Louis Rees Zammit visiting jets today

Just now, jetsrule128 said:

Famous rugby player 

trying to make the nfl as an international player 

Was just reading about this guy yesterday.  Apparently held a pro day and ran in the 4.4.s.

Would've been a Jet long ago if Mangini was still calling the shots.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Was just reading about this guy yesterday.  Apparently held a pro day and ran in the 4.4.s.

Would've been a Jet long ago if Mangini was still calling the shots.

G0d Zammit I think your right.

• Haha 3

6-3, 195lbs, runs a 4.4.

Probably a project for conversion to WR.

I'd love to see it happen, but the deck is really stacked against these guys. Excellent athletes, but coming late to the game and competing against guys who have played the game their whole lives...and who are also excellent athletes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

6-3, 195lbs, runs a 4.4.

I'd love to see it happen, but the deck is really stacked against these guys. Excellent athletes, but coming late to the game and competing against guys who have played the game their whole lives...and who are also excellent athletes.

Let's hope he's a kicker and we run fakes non stop.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

6-3, 195lbs, runs a 4.4.

I was thinking a possible safety project/prospect.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

6-3, 195lbs, runs a 4.4.

I hate when they try to make these guys practice at receiver or running back. Those are highly instinctive positions that you have to be born to play because there’s so much unteachable nuance to being successful at those spots. If the Jets are letting Ashtyn Davis walk, they should move Jarrick Bernard Converse into that role and let this rugby guy get his feet wet as the fourth safety and special teamer. Safety obviously requires a lot of reps and instincts, but there are more defined rules as to how to play it, and it doesn’t matter if he figures it out or not because no team has a capable fourth safety. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I hate when they try to make these guys practice at receiver or running back. Those are highly instinctive positions that you have to be born to play because there’s so much unteachable nuance to being successful at those spots. If the Jets are letting Ashtyn Davis walk, they should move Jarrick Bernard Converse into that role and let this rugby guy get his feet wet as the fourth safety and special teamer. Safety obviously requires a lot of reps and instincts, but there are more defined rules as to how to play it, and it doesn’t matter if he figures it out or not because no team has a capable fourth safety. 

Does he have leadership qualities?

If so, instead sounds like all he needs to be a perfect candidate to play LB.

I'm sure @Sperm Edwards would agree.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

6-3, 195lbs, runs a 4.4.

Nice build for a safety. You know he likes to hit.😎

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In general I'd argue any athletic freak trying to convert to football later is life is better off on defense. Concepts are simpler, technique is less important, more about athleticism and effort. Fly to the ball, react, etc.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

It’s part of the league’s international player pathway program, every team does this. 

Yeah but JD thinks he’s smart for doing it the other  GM’s do it because of the program . So there! Slats!! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Look under every rock.

Remember when San Diego laughably brought in that basketball player?   Antonio Gates.

Agreed.

Remember when the Buffalo Bills hilariously brought in that 36 year old 5' 10" quarterback from the CFL to play QB? Doug Flutie

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How about Kurt Warner?

Jeff Garcia, when he left the CFL to try the NFL I laughed as a CFL fan.  He was a good CFL QB but I never thought he was great.  I thought there was zero chance he would even make a team in the NFL.

4 time pro bowler and about a 12 year nfl career

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

Jeff Garcia, when he left the CFL to try the NFL I laughed as a CFL fan.  He was a good CFL QB but I never thought he was great.  I thought there was zero chance he would even make a team in the NFL.

4 time pro bowler and about a 12 year nfl career

I forgot about Jeff Garcia. It was VP Bill Walsh who brought him to the 49ers. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Quite a big deal here in the UK; he's the star player of the Welsh Rugby Union  side; and he's abandoned it for a crack at the NFL, as that's his true passion.

Had a few rugby players try to make adjustment, such as Christian Wade, Jarryd Hayne and obviously Valentine Holmes who was on our books, but Fair play hope he makes it... might get a few more interested in the Jets in the UK.

I drive around Liverpool and Manchester with a Jets decal on my car. Never had as much as a beep or let on 😒

• Haha 1