Jets Sign Ancient WR Randall Cobb

If the WR position is depleted by injuries;

Would you rather AR throw to a random #6/#7 or a guy he is comfortable with and the timing is already there?

Anybody who has watched AR knows exactly who he is and what he prefers…

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think anyone actually likes @Jetsfan80, we just make believe we do because we know he has incriminating information on every single one of us.

He remembers everything about everyone.

I like him because he assures all of us that no matter what we do, we aren’t the biggest dill hole on JN.

• Haha 3

every team especially one as young as we are needs vets who know how to win if we really want to go far and even win it all. he might not put up great numbers but i bet hes great in the locker room. 

and hes another WR who can teach the others about Rodgers tendencies. and makes Rodgers more comfortable.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One would hope but I don't think Douglas is willing to outright cut him.  Financially it makes perfect sense to do so though.

Titans fans here are actually hoping Titans trade for him back. Lol. I’m all for it. 

• Haha 1

Cobb is a total JAG at this point as his GB reunion with Rodgers was supposed to be what revitalized career, but it didn't.  With that said, I have no problem with the signing as long as there is no intention for him to move any higher than #4 on the depth chart.  Lazard and Davis are both worlds better than Cobb, and it's almost insulting to mention him and GW in the same sentence.  Cheap depth is fine but if he's expected to be any more than that, it's a very different story.  The biggest potential headache might be for ST, as the majority of Jets WRs are useless there.

We'll see how what's turned into the Jets' own best impersonation of the 2003 "Jetskins" works out for them.  I guess this makes them the "Jetpacks" or something?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

the action or practice of acting as if one were morally superior to other people.

I don't see how asking someone to be respectful when using the name Jesus is acting morally superior, then you have a very low bar.

I will now exit this discussion per @slats recommendation.

It's a colloquialism. Get used to it. It's used in America to show a variety of emotions. The religious don't get to police other's notions of their ideas. Learn to scroll past without starting this fight every frigging time someone says Jesus christ.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Eric Allen reports a rumor that the Jets were having a team building bbq and Woody asked what Rodgers wanted most with his streak. Rodgers answered “corn on the cob would be nice”

Woody not having his hearing aids on turned to JD and said “Cobb it is”

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Everyone mad but watch this fool be the one to win us a game or 2 with clutch catches, it usually goes this way 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Absolutely. They not asking him to be what he was in his early days with the Packers. He'll probaly come in intermitteingly and as a third down option for Rodgers who knows him like the back of his hand.  Besides, it makes Rodgers happy and comfortable to have one of his closest compadres next to him. Lizzard, on the other hand, is the one who has to really be Rodgers go to guy along with Garrett.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I don't really see an issue with the signing.  Right now we have Wilson/Lazard/Davis/Hardman/Mims/Cobb, then a bunch of lottery ticket guys.  Davis has a history of getting injured, and neither Mims or Hardman are the beacons of health.  I feel like this is more Hardman backup than anything.  Doesn't really hurt to add him.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I won’t stop beating it like a drum but I’d like to add a solid, proven vet QB. In an “all-in” year in a division likely to be decided by razor-thin margins I don’t want to essentially forfeit games if Rodgers misses some time.. 

True. Now that we got Al Woods, just need Kwon and Vet QB (possibly Josh Johnson) We are almost ready to roll.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, freestater said:

It's a colloquialism. Get used to it. It's used in America to show a variety of emotions. The religious don't get to police other's notions of their ideas. Learn to scroll past without starting this fight every frigging time someone says Jesus christ.

If you were having dinner with your wife at a restaurant, and someone started saying negatives about your wife in earshot, would you defend her?

If you really care about other people, you would not continue to offend them if they told you such.

You may not love the Lord Jesus, but you don't HAVE TO keep speaking His Name in vain KNOWING it's offensive to others.

5 hours ago, jetfan40yrs said:

If you were having dinner with your wife at a restaurant, and someone started saying negatives about your wife in earshot, would you defend her?

If you really care about other people, you would not continue to offend them if they told you such.

You may not love the Lord Jesus, but you don't HAVE TO keep speaking His Name in vain KNOWING it's offensive to others.

I find religion offensive. That doesn't stop the faithful from spouting their nonsense to me repetitively. 

• Post of the Week 2

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, guess we disagree then.  I'd presume Cobb-to-Jets was in the works before the Jets draft, given this timing, and that Rodgers wanted it this way.  I'm sure that would factor into what JD would pivot to if (as happened) all the top OT's were already off the board.

If you don't think it played any part, you're entitled to that view, lord knows us fans will never know.  But why would JD draft a WR if he knew he was planning to have Wilson/Davis/Lazard/Cobb/Hardman/Mims as his 6 guys?  Unless we think JD still plans to move Davis or Mims maybe?

Ok, at least now I understand your reaction, we just disagree on this.

Maybe JD, like most of us, didn’t see a WR worthy of the 15th pick, figured he may find one in the later rounds and when he didn’t backtracked and signed Cobb for the last WR opening.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe JD, like most of us, didn’t see a WR worth the 15th pick, figured he may find one in the later rounds and when he didn’t backtracked and signed Cobb for the last WR opening.  

^^^^ pretty much 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetfan40yrs said:

Who said he cares about other people? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe JD, like most of us, didn’t see a WR worthy of the 15th pick, figured he may find one in the later rounds and when he didn’t backtracked and signed Cobb for the last WR opening.  

An absolutely reasonable theory.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, slats said:

I think we’ve now reached the point why “no religion” is one of the basic rules here. Perhaps we should drop it and say geez and gosh whenever we feeling like using someone’s lords’ name in vain. 

Let’s just all remember to keep the sabbath holy while rooting for Randall Cobb this season. 

How many Saturday games do you think we're going to be scheduled for, Slats? :elmer:

• Haha 2