Sounds like we don’t know the status of Jordan Love’s injury just yet

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

NFL has a game in friggin Brazil on a trash field, has a ref make a bullsh*t call to give Philly the game, and has a top 5 QB out for the year. Bravo Rog.

Matt? Least nobody bitching about MetLife turf,, uhhh, errr, till they play on it. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tough break.  Early word is the ACL popped.

Tough break for the kid.

It’s football there’s always going to be injuries . Next man up.    Raiders lost a big part of their team for the season  yesterday ( non contact) De Malcolm Koonce.( was expecting monster year)        No one going to feel sorry for any team , it’s whoever you have healthy to play the game. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Player gets injured in high-risk contact sport - blame the field. emoji848.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

How many people griped about the MetLife field last season when Aaron Rodgers went down?

Quite a few as I recall.

It was pretty apparent from the onset of the game last night, that the field was more slippery, then your average NFL field.

Was it the cause of Love's injury?

Maybe, maybe not.

How many people griped about the MetLife field last season when Aaron Rodgers went down?
Quite a few as I recall.
It was pretty apparent from the onset, that field was more slippery, then your average NFL field.
Did that contribute to Love's injury? Looks like a Philly defender had him by both ankles, not really much for the field to do in that case.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Did that contribute to Love's injury? Looks like a Philly defender had him by both ankles, not really much for the field to do in that case.

Agree with you.

They also showed the GB coaching staff working on Love's calves with massaging devices a few times, late in the 3rd quarter, like his calves were cramping, which also could have been a factor.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

It’s football there’s always going to be injuries . Next man up.    Raiders lost a big part of their team for the season  yesterday ( non contact) De Malcolm Koonce.( was expecting monster year)        No one going to feel sorry for any team , it’s whoever you have healthy to play the game. 

Koonce is out for Week 1.  I've seen nothing about the season.  Have you seen a reliable report on that?

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

NFL has a game in friggin Brazil on a trash field, has a ref make a bullsh*t call to give Philly the game, and has a top 5 QB out for the year. Bravo Rog.

It reminded me of when they tried the natural grass trays in the Meadowlands. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is never a good answer:

Packers’ HC Matt LaFleur on QB Jordan Love's status: "I don't know. I don't know."

"I don't know" is actually the best answer about any injury suffered before the player can be properly examined.

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

From start to finish this was an AWFUL experiment.  The league should be embarrassed.

When people stop going to games or stop watching games due to field conditions, then the NFL will care  $$$

• Upvote 2

My nurse brain has a hard time understanding a 'pop' of a ligament being visualized from the front of the knee given its anatomical structure. My guess is patella dislocation that spontaneously reduced. Painful for sure, but not season-ending by any stretch. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Knee moving inward like that could mean MCL strain or tear Ive had one and they hurt like a bitch. That being said there is always the possibility its an ACL as well

DocFlynn @DocFlynnNFL
Jordan Love was injured at the end of the game as he was tackled by a player already on the ground. Love had his left knee examined by the medical staff on the field and was able to walk off with assistance. With that type of injury we worry most about the MCL in the knee and the high ankle. For now, hoping for the best and awaiting news from the team.

54 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Easy for you to say when you’ve got the two best Kickers in the NFL.  Depth for dayssssss

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So as a distinguished gentleman in a SuperFlex league - Jordon Love was my 2nd round pick this year.

Nick Chubb was my second-round pick last year.

Baby Reaction GIF

So this is all your fault 😕

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

From start to finish this was an AWFUL experiment.  The league should be embarrassed.

Agree. If THAT was showcasing the NFL to broaden it’s appeal, then … I don’t know what to say. Totally sloppy game on a terrible field, with no energy in the stadium, that the refs made into a flag fest. It was a BAD football game. And then one of the up and coming marquee players gets seriously injured on the second to last play? Just ice on the stale, soggy cake.

• Upvote 1

Bad luck cause injuries more so than fields, every one was bleating about wanting grass fields and even the internet experts like JJ Watt were saying this soccer field was slippery but soft and thus would have soft tissue injures but not serious ones.

• Sympathy 1

• slats changed the title to Sounds like we don’t know the status of Jordan Love’s injury just yet