Saquon Wants To Get Paid

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m pretty sure the new CBA specifically prohibits teams from forgiving or waiving fees fines and penalties accrued during a holding because of the Bell situation. 

seems like a hollow threat to me. 

I'm not sure how that works.   He isn't under contract if he hasn't signed the franchise offer.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Him and his agent blew it. Got offered $13-14 mill per year and turned it down. Now he’ll play on a $10 million franchise tag and probably get a deal in $8 million per year range next off-season.

In his defense we have no clue how much guaranteed money he was offered. But unless he’s planning on holding out and missing real games he should just stfu. He’s beat and he knows it, 

He was their entire offense last year, sit W1 and let giants lose to Dallas to prove a point. Otherwise just sign and stop bitching 

There are maybe one or two backs in the league that I would ever give a second contract to and he is not one of them. I am completely against taking running backs in the first round and I am also completely against giving running backs a second contract. 

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Everyone wants to get paid . He is too injury prone .

He was offered $14M per last year at the bye and he turned it down.  Bad move.

Then the Giants gave Daniel Jones $40M per biding against themselves compounding maters.  

They should have tagged Jones and would be able to sign Saquan, the teams best offensive weapon

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

QB, even mediocre is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than most RBs

Not on the Giants, Saquan is more important than Jones up to now.  A top 5 RB and the Giants #1 receiver

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

I’m pretty sure the new CBA specifically prohibits teams from forgiving or waiving fees fines and penalties accrued during a holding because of the Bell situation. 

seems like a hollow threat to me. 

He can’t be fined, he’s not under contract

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

Him and his agent blew it. Got offered $13-14 mill per year and turned it down. Now he’ll play on a $10 million franchise tag and probably get a deal in $8 million per year range next off-season.

And the funny thing is he is light years the player than Daniel Jones who is nothing more than a slightly better version of Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear us sniffing around here. Kid is a big difference maker. Gibbs was supposedly the pick at 15 if he was there.

I’d be flabbergasted. He was prolific his rookie season, and hasn’t come close to that production since. He got back to 1300 rushing yards last year, but his average was down from 5.0 to 4.4. He was a fool to not accept the $13/14M, or whatever it was, and he would be compounding that foolishness if he sits out the season rather than signing the tag. Sending picks for the right to pay Saquon more than $10M would be stupidity. 

He really should talk to Le’Veon. At this point, the smart thing to do would be to suck it up, play under the tag, and either get tagged again at a minimum of $12M next year or hit free agency. Even if he decides to sit out for all of training camp. It’s not like the Giants are gonna rescind the tag. If he plays, he’ll have pocketed over $48M so far in his career at the end of the season. Or he can sit and that number will be $38M, and he’ll be another year older playing a position that doesn’t age well. He’d never get that money back. I hope for his sake he wises up. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Everyone wants to get paid . He is too injury prone .

I think he is doing the right thing.  He wants some protection if he gets injured.  A 3 year, $30M deal would be fair, with $25M guaranteed.

Signing the franchise tag this year would only net Barkley $10M.  If he signs that and gets injured, his career could be over.  

I agree with his thinking, and feel the Giants should do the right thing, and give this guy a contract.  And if he does stay healthy, then the Giants win with that contract.  

Just look at it this way.  Leonard Williams accounts for $32.26 Million dollars this year, with his 2.5 sacks he got last season.  When you compare the 2, with Barkley easily being the best player on the Giants team last year, it is a no-brainer to pay the man his money!!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Beat me to it.

Wanting to get paid is a universal.

Only saints and martyrs don't want to get paid, and there are few of those in the NFL.

Or in any line of work. Most of us would listen if a competitor offered us a significant pay raise. “But the loyalty!!!”

• Upvote 3