Chargers Hire Jets Director of Player Personnel Chad Alexander

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Everbody’s heading for the lifeboats, with good cause

Both Douglas and Saleh are lame ducks. I assume neither will be extended this offseason. I doubt they fill these roles. Saves Woody money anyways.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Both Douglas and Saleh are lame ducks. I assume neither will be extended this offseason. I doubt they fill these roles. Saves Woody money anyways.

Would not surprise me in the least. Maybe a lame internal promotion of a yes man or two

• Upvote 2

It’s crazy that people directly involved with this front office are jumping ship but the gaslighters want to tell us that a 40 year old hippie and another JD offseason is the solution. 

God speed you gullible simpletons 
200.gif?cid=d9212ad90wqucy9wdizk5ec0cx99fmopiru8t5m4c0oko9jb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
Now Rodgers is a hippie. Is it oatmeal that's sloshing around in your cranium?
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Have to assume that he was offered Hogans job but his agent shopped him around first.  Now the Jets have basically zero guys to replace JD next year instead of 2.  

anyone with a future will get tf outta here 

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1

Never heard of this guy until today.   But of course a rising star goes to an organization that just hired Jim Harbaugh, while we're left with whatever we can attract in our current predicament.   Maybe he'll be back as our GM if things don't go well after this year.

Wow. Alexander and Hogan were the two big gets when Douglas formed his staff. Daniel Jeremiah talked up Alexander when we got him.

Those are the only two people I knew on Douglas’ staff and both are now gone.

Only high ranked left is director of college scouting. Dont know who that is but we’ll look him up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can someone tell me what director of player personnel is responsible for?

He was responsible for scouting players already in the nfl (ie for Free Agency, Trades etc).

He was considered a rising star when we got him. I recall us getting him from the Ravens but that might be wrong.

Hogan was the experienced hire for Douglas. We got him from the Colts I believe.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Wow. Alexander and Hogan were the two big gets when Douglas formed his staff. Daniel Jeremiah talked up Alexander when we got him.

Those are the only two people I knew on Douglas’ staff and both are now gone.

Only high ranked left is director of college scouting. Dont know who that is but we’ll look him up.

Yes, Alexander coming from Baltimore at that time was a great hire.  The other guy on our staff that I thought was a good hire was Savage who used to be a GM and ran the Senior bowl.  I believe he is still on staff as write this. 

• Upvote 3

First Hogan, now Alexander...this is not a good sign. As others have said, Alexander was seen as a very good hire when he came in, as part of the Baltimore front office pipeline.

Anyone with options is leaving the Jets' ship before it slides under the icy waves. This is partly a consequence of Woody opting to leave everyone as lame ducks - people want to jump now before they are pushed out after the 2024 season.

Douglas / Saleh might try to use this uncertainty to push for extensions from Woody - he shouldn't bite.  The right thing to do was to clear everyone out months ago and start yet again.  But it's too late for that now - we are stuck with an overmatched and diminishing regime this year.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He had a big part in suggesting the free agents JD went after.

So the rising star was responsible for recommending players like Hardman, Tomlinson, and Uzomah?

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

Let's be honest the Chargers are trending up and we aren't. Plus would you rather live in LA or NJ? It's a no brainer. So if he was offered the same job with us. If I was him I'd still take the LAC job. Not even sure we offered him Hogans job. But now we have 2 big FO spots open. Interesting to see how we fill those with the combine and all approaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Let's be honest the Chargers are trending up and we aren't. Plus would you rather live in LA or NJ? It's a no brainer. So if he was offered the same job with us. If I was him I'd still take the LAC job. Not even sure we offered him Hogans job. But now we have 2 big FO spots open. Interesting to see how we fill those with the combine and all approaching.

The two places I'd least like to live in are NJ and LA.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

10 hours ago, bicketybam said:
11 hours ago, oatmeal said:
It’s crazy that people directly involved with this front office are jumping ship but the gaslighters want to tell us that a 40 year old hippie and another JD offseason is the solution. 

God speed you gullible simpletons 
200.gif?cid=d9212ad90wqucy9wdizk5ec0cx99fmopiru8t5m4c0oko9jb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

Now Rodgers is a hippie. Is it oatmeal that's sloshing around in your cranium?

dLey6g.gif

• Haha 1