AVT - Achilles - Out for Season

JETS SB

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's more on JD for not having two starting  caliber T's on the opening day roster.  It's absolutely mind boggling to me.  In a year when you have 40 year old QB and visions of a championship - you don't even have two starting caliber T's to start the season.

It's insane.

Now compare the Jets’ OL to every other OL in the league. We’re about to face the best one, probably, but that’s more of an issue for the defense. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's more on JD for not having two starting  caliber T's on the opening day roster.  It's absolutely mind boggling to me.  In a year when you have 40 year old QB and visions of a championship - you don't even have two starting caliber T's to start the season.

It's insane.

This 

but I just hate the idea of moving a guy who’s all-pro at his position just to fill a position he’s average at and has to overcompensate for. It’s completely foolish on both JD and Saleh for both their roles in this. 

This team will never win a Superbowl with these 2 complete hammerheads steering this ship, smfh 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Now compare the Jets’ OL to every other OL in the league. We’re about to face the best one, probably, but that’s more of an issue for the defense. 

This is not a good argument the tackles have been a problem for how many seasons now? This dude is getting paid millions to fix it not keep pace with the rest of the league.

Hard to blame anyone for this, especially JD. None of these guys had injury history prior to drafting them. Just sh*t luck but you have to really be thinking if it is time to make a change in both tackle spots. 

Having one tackle injury prone is a problem, now both? 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is not a good argument the tackles have been a problem for how many seasons now? This dude is getting paid millions to fix it not keep pace with the rest of the league.

How many starting caliber tackles do you think there are in the NFL? The Jets were down to their 4th and 5th for a stretch there, and they held their own. Jets have a deeper OL than a majority of teams. The OL problem here the last couple years has primarily been injuries and a QB problem. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Just brutal. I know injuries happen but it always seems to be our key players.

Also sucks that Max Mitchell has not developed, I know that coaching staff is (or was) high on him. 

After a couple of putrid series, I thought he played well the rest of the way but he is not the caliber of player AVT is. This just sucks.

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets might need to make a trade.   They should probably be looking for two starting T's.

AVT is NOT a Tackle and shouldn't play Tackle ever again -  if he ever comes back.

Agreed, strangely. AVT should be our All-pro LG, and anyone talking about having him play average at any other spot should be punted to the moon.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's insane.

Im curious what you think JD should have done.

When he took over this roster it was the worst in the league, that requires years of work and 15+ hits in the draft and free agency.  Not only that, but these moves are cumulative - Becton gets hurt, so we have to pay duane brown, which prohibits us from investing in OT in free agency.  

On top of that the entire roster needs to be rebuilt so we need to use some draft picks on positions other then OL.  So he uses mid round picks on Max Mitchell and Carter Warren on top of paying Brown.  And yet hes STILL getting criticzed.  Was there an OT that you wanted to draft in the first round this year when we picked?

On top of drafting Mitchell and Warren, he picked Tippman who has been playing at an ELITE level.  So again - is that not enough? Should we ask the league to give us 20 picks in each draft?

I really dont get it - injuries happen, hopefully Mitchell will hold down RT.

• Upvote 1

I would seriously like to know what the statistical chances are that your starting QB and your best OL suffer the same injury only a few weeks apart.  I would predict pretty low and if that's the case, there has to be a connection.  The practice field, stretching or conditioning program, certain risky drills?  

Anyone want to know why these Jets teams keep tearing Achilles at a rate that far exceeds the rest of the NFL?

Take a look into who is running our S&C room...was doing track and field before 3 years as an NFL assistant.  3 years experience working with professional athletes!!!  Saleh hired an amateur.  Getting amateur results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

12 minutes ago, BCJet said:

m curious what you think JD should have done.

Have at least two starting caliber T's on the roster.  It's not like there weren't any available in FA.  He just needed to spend for them....Tackles needed to be a priority and he didn't make it one.

When he took over this roster it was the worst in the league, that requires years of work

This excuse doesn't hold water anymore.  It's been FIVE years.  Teams rebuild in two, maybe three..that's pretty much the window.

On top of drafting Mitchell and Warren, he picked Tippman who has been playing at an ELITE level.  So again - is that not enough?

You're confusing trying with succeeding.  His job isn't to try his job is to actually have staring caliber people on the roster.  If I go to work every day and try hard but don't actually achieve the mandate I was given, I would lose my job...My boss isn't saying - hey no problem we're losing money, you made an effort.

Mitchel is not a starting caliber Tackle, Warren is not a starting caliber player.  Duane Brown wasn't ready to play yet and he's far over the hill. 

If you want to make excuses for Joe Douglas you're welcome to but the reality is he's done a very poor job with the OL. - especially considering all the resources that have gone into it.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, slats said:

How many starting caliber tackles do you think there are in the NFL? The Jets were down to their 4th and 5th for a stretch there, and they held their own. Jets have a deeper OL than a majority of teams. The OL problem here the last couple years has primarily been injuries and a QB problem. 

What I find funny is that they went into the season with two injured/injury prone guys penciled in at both tackle spots, and when they had to predictably reach into their depth, they realized their number 3 and 4 guys were so bad that they had to turn to their starting f*cking guard to play tackle.

Now, I hope either Billy Turner, Max Mitchell, or (god forbid) both step up and prove me wrong (they seemed fine yesterday), but JD's decision making at OL this year has not filled me with confidence.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Of course.

Devastating..  playing in Denver  has been a curse.

Win the battle - but lose the war.

Ugh, "here we go again".

3 freaking years in a row we've played in Denver.  I don't know how that even works.  I thought the schedule is supposed to constantly rotate.  

That really stinks.  Our already questionable OL is down its best player.  Let's hope Max Mitchell can step up.