Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Rodgers is still good but not great his team was 8-9 last season only one game better than Jets. If the Jets turn over a lot of power to him like maybe GB did not worth it for a player no longer at peak. 

Except the team around him sucked really badly. His WR1 was Lazard and his defense was leaky. In NY, the WR1 is GW, the defense will be top 8, and he'll have a better RB than he did have and possibly a really good WR2. He's going into a much better situation.

• Upvote 3

I love the people who see our players posting about how excited they are, and their first thought is "how can you show up Zach like that???".  Zach isn't the NY Jets.  Zach is one player on this team, and a pretty bad one at that(right now, at least).  Imagine back in the day when the Mets traded for Piazza, all the "how dare the players show up Todd Hundley like that...." posts.  Unless the theme is, players should just stfu and keep off social media?  

Rodgers coming here is probably the best thing that could happen for Zach, so yes these guys should be excited and shouldn't feel bad about showing it.  Or maybe they should preface every post with "I love my boy Zach, but LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".  

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i never said Jimmy G was better than Rodgers 

he's a little worse

but cost/benefit he delivers the same middle of the road production, the same injury profile as Rodgers at half the price 

Terrible take. And how do Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy G have the same injury profile ?  Clueless. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You were right on Berrios, credit there.

But only half credit here if it happens since you (your sources) kept pushing this odd June 1st narrative.  That was never a thing.

hey the june first is a thing for green bay lots of dead money. that i think is addressed in the deal. But we will see shortly I think.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

What could this possibly mean?  Does he have a former teammate that was also a former teammate of Rogers potentially coming as well?  I honestly can't tell if this is the worst or best day so far in all this business.

Just now, Hex said:

Except the team around him sucked really badly. His WR1 was Lazard and his defense was leaky. In NY, the WR1 is GW, the defense will be top 8, and he'll have a better RB than he did have and possibly a really good WR2. He's going into a much better situation.

I don’t think overall the 2022 Jets were better than the Packers last season. We know Rodgers can work with Hackett which is a big positive. Maybe he can help attract good players to sign here. Rumors that he’d like to bring a Packers offensive lineman with him. I’d trust his judgment on that one no QB would bring an ineffective OL you’d think he knows who’s good and who’s not at that position. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It's done.  You can relax.

Right now the big question I have is what was the comp.

And what WRs, RBs and OL are we going to bring in to get the offense over the hump.

I’m a fan of the Jets. I don’t know how to relax lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t think overall the 2022 Jets were better than the Packers last season. We know Rodgers can work with Hackett which is a big positive. Maybe he can help attract good players to sign here. Rumors that he’d like to bring a Packers offensive lineman with him. I’d trust his judgment on that one no QB would bring an ineffective OL you’d think he knows who’s good and who’s not at that position. 

Is that still the case if you give GB Zach and we take Rogers for all of last season?

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i never said Jimmy G was better than Rodgers 

he's a little worse

but cost/benefit he delivers the same middle of the road production, the same injury profile as Rodgers at half the price 

They don’t have the same injury profile. This is definitively untrue, and yet, you repeat it daily. 

Jimmy G has played one full season in SF (out of 5) and has missed 18 games in the last three seasons due to injury. Rodgers hasn’t missed a start since 2017. In other words, Rodgers hasn’t missed a start since Jimmy G became the starter in SF. LOL. 

you can like Jimmy G more than Rodgers without making stuff up. It’s hard to take anything else you say seriously when you just pull crap out of your butt. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Jets beat the packers in GB with Zach Wilson

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets got hit with injuries and their QB sucked. The only reason you could argue the Packers were overall better is the QB situation, which would change with this trade. The Jets OL when healthy is dominant.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Whole thing is silly. Rodgers being undecided shouldn’t hold the Jets up from doing other things. People speculating stuff at this point means nothing as Rodgers is the only guy who seems to have any idea. It’s not coming from Trey Wingo, that’s for sure.

Wingo a much more reliable source, over the other guys, with regards to Aaron Rodgers. He has broken the past 2 major AR stories.