### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Like I said, we'll see if this rotational tweener contributes at all these next two years.

Or if last year's version of this guy, JJ, ever shows up.

Or if the FA version of this guy, Lawson, ever shows up.....

Or if our O doesn't screw Rodgers due to fragility and lack of any depth at all.

1 offensive pick won’t save the O which you claim is fragile and lacking of depth.

Drafting an OL or WR would not mean they’d be more than rotational either.

It’s not perfect, but as you stated… If Lawson and JJ don’t show up (which they haven’t much so far), it’s not crazy to want another edge who might.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Micah Parsons: 6-3, 248.

Chandler Jones: 6-5, 266.

Aldon Smith: 6-4, 280.

Bryce Huff (who was, and still is, considered to be “undersized”: 6-3, 255.

Will McDonald IV: 6-3, 239 (combine weight; Iowa state listed him at 6-3 236, so he put on 3lbs during draft prep.)

Eh, you can put on 10-15 pounds of weight to get to the parsons profile if that’s what you are worried about

i doubt this guy is gong to be parsons, but I think you guys get a bit too caught up in size  

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Micah Parsons: 6-3, 248.

Chandler Jones: 6-5, 266.

Aldon Smith: 6-4, 280.

Bryce Huff (who was, and still is, considered to be “undersized”: 6-3, 255.

Will McDonald IV: 6-3, 239 (combine weight; Iowa state listed him at 6-3 236, so he put on 3lbs during draft prep.)

The Jets, essentially, took Aaron Maybin, in the hopes that it pans out differently.

Rodgers just tweeted he wants to be traded. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To your point, we picked up Rodgers to improve the offense.

I appreciate many seem not to agree, but I don't believe Rodgers alone is enough.

And I don't think Lazard/Hardman is that much better than Moore/Berrios.

Beyond that, it's the same old guys, with the same old injury risks/history.

Like I said a few days ago, JD is betting his career in NY that all these players are "better than they've shown last year".

And that they're more durable too.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s see how it goes.

Yeah, hopefully day 2/3 gets us some help on O, that will go a long way to placate my disappointment right now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's a disease.  Let's see the kid play first.  If he gets 8-10 sacks and forces a few turnovers, it's worth it.

The armchair analysts don't really know anything and even the NFL scouts get plenty wrong.  JD knows more than any of us do.  That doesn't mean he can't make mistakes but let's hope he made the right pick here.

• Upvote 1

Guys, let's face facts. We lost when we had to do that pick swap. Tonight is the price that needed to be paid for getting AR.

Favt of the matter is, once the OTs were gone, we weren't gonna be that thrilled with anyone else. I would have taken JSN. But clearly he wasn't as high amongst the league as he was in our minds. Who else we gonna take that would have been universally loved? Nobody. We got extremely lucky last year, like I said, we were due to come back down to earth. Just remember having McDonald and AR is better than broderick jones and zach!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate many seem not to agree, but I don't believe Rodgers alone is enough.

And I don't think Lazard/Hardman is that much better than Moore/Berrios.

Beyond that, it's the same old guys, with the same old injury risks/history.

Like I said a few days ago, JD is betting his career in NY that all these players are "better than they've shown last year".

And that they're more durable too.

Yeah, hopefully day 2/3 gets us some help on O, that will go a long way to placate my disappointment right now.

You don’t feel that going from Zach/Flacco/White to Rodgers is a seismic improvement? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s crazy.

They are recruiting the whole team of Georgia. Problem is when they all together will they stay out of trouble. I love Nolan Smith, Carter is a different story but who knows with his brothers he straightens his act. GM is drafting players from Georgia and Alabama.