:

Now they hire a new  coordinator that thinks he could salvage Zach. Zach 100% starting next year. 

It would be like a tree falling in the woods. I wouldn’t be there to hear it so did it actually make a sound at all?

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, MysticalJet2 said:

I wonder if this is also about getting an OC who could attract a top FA QB ....

It certainly can be. I’m not saying Aaron Rodgers is coming here but he’s not going to leave big brother in GB to come here and play with little brother in NY. 

• Upvote 1

Well there was a public dispute last week between LaFleur and Saleh over starting Zach from day one. LaFleur said it was a mistake and Saleh defended the decision saying that Zach legitimately won the job in training camp. Not sure if that had anything to do with it and who made this decision. But it’s pretty obvious the reason team lost 6 in a row was dysfunction on the offense. And some of the decisions being made by the team like deactivating two wide receivers who griped about their role in offense etc were hard to understand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

lmao - I'm sure teams were beating down the door to interview LaFleur about his vaunted offense

This is what a friend firing a friend looks like. “So and so has left to pursue external opportunities.”

Bored John Goodman GIF by ABC Network

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

The big question: who’s going to hire the new OC? Saleh? He has no clue what he wants to do unless it’s printed on a t shirt. These dumbasses better come up with a plan and ask the right questions to the candidates 

He should have been fired with the introverted, anti-social stubborn OC. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BP said:

The big question: who’s going to hire the new OC? Saleh? He has no clue what he wants to do unless it’s printed on a t shirt. These dumbasses better come up with a plan and ask the right questions to the candidates 

To be fair, some of those slogans on their latest gear is buttfumble cringeworthy. 

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Bigger issue is the perception that Saleh is on the hot seat.

Much better to cast your lot with a new HC, if that option is available.

He should be.  He hasn’t done good enough.

kingsbury is an intriguing option because he can take over as an interim HC should woody decide to can Saleh next year.

imo I’m a little upset that MiLF got fired.  I had hope for him - I honestly think if this team had a QB they’d be fighting for the 1 seed last week.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

You know what, our OLine , QB, and RB (until Breece) has been crap for a bit now.  I blame the position coaches just as much... but LaFluer hired these coaches? So it's just as much a reflection on him as the position coaches.  And I really had high hopes for him when they brought him in.  I'm done with these green behind the ears coaches, I want someone with a proven track record

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some of you are ridiculous. ???

I think how everything has unfolded, especially today, any sort of outcome deserved to be ridiculed. These are a bunch of friends who pooled together their first job savings and bought a bar. One of the friends was the first to fall on the sword. The bar will be out of business this time next year. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Another learning curve for the offense next year.  Not saying he shouldn't have been fired, but we just can't seem to have cohesiveness from year to year.  

Keeping LaFleur was worse than lack of continuity or cohesiveness. 

LaFleur was creating a massively fragmented clubhouse.  But people here are ok with that. amirite @T0mShane? Totally ignored by most who argued to keep Saleh's buddy around. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1