### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I don't see how you look this defense in the eye and let Zach start the second half.

There's a lot broken on the offense right now but there's only once change you can make that would impact everyone.

Doing the same thing over and over again is insane.

You solved the Internet problem with the kid and replaced it with a fumbling problem.

Enough.

Defense??? How about Breece and Wilson.  Any talent is gonna look to leave a Zach led team.    

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This is the type of sh*t that shows up as an incomplete pass but that should easily be a 30+ completion. Lazard is a little bitch. 

Hand catchers.  Thats what we need.  He was looking at as a can of corn.  The guy is like 8 foot tall.  Plant your feet and high point the ball.  Just terrible.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I don't see how you look this defense in the eye and let Zach start the second half.

There's a lot broken on the offense right now but there's only once change you can make that would impact everyone.

You solved the Internet problem with the kid and replaced it with a fumbling problem.

Enough.

They will only change when it’s too late and they’ve lost the team. I wouldn’t expect any changes and it’s disgusting that “leadership” wrote off this year once AR went down. Loser mentality. 

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Et Tu Brute?

Me as well.  I have never liked Wilson, and I am absolutely tired of every thread being hijacked.  But we know this kid just doesn't have it.  You can't be good for only 5-6 plays every game.  

If by some miracle Aaron can come back, we would still need to win about 6 more games.  Would it hurt to try and see if Tim Boyle could do anything?  Is he going to be worse?

• Upvote 2

I hate to say it, but Hackett has to change his offense.  It's meant for a qb like Rogers who understands tempo and how to read defenses and check out of plays.  However you have to adapt with what you've got.  This team needs to be a run first team! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

lol you have no idea what you’re looking at

the play is a screen Gipson is going to block man

It’s a poorly designed screen, they showed pass pro and then Mekhi and Laken pulled late. Either Zach dirted the ball with an open guy downfield or it’s a sh*tty play design where the decoys downfield should be reads downfield. Tend to believe it’s the latter because Gibson wasn’t really looking back.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When a hockey goalie gets pulled, often it’s not just about the goalie performance.  It’s a team failure sometimes that necessitates the change.

Even if Saleh and you delusional Zach defenders want to argue Zach isn’t the majority of the problem with this O like he is, it’s time to make a change.  If for nothing else than an attempt to demonstrate accountability.

That's a good analogy. I said it in another post, there's a lot wrong on offense. Only one change shakes things up.

Siemian has to be better than what we are seeing right now 

Teams this weekend throwing for 400 yards with rookies and guys that don't know the playbook.

Have to make a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I"m having a hard time seeing a way the Jets score unless the Chargers help.

Herbert is doing a good job avoiding sacks and turnovers so far while still making plays here and there.  He’s a bit of a wuss but he isn’t dumb.  He knows this game is in the bag if he plays it safe.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Enough.

Agree with every single word, but he'll is going to freeze over before Wilson is benched.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

So for 4 plays of Arod we got saddled for a full year of Cobb, Lazard, and Hackett

Hackett (run into the middle of the line on 1st down Every time) is actually the worst.  Zero imagination.  Awful like his father was.  Nepotism in the NFL, still off the charts.  I could be OC with Rodgers as my QB and put up lots of points and Win.  Without Rodgers a Hackett Offense can rarely cross the 50 yard line much less score points.  He has to go.

Lazard is an embarrassment to the NFL at this point.  Cobb was a worthless trinket given to Rodgers to sign.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh yeah just get Lazard out and Zach will be UNLEASHED

Not saying that you dumb sh!tbag. I'm on your side with Zack. 

But they aren't benching him. The least they can do is take Lazard out. All he does is drop passes and commit penalties.

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I remember when people used to think that Gase was good because he the blessings of with Peyton Manning......but Hackett is totally different .......because.....................

Well when your QB misses open receivers with bad passes or an inability to spot them.  And the when he does, they drop the ball, it’s kinda hard to know what to call.

13 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Sorry, this isn't on ZW.

Hall...drop.  Cook...drop.  Lazard...drop.  Lazard...illegal motion.  Ruckert...illegal formation.

Zach missed screen pass.  Zach missed sideline pass.  Zach missed wide open first down run. Zach missed dump off.  Zach in pocket too long.  Zach fumble.

But yeah, none of this on Zach.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hael said:

I hate to say it, but Hackett has to change his offense.  It's meant for a qb like Rogers who understands tempo and how to read defenses and check out of plays.  However you have to adapt with what you've got.  This team needs to be a run first team! 

We’ve been saying that for weeks… Zach sucks but he is playing an offense designed for AR

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

They will only change when it’s too late and they’ve lost the team. I wouldn’t expect any changes and it’s disgusting that “leadership” wrote off this year once AR went down. Loser mentality. 

Yeah it has to be close to losing the team at this point. Can't imagine how frustrated the defense is.

• Upvote 1