Jets Waive Oday Aboushi

JetNation

In a move that may have come as a surprise to some fans, the Jets announced that they have cut ties with offensive lineman Oday Aboushi after serving his one- game suspension earlier this week.

The team had until 4pm today to make a decision on Aboushi, to waive him or make another move to create a roster spot for the Virginia product who started ten games for the Jets last season and they opted for the former.

Another failed draft pick by the departed John Idzik, Aboushi's suspension was related to an incident in which the lineman was pulled over and given a traffic citation but was found to be in possession of fewer than 50 grams of marijuana according to Dom Cosentino of NJ.com.

Given multiple reports during training camp of Aboushi working primarily with third and fourth-stringers, making the roster was never a guarantee, and his off-field incident may have cemented his fate with GM Mike Maccagnan and Head Coach Todd Bowles.

No corresponding move is necessary as Aboushi was not on the 53-man roster.

As dumb as these athletes are that are caught with weed or other drugs I'm also wondering why these guys get pulled over all the time.  If i had something illegal in my car I"m following every sign and and not even going through a yellow light.  Geeze.   

John Idzik's 19 draft picks:

Dee Milliner:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Sheldon Richardson:  Dominant force at DT, committed 4 crimes at once.
Calvin Pryor:  Nice Week 1, possibly not a bust.
Jace Amaro:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Geno Smith:  Geno-ing.
CB Dexter McDougle:  Could be a player per Crusher.
T/G Oday Aboushi:  Waived.
G Brian Winters:  May well be next to go after Jets brought in about 27 new guards this offseason.
WR  Jalen Saunders:  On his 4th team.
WR Shaq Evans:  # 5/6 receiver and special teamer.
G Dakota Dozier:  Project lineman.
LB Jeremiah George:  Cut.
DB Brandon Dixon:  Cut.
WR Quincy Enunwa:  New H-Back in Gailey's scheme, could be promising.
DE/LB IK Enemkpali:  Cut after punching Geno.
QB Tajh Boyd:  Cut.
OL William Campbell:  Cut
LB Trevor Reilly:  Solid backup.  Arguably Idzik's 2nd best draft pick.
FB Tommy Bohanon:  Arguably Idzik's best draft pick.  Yep.

Our coaching staff/front office is showing that they are not afraid.  There are always exceptions made to superb talents (Sheldon).  For all others...bye bye.

That's how you get peoples attention.  No blabber.  Just actions.

This is how I prefer a team be run.  This is the type of organization I like to be.  

You gotta get the breaks.  You gotta win games on the field.  But in terms of acting like professionals we have a good crew leading us.

G Brian Winters:  May well be next to go after Jets brought in about 27 new guards this offseason.

If this team can survive that   poor drafting over  a couple of years this new regime gets  a gold medal

Edit it again. 

Saunders is on his sixth team, not his fourth. Jets-Cards-Seahawks-Saints-Pats-Bears.

Shaq Evans was cut.  He is a FA who tried out for the Giants.

Enunwa does seem promising, but he was cut last year and sitting on the practice squad.  That is the same as George and DIxon.  The only difference is that nobody felt him worthy of poaching. 

In a move that may have come as a surprise to some fans, the Jets announced that they have cut ties with offensive lineman Oday Aboushi after serving his one- game suspension earlier this week.

The team had until 4pm today to make a decision on Aboushi, to waive him or make another move to create a roster spot for the Virginia product who started ten games for the Jets last season and they opted for the former.

Another failed draft pick by the departed John Idzik, Aboushi's suspension was related to an incident in which the lineman was pulled over and given a traffic citation but was found to be in possession of fewer than 50 grams of marijuana according to Dom Cosentino of NJ.com.

Given multiple reports during training camp of Aboushi working primarily with third and fourth-stringers, making the roster was never a guarantee, and his off-field incident may have cemented his fate with GM Mike Maccagnan and Head Coach Todd Bowles.

No corresponding move is necessary as Aboushi was not on the 53-man roster.

No more worries of a terrorist attack against the infidel football Jets.

I'm surprised by this.  I liked him better than Dozier but what do I know.  He was decent last year in a fair amount of starts so I'm surprised with decent tape and experience plus with a cheap contract that's he'd get cut.  But we simply have to trust the football guys who know a sh*t ton more than we do.

I thought he'd be the #1 backup Guard this year.  I guess Winters has looked better but Dozier making the cut is a surprise to me.

Edit it again. 

Saunders is on his sixth team, not his fourth. Jets-Cards-Seahawks-Saints-Pats-Bears.

Shaq Evans was cut.  He is a FA who tried out for the Giants.

Enunwa does seem promising, but he was cut last year and sitting on the practice squad.  That is the same as George and DIxon.  The only difference is that nobody felt him worthy of poaching. 

I thought Evans was on the PS.  

Thought he performed fine last year. Better than Winters.

No, you didn't pay attention.   Aboushi played one good game and that's it.   The rest he was between below average and downright lousy.  You might be right about him being better than Winters though. But that is like choosing between a stomach virus and food poisoning.   The result is still diarrhea.

And still Idzik's worst of all draft picks and a bust since day one is still taking up an otherwise useful roster spot.

Hopefully that will be fixed during the bye week when the far more capable Josh Johnson is re signed and Smith gets his one way ticket out punched by the Jets

You're boring me with your one trick pony posting. 

No, you didn't pay attention.   Aboushi played one good game and that's it.   The rest he was between below average and downright lousy.  You might be right about him being better than Winters though. But that is like choosing between a stomach virus and food poisoning.   The result is still diarrhea.

oh i paid attention just fine. Aboushi was adequate. The Jets had a good running attack and it's tough to judge a OL when you have Geno holding the ball 8 seconds every play. Given that he was a young player with 10 starts under his belt, I figured he'd at least snag a bench spot. The fact that he didn't probably speaks more to his effort in camp this year and his arrest then it does his 2014 season.

large.gif

Brutal no matter how many times we see those picks.

As dumb as these athletes are that are caught with weed or other drugs I'm also wondering why these guys get pulled over all the time.  If i had something illegal in my car I"m following every sign and and not even going through a yellow light.  Geeze.   

It is pretty ridiculous. Even more so when it's a backup player. 

And it's more than just going through a yellow light (though I agree I wouldn't even do that much). What percentage of traffic stops result in searching the whole freaking car? So he had to be doing something to attract that kind of attention/suspicion. Freaking idiot.

lol

The only question is: why didn't they do it sooner?

I wondered this too. Only conclusion I came up with was that they kept him around in case anyone got injured Week 1. No one did so he's out the door.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Archived