The Last Time The Jets Made The Playoffs I Was...................

I was single, no kid, unsure hence the Honda Element I was driving at the time. I lived in my ocean front condo bachelor pad and was an unsure whore.  Now I'm kind of sure and live in a house and sleep w/ only my wife and drive an F150.  I didnt have my Dobermans, Jackson or Mizni (RIP baby doll). I was 20lbs heavier because the Peloton wasnt invented.  It was Urban Meyers last year as the Gators HC, Billy the Kid Donovan still courtside and I was still a Jets fan. Mets, Knicks, Islanders, still bad.  I had hair on my head on not my face, now I'm bald w/ a beard.  I was still an elite basketball player, I didnt play golf or play the guitar, now I cant play basketball, play golf as much as I can and play the guitar daily.  Still surf duh but now I'm about alt boards and retro shapes vs. performance boards only.  My muffin top @The Crusher and his Boopsie relationship was blossoming.  Mafia was alive and well and so was @CTM.  

Other then that, nothing much has changed at all. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Was fortunate to be at the game with my son

he was 10 now 31 married and with a baby

my daughter was 14 now 35 married and with a son

Family is healthy with some bumps along the way

overall extremely fortunate except for this garbage team

Your kids are aging fast. 

I think you missed 2009 and 2010. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

I was old then but not quite as old as I am now. I was 4 years short of retirement and still living in the snowy Rochester area. I am now 8 years retired and living in North Carolina playing golf 3-4 days a week and hitting the gym on the off days. Life is good even though the Jets suck.

I was still hopeful that we had a QB who could win us  a championship and could win any game if he had the ball last and the game was within reach. Then that Pittsburgh Championship Game happened and right before half time we had the ball and Scumbag extraordinaire James Harrison ruined Mark Sanchez with a karate chop cheap shot to the neck-and he was never the same player after that hit and after that game.

My son was 10 years old now 22 this team has been lifelong disappointment I remember watching the mud bowl watching AJ Dewy picking off Todd twice for 2 TDs I was in Middle School now my parents are both Dead. I'm winding down preparing for retirement wasted my whole life on this rotten team with no enjoyment from them just disapointment. 

One more thing been a Yankees fan as long.  Yes the last decade has been horrid but at least got enjoyment from them winning championship hope they turn it around soon because this is just miserable now.

-married two years

- first kid 15 months old

- first year in our 900 sq ft Hoboken condo

-  just past 30; not a gray hair on my head

Now have two kids, including an unfortunate son who roots for this miserable franchise as hard as I do,  a house in the burbs, 16 years with the old ball and chain ..with the gray hairs to prove it. 

The Last Time The Jets Made The Playoffs (January 23rd, 2011) I Was...................

1. I was not yet a promoted Lieutenant. I have since retired, leaving the Department as a Captain and Assistant Fire Marshal.

2. My wife and I had bought our First House together. We are now in our 4th Home.

3. My older son had just turned 2. He is a freshman in High School now.

4, My younger son was 11 months from being born. He is a Middle Schooler now.

5. My wife and I had been married just over 3 years. We celebrated our 16th Anniversary in October.

The last time the Jets made the playoffs I thought we were on the precipice of a long run of success with a young QB and a HC that finally changed the culture of this franchise. My assumption was that we could build around Sanchez who  I actually thought would evolve into a QB like Eli Manning, while not blow you away with great stats, would be very clutch  down the stretch and in the playoffs. He actually showed signs of that in those two playoff runs.

I guess I miscalculated slightly.

I was 28.  Engaged, not married.  No kids.  Still worked for the only company I had ever worked for. In shape.

Now I’m married, 3 boys, all getting Jets jerseys Monday(poor bastards), switched careers which has worked out better to than I could have dreamed.  Out of shape.  Very out of shape.

Have developed a significant enjoyment of Indian food.

Fun topic.  Or very depressing, depending on how you want to look at it.

23 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Still in my 30’s!

Yep.... went from my 30's to my 50's during the Playoff Drought. Neat. I mean, sure, I can't really enjoy having a few drinks without feeling horrible for the next 2 days anymore, spicy food and other stuff I used to love now just messes up my guts, I fall asleep in my recliner in the late afternoon, my back always hurts, and I kinda feel like sh*t all the time... but hey, it was super cool of the Jets to pretty much mail it in and go to sh*t during the last decade of my life that I would still have been able to really enjoy partying.... 

Thanks, guys!

• Upvote 1