Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Bridge too far here....
He wants to play for NotPackers.  He'd clearly have preferred an NFC North team to make it hurt the most for the Pack.

Wtf are you talking about, he said he emerged from the darkness and his intention was to play and play for the New York Jets… not any slapdick NFC team.

Put some respect on our name
  • Upvote 1

Just a reminder what I heard was that green Bay was the hold up and Rogers was in. The hold up was green Bay want a first and joe took them to reality town of a 3 rd or 4th with escalators....

Green Bay doesn't want to be the next Seattle with Jamal where jets get the best deal. 

Joe will get us the best deal. 

Let's go.

Man this is awesome. Rogers gets a lot of hate but I watched all his interviews and stuff I could find on YouTube. He always comes off great. He's funny. Smart and basically what you want your franchise guy to be like for the media. Then on top he plays as one of best qbs in the league

Anyway let's go jets glad to have Rogers just need to have green Bay to take the offer. 

Joe Douglas I trust

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2023 at 3:15 PM, Doggin94it said:

Truthfully, Connor's report makes way more sense than Pelissero's. You think the Jets and Packers were waiting on Rodgers before working out the framework of a trade, meaning they'll both be held hostage during FA for however long it takes to get the deal worked out?

It probably wasn't done-done, in the sense that the parameters also depended on what Rodgers was going to agree to in a restructure and he hadn't conveyed that yet, but you better believe the teams had it down to an if-->then structure around what the comp would be if Rodgers agreed to various things

Doggin, you’re a good dude. 

I think people these “reporters” were using peoples emotions to sell a story. Common practice nowadays.

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Wtf are you talking about, he said he emerged from the darkness and his intention was to play and play for the New York Jets… not any slapdick NFC team.

Put some respect on our name

lol come on DLJ.  He only said that because the Jets became his only option.  If any other options emerged and he ended up going there, they would have been his # 1 choice too.

I'm not upset about it though.  I don't care if we were his 1st option or his 31st.  He's coming and he's pissed off.  That's good news for us.  And I think he'll learn to like it here.  Roster is ready to go.  Fans are ready go.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Am I stupid?  I just do not understand the hate for this guy.  He's given extremely well-thought out answers and explanations every time I've heard him speak.

He's calm, he loves football, he's not petty and he's open-minded.  Oh and he's arguably the best performer at the QB position in history.

I don't, either. He lets stuff roll off him. 

He gets bashed for the darkness retreat, mainly because it sounds "weird" to a segment of the fan base that just doesn't go for any of that hippie stuff. To me, that darkness retreat sounds like an amazing experience.

His mentality, never panicking, both makes him a great QB mentally and is so the opposite of the panic-stricken Jets fan base...

• Upvote 1

Amazing how much information we got on here was right and way way way ahead of what the national media could get. Shout out to everybody.

This is one of the biggest days in franchise history and Jets are about to launch into the Superbowl conversation. LETS ******* GO

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Nice ref!  I thought about that one -- 18 and 130 are two of the four of Shakespeare's sonnets that I taught every year.  But in that one, at the end of the day, the speaker still loves the girl....warts and all.

You probably already know this, but Shakespeare wrote 126 sonnets to "The Fair Youth," who many believe to be Lord Southampton, and the other 30 or whatever to "the Dark Lady," who many believe to be Italian noble Emilia Lanier.

all while he was married to Anne Hathaway

• Upvote 1