Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

We just want wins. Hopefully get in the playoffs and see what happens. 

Let’s play the games first shall we. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I honestly can’t follow this level of nonsense and desperate need to make this way weirder than it needs to be. Only thing I know for sure is  Jets  football is going to be interesting for the first time in about a decade or so. But yeah, Boogeymen and sh*t! So cray! 

you don't understand...  he shouldn't be allowed to say the names of guys he'd like to play with..  it's ruining everything JD has built.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

Come at me, bro.

6 minutes ago, BP said:

So the only team interested in Rodgers was the Jets? (I mean woody?) And now he’s pondering retirement or playing for the Jets? Ahem, we all know how situations like this end. And this one is definitely all on woody.

The dude is already a Jet, he’s just trolling the sh*t out of the insiders like Schefter and Rapaport who are usually on top of every story.

The Jets aren’t agreeing to terms with Lazard before FA even officially begins in addition to being connected to a guy like Randall Cobb unless Rodgers was already in the fold.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

you are all over the place with your posts...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JDs not gullible but he has bad taste in qb 

James Morgan 

Joe Flacco 

Zach at 2

His qb judgment is poor 

And yes trading for AR is setting the team back long term for the sake of 1 or maybe 2 years attempting to win it all 

Saying that doesn't make you a Jets hater it's the truth 

You can't trade all these picks and sign marcedes Lewis and call it a sustainable plan for the future 

Won't disagree with any of this.  I'm not saying the plan is going to work.  Aaron Rodgers may very well be shot, not expecting a 40 year QB to get better after a down year at 39 is a reasonable position.  And this defiantly isn't in the long term best interest of the franchise.

With that said, all I'm saying is - it is the direction they're going - scream and pout about it - it's surely you're right as a fan.  But I think it's okay to just get on board and enjoy the ride.  

If Rodgers isn't done - and it was the broken finger, with some fatigue from the franchise.  And he comes to the Jets revitalized.  And the Jets D still plays at a top 5 level.  And key players stay healthy.  This team damn sure make a legit Super Bowl run.

Def. a lot of "Ifs" but when was the last time we were able to say that?"

57 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Of all the handjobby myths you guys are inventing, positing Rodgers as some Q-like figure who will finally make The Media pay for their crimes is the weirdest. The Jets beat is full of tissue-soft kids and lazy veterans, and the second Rodgers gets here, they all get to spend a season at the center of the football universe. None of them will care that Wingo and McAfee broke the story, because they all have books to write. It’ll be six months of them making goo-goo eyes at Rodgers every time he makes a high school-level quip.

The great irony of it all is that the conductors of this train are the same guys that hang on every single tweet by every beat reporter 365 days a year.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The great irony of it all is that the conductors of this train are the same guys that hang on every single tweet by every beat reporter 365 days a year.

I've been banned off of Twitter 25 times. Yes, even Elon Musk era. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I was against rodgers but now im starting to get excited. Lazzard signing is solid. Theres a plan in place. Ar to the jets 100%.
should be an interesting 2 years for sure

So what you wanna know?
Calamity's child, chi-chile, chi-chile
Where'd you wanna go?

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m confused as sh*t, because I’m actually excited. Do I expect to be let down? Of course Jets, but until then, lm just gonna enjoy the ride. 

We'll enjoy it together, my friend!  All aboard the hype train, lol!

tenor.gif?itemid=13755084

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, C Mart said:

this would explain why Rodgers would be the last piece to officially sign although he was the first to unofficially get onboard. they need to fit all the other contracts in (he gets his friends paid first) to see how they need to redo Rodgers contract. Only at the end the theory would go can they know how to fit him in. I also think this is what Tom Brady did for many years

• Upvote 1