NY Jets Joe Klecko and Darrelle Revis to the NFL Hall of Fame

pointman

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know as much about Klecko as a Jets fan should, I’ll be the first to admit that.

I was incredibly impressed though at how much he looked like an extra from from the Christmas Part scene of Goodfellas.

I watched him his whole career. He woulda been a 1st ballot HOFer if he was a Steeler Bear or Cowboy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I go back to the mid 60s.  Revis drove me crazy.  He was also the best player in terms of on field performance who ever wore the uniform.  

Nice to see Klecko get in.   Marvin Powell is equally deserving.   

Every single week ... the consistency was joyous to behold and unbelievable.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know as much about Klecko as a Jets fan should, I’ll be the first to admit that.

I was incredibly impressed though at how much he looked like an extra from from the Christmas Part scene of Goodfellas.

Smokey & the Bandit

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Until this year, 2 players drafted by the Jets have been enshrined in the Hall.  In the 60+ year history of the team, only Joe Namath and John Riggins have made the Hall (unlesss you include Herb Adderley and John Mackey who were both drafted by the Titans in the AFL draft but signed with NFL teams).  That number will double this summer.  

Great night to be a Jet fan last night, although I am really hoping we have a different type of great February night sometime in the near future.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Until this year, 2 players drafted by the Jets have been enshrined in the Hall.  In the 60+ year history of the team, only Joe Namath and John Riggins have made the Hall (unlesss you include Herb Adderley and John Mackey who were both drafted by the Titans in the AFL draft but signed with NFL teams).  That number will double this summer.  

Great night to be a Jet fan last night, although I am really hoping we have a different type of great February night sometime in the near future.

To your point…. back in the 2010 season, our road trip was a drive out to Cleveland. Was the OT win on the TD pass to Holmes. We went out on Friday morning and hit Canton and the HOF on the way. The Hall is very impressive and dominated by 5-6 teams. The place was very crowded and of course we are all dressed up in our Jets costumes. As we are walking along, we passed a very small janitor’s closet. I stopped and told the crowd…”I told you we would find the Jet’s wing.” Got a very long and loud laugh. At least now, 13 years later, they have to use the other side of the closet.?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

To your point…. back in the 2010 season, our road trip was a drive out to Cleveland. Was the OT win on the TD pass to Holmes. We went out on Friday morning and hit Canton and the HOF on the way. The Hall is very impressive and dominated by 5-6 teams. The place was very crowded and of course we are all dressed up in our Jets costumes. As we are walking along, we passed a very small janitor’s closet. I stopped and told the crowd…”I told you we would find the Jet’s wing.” Got a very long and loud laugh. At least now, 13 years later, they have to use the other side of the closet.?

If we play in the HOF game, I just might look to take a road trip to Canton for the weekend.  I have never been to the Hall.

I have nto met many former players, but it so happens I have met both Klecko and Revis.  Went to the Jets-Jags game with the Gotham City Crew in Jacksonville a few years back, and Darrelle showed up at the suite they had rented to do a meet and greet with the fans.  Just a standard meet and greet and a photo op.

As for Klecko, he used to have a bar in Rockville Centre, Klecko's.  A friend of mine tended bar there.  We were there one night when Joe was there, and my buddy asks if we want to meet Joe.  Sat down with him for probably 30 minutes to an hour and had a couple of beers.  This was during his playing days.  I probably was too star struck to say more than couple of words to him, but just listening to him talk football was pretty cool and a great memory.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, PS17 said:

Was I thrilled with Revis during his holdouts? No. But he played the money game against the greedy owners and won. Tip your cap to him, even if it made him “Mevis.” He was my favorite player when I first became a die hard Jets fan and to this day is the best football player I’ve ever watched. Congrats to him, and to Klecko.

@Joe W. Namath acting like dingbat on a special night for this franchise. 

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Revis was always consistent.

He dresses the same way for his announcement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as he would to pick up a few things from Trader Joes.

My only small disappointment of the night.

cmon revis - would it have killed you to wear a suit

21 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Way. Too early to speculate but I wonder who will introduce Klecko and Revis at the induction .

As of last night Klecko wasn't sure yet. Revis said probably his mother

Tom Rock @TomRock_Newsday

Klecko said he has not yet decided who will present him in Canton. Revis said it will likely be his mother who does that.

8 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I watched him his whole career. He woulda been a 1st ballot HOFer if he was a Steeler Bear or Cowboy. 

Not a chance.  You don't get into the HOF on the first ballot if your a defensive player with 2 all pro years.   Doesn't happen.  The best argument to why Klecko should have been voted in much earlier is Dan Hampton and Fred Dean.  I don't think either belong but you can certainly make the argument that Klecko was better.

FIrst ballot you shouldn't sniff it unless you were the best or second best at your position for at least 5 years.  Klecko wasn't Reggie White.