123 penalties …..the most in the NFL

johnnyjet

I don't know what to say about the penalties.  

In 2013, rex Ryan's jets finished top 10 in penalties against.

In 2017, Todd Bowles' jets finished top 5 in penalties against.

In 2020 Adam gase's jets finish top 10 in penalties against. 

In 2023 Robert Saleh's jets are leading the league in penalties against. 

In this time we've changed,all defensive personnel, all offensive personnel, all coaching staff, all head office staff, jerseys, logo (kinda).

What do we do?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

In this time we've changed,all defensive personnel, all offensive personnel, all coaching staff, all head office staff, jerseys, logo (kinda).

What do we do?

What's the one thing that has stayed the same throughout all this time, just announced that the current crop of incompetents are staying to ruin next season, and has a name that rhymes with "Bloody"? 

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

How many are on the O line?

how many are illegal formation or procedure calls on the O?

How many are delay of game?

…. I bet a lot.

Interesting thing, I think last season at one point for a few weeks the Jets were the only team to not have a delay of game penalty called against them. Not sure about this season.

Saleh is by no means a good coach, but a pretty clear constant is that teams that are the most talentless garbage also tend to be penalized the most.  Becton has been by a wide margin the most penalized on the team the entire year, do we think his uselessness in blocking would be magically made any better if not continuously seeing how often he can get away with holds and jumping off from the snap early?  Coaching won't magically change this team's absurd dependency on starting many guys who have no right to be out on the field at all.

This is not even the slightest defense of Saleh, as he's certainly not helping by any degree, but anyone who thinks these problems didn't clearly start above him and for years before his arrival are apparently not watching the same sport.

This is somehow more laughable then when we were seeing the same exact narrative play out with Bowles/Maccagnan not that long ago, especially considering how infinitely wrong that mindset was quickly proven to be then.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

What do we do?

I don’t know perhaps sign an actual NFL level head coach 🤔

• Upvote 1

Its not just penalties. You see all kinds of sloppiness from this team related to a lack of focus and discipline. Right before the blocked field goal, the Jets willingly took a 5 yard penalty because they only had 10 men on the field. That was shortly after a 12 men on the field penalty. 

I can't be excited about next season. Not if Rodgers stays healthy, not if they somehow build a functional offensive line. Saleh will still be the coach. They're never going to win anything with him in charge. Never.

Penalties are purely bad coaching in setting discipline standards. This has been going on since Saleh arrived.

Jets players just going through the motions yesterday. It seemed like only Wilson, Hall and JJ were still playing hard. Everyone else playing not to get hurt and ready for season to be over. No one tackled and very little blocking.

8 hours ago, Hex said:

What's the one thing that has stayed the same throughout all this time, just announced that the current crop of incompetents are staying to ruin next season, and has a name that rhymes with "Bloody"? 

Woody does not rhyme with bloody LOL. Like good and food. It would be Wuddy to rhyme LOL. Sorry for being a wise ass. Can't help it after last night's embarrassment.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

What do we do?

Hire someone who isn’t a player’s coach.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Woody does not rhyme with bloody LOL. Like good and food. It would be Wuddy to rhyme LOL. Sorry for being a wise ass. Can't help it after last night's embarrassment.

That's ok. I spent like 3 minutes trying to find a word that rhymes with 'Woody' and gave up. I'd probably do the same thing you did, honestly lol.

Context matters and going beyond just wins (there haven’t been many under Saleh) and losses…

• There have been too many blow out losses
  • There have been too many penalties
  • The team looks completely LOST in bad games and situationally lost in close games
  • There are too many no show games with zero effort

I don’t care what Rodgers wants….this guy and the whole staff should go

5 hours ago, TheAustrian said:

Yes we get a lot of penalties but half of them wouldn't be called on other teams 

Ah, yes, the ole the NFL wants a team in one of the largest markets in the country to lose for "reasons" and goes out of the way to fix games against them. Especially when they're calling things like 12 men in the huddle which I mean how do you even tell, really? All the false starts on Becton where he's like standing up and and twirling around for a few seconds before the ball is snap is such a borderline call.

..and you certainly don't have fans of 31 other teams who all think they're team is under a conspiracy from the NFL in regards to penalties. It's only so bad for the Jets to have that be something the fans would think..