Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

This is such not a big deal......We all know Suh was going to break his jaw anyway :winking0001:

1740995_349962208536395_91992182_n.jpg

Lmao, geno kicked your pathetic team out of the playoffs two years in a row and you're talking sh*t. He had a PERFECT QB rating and you're talking sh*t. Lolololol.

• Upvote 1

The logic is that if you are very close to somebody (as Marshall apparently is with Geno) and you see them get sucker-punched and get their jaw broken, you don't simply go: "Oh, whoa, whoa, chill guys." Instead, you step in and physically remove the assailant from the vicinity. I'm not saying I expect Marshall and Mangold to beat the sh*t outta IK, but I WOULD expect them to get mad and remove IK from the locker room. No one is supposed to touch your QB, especially like that.

If my friend was an a$$hole and caused himself to get hit in the face then yes I would call him an a$$hole and say he got what he deserved.  There is never a reason to get physical unless its self defense.  Sounds like Geno provoked it.  Doesn't mean IK should have responded, takes a bigger man to show resilience then it does to throw a punch.  But Geno doesn't sound like he was being a good leader in this situation either.

He was immediately removed from the building and released by the Jets.  There isn't anything more to do, sounds like it was a one and done punch so there was no need to restrain IK.

This is heartbreaking. Kinda reminds me of the time people lost their minds when Rex left Sanchez in only to get him hurt in a pre-season game. Sanchez, as we all know, was destined for greatness. And of course, Geno has done nothing but inspire the utmost confidence in all Jets fans with the way he occasionally manages to move the chains, in between all those interceptions he throws. The drop off between Geno and Fitzpatrick might as well be the drop off between Brady and Garoppolo.

Seriously though, the thing that sucks about this is another year wasted not knowing "For certain" that Geno is a bust or not.

This is my biggest disappointment.  I really wanted to ride or die with Geno this year so we can put it to bed one way or another this season.  Jaw is broken in 2 places may take full 10 weeks or more to heal.  He might be out until half way through season, at that point if Fitzy is just average, no way Geno gets opportunity to come back in.

• Upvote 1

Lmao, geno kicked your pathetic team out of the playoffs two years in a row and you're talking sh*t. He had a PERFECT QB rating and you're talking sh*t. Lolololol.

LOL calm down killer. Yes he lit us up the last game of the year. Maybe that was his turning point? Maybe he was gonna shred defenses this year. Guess we won't know....

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

No one got between IK and Smith before the punch according to reports.

IK can't do what he did and it was proper to release him.

That said, Geno has a lockerroom issue and has always been known to be an a$$hole.  It finally caught up to him.

• Upvote 4

Wow that's what you're girlfriend says about me :1st:

Lmfao what are you six? The most hilarious part about this is im imagining an old ass man who can barely form a coherent sentence sitting on his computer patting him self on the back for making a "your girlfriend joke". Dont you have an AARP meeting to attend?