Thoughts on Lamar today?

The Ravens would have been better off if he kept himself out due to a fake injury waiting on a new contract.  

The playcalling was atrocious.  IMO.  They are run first team, and didn't run the ball.  

• Upvote 3

I'd be more critical of Lamar's failure to use his legs off-schedule, if Harbaugh, for whom I have great admiration, had his OC call more than one or two designed runs for Lamar.. And the failure to not try to nail down a first down when they had the ball near mid-field near the end of the first half, gifting the Chiefs a field goal, was, at least for me, clear cut. Instead that sequence started with an  incomplete long ball that looked to me to be a first read ordered by the bench..

And by the way, it didn't look to me like the Chiefs were employing heavy boxes. In light of that, the Ravens didn't run enough in general--only eight rushes in addition to the eight by Lamar.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Lamar sucked! Instead of taking off running when his receivers were covered he stayed in the pocket and waited for a receiver to get open - screwed up his whole game. He should of pumped once - no one open then take off. 

yeah maybe...

However he  really needs to be a pocket passer for his career to sustain.

Could have been a coaching thing, who knows

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Arsis said:

Lamar is a slightly better version of Tim Tebow

Wouldn't go that far.  But regular season he is a cheat code....can run and make enough throws when necessary.   Post season...if he makes it that far without getting hurt....making the big throws becomes more important than being a good running qb who can throw.    He  just seems to come up small when it matters most.

• Upvote 2

Worrying comment from Lamar about the Chiefs being blitz heavy ... "That's different. We wasn't expecting that"

What a damning indictment on the coaching staff for not planning for that and not responding to it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Thought he got totally frustrated and started playing hero ball. Can't have a meltdown like that.

I also wonder how much the earlier penalty played into Flowers' fumble ... trying too hard to make amends and ended up compounding the original issue.

• Upvote 1

Lamar is fine when his 2 dimensonal game is working it certainly opens things up but when it becomes one dimensional and he's forced to throw, things just don't go well. You think Lamar could have thrown most of the Dimes Goff is throwing out there tonight ? Teams have to adjust the entire defense to account for Lamar that makes it easy for the Ravens to scheme players wide open and they usually do. But when a team can play them straight up it gets more difficult for Lamar . Yes he is a great talent and yes he will have his great games but he has his limitations and coming from behind vs good to great defenses is not his strong point and I'm not sure it ever will be. What happened today is exactly to a tee what I said "could" happen and it did. Same way the Ravens could have blown them out and Lamar look all world.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Couldn't watch the game because I'm in the US for the first time in almost five years and apparently can't figure out how to operate an American television.  Went through 400 or so channels and couldn't find the game.

You could have just walked to any bar and watched the game.  Just sayin'  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

It’s the baggage…….

no one wanted that Sh!*!

hope he retires tomorrow 

I disagree with 90% of the sh*t he decides to throw out there for no reason, but his teammates love him(here, at least) and his name alone gave us credibility for the first time in a decade.  I'm willing to give him one more chance to see what this team is with him on the field.  If it doesn't work, you move on.  You can cut him after June before the 2025 season.  Clean house - new coach, GM.  Not really my idea of being "****ed".  It's one more season.

35 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

You could have just walked to any bar and watched the game.  Just sayin'  

Still jet lagged.  Watched part of it in a bar in Mobile and realized I could barely keep my eyes opened.

Drove back to the Airbnb thinking I'd be able to watch it and be free to fall asleep if I wanted to.

Randy Orton No GIF by WWE

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Couldn't watch the game because I'm in the US for the first time in almost five years and apparently can't figure out how to operate an American television.  Went through 400 or so channels and couldn't find the game.

Was able to listen to some random gambling channel doing play by play and it sounded like another Lamar post-season dud.

They said he overthrew tons of receivers, thew an INT into triple coverage and didn't use his legs as often as he should have.

True or false?

True

72900d58-47f9-4966-843f-d5ba611cdf1b_tex

I thought before the game there was too much hype going on for Lamar and the Ravens. They were definitely capable of being outplayed by KC and losing the game and they were. It was one game Lamar had a great season not a good final game. 

14 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Lamar sucked! Instead of taking off running when his receivers were covered he stayed in the pocket and waited for a receiver to get open - screwed up his whole game. He should of pumped once - no one open then take off. 

Coincidentally, that's exactly whay Purdy did against the Lions. Made a number of huge plays doing so. 

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Karen Rodgers is a fraud.  You and I both know it.  We are stuck with his has been teammates and a OC who could not coach a middle school football team.  We are so screwed.  We went from bad (Zach) to worse (Aaron).

the word for 2023 is Desperation

Dude you need to get a grip!

AR is a 4 time MVP. Lamar cant sniff his jockstrap.

The word for 2024 is RELAX.

My God these jet fans! Go take your meds and calm down!...lol

• Post of the Week 2

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Karen Rodgers is a fraud.  You and I both know it.  We are stuck with his has been teammates and a OC who could not coach a middle school football team.  We are so screwed.  We went from bad (Zach) to worse (Aaron).

the word for 2023 is Desperation

Now you think Zackie poo is better than AR? lol That is likely the best joke I have ever heard or the wrongest take ever made on this site. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Was able to listen to some random gambling channel doing play by play and it sounded like another Lamar post-season dud.

They said he overthrew tons of receivers, thew an INT into triple coverage and didn't use his legs as often as he should have.

True or false?

Dude it is the plugs. Your UK television has a different plug. You should have left it home.  :)

17 hours ago, Corn said:

He certainly didn't earn that big contract play Calling looked a little suspect.

All year they ran the ball down peoples throats only to change it in the biggerst game of the year. Left it in Lamars hands and he failed again. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, slimjasi said:

They had 7 points with 2 minutes left 

I think you can do the math on the QB

the abandonment of the running game was bizarre, to say the least. And Flowers let him down. 

But Lamar failed today 

Yesterday was the first time since December 2021 that they've had a deficit of 10 points or more.

They don't know how to play from behind and when you try to make Lamar into a drop back passer he still can't do it, despite what the analytics folks and his other advocates in the media will try to claim.

Granted, part of this is definitely coaching. They panicked when they got down and abandoned the run. Justice Hill and Gus Edwards combined for 6 carries. That's absurd. They're a run first team and literally always will be with Lamar.

But Lamar choked and lost the game. His interception into triple coverage was probably the single worst throw/decision of the playoffs and basically sealed the win for the Chiefs.

• Upvote 1