Jets resign Morstead

Yet another move where the GM was stupider than the fans ala the Moses trade.

Braden Mann stinks, gets hurt, morestad comes in and punts wonderfully, joe dumb ass fan says dump Mann he stinks!  Morestad is good!

Jets dump Morestad to Miami and bring back Mann who.... what do you know?   Stinks as bad as he did before.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, slats said:

Braden Mann just signed a two year extension to continue punting for the same organization garnering praise around here for signing a part time pass rusher and a running back for $88M. 

That does show poor judgement on their part. Brandon Mann is garbage. 

Mann was top  tier in the league in both gross and net average for Philly last year (set franchise records) and they  extended him for Morestead money, which seems about right. I have no idea why the light went on, but when we add in Mann's athleticism (other than on that NE punt return), it looks like Mann has found a secure place in the league. Good on him.

12 minutes ago, Alworth said:

Mann was top  tier in the league in both gross and net average for Philly last year (set franchise records) and they  extended him for Morestead money, which seems about right. I have no idea why the light went on, but when we add in Mann's athleticism (other than on that NE punt return), it looks like Mann has found a secure place in the league. Good on him.

I know a few Eagles fans and they effen hate Mann. For what it is worth. Big spot...crappy punt.

48 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I know a few Eagles fans and they effen hate Mann. For what it is worth. Big spot...crappy punt.

That’s his M.O., same as it was here. He really did put up much better numbers last year, though, and Eagles fans are about as supportive as Jets fans are, lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alworth said:

I have no idea what was wrong with him here on the Jets.   He was great in college, I was genuinely happy they drafted him, and it took him 3 years to figure it out.  Last year he was 4th in the NFL in Net Yards per punt, with 15 inside the 20 and 1 touch back.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

There couldn't have been too many crappy punts to yield over 50 gross and 43.9 net in the Northeast outdoors. I watched him in at least three Eagles games on TV  and each time he "beat" the other punter, which was Parcells' measuring stick

Fans are gonna fan, especially those notoriously calm and objective Eagles fans.

17 hours ago, Tooooon said:

Idiot move from idiot Gm and idiot coach on idiot team with idiot owner.  

(Did I do that right?)

Pretty good.  

Only one thing could make it better IMO.  Could add one simple line, the move has Woody meddling all over it.