What are Todd Bowles positives?

Jetster

Forget last year it means NOTHING! We beat 2 teams with winning records & lost the most IMPORTANT game of the year by losing in Buffalo & missing out on the playoffs. 

So we moved on to the 2nd year under Bowles, knowing full well that we had a much tougher schedule. It's been a DISASTER! 

Give me 5 reasons other than the "continuity" excuse to keep these guys? Bowles-Gailey-Rogers? The trifecta of horrific. 

I'll give you a few of the incredibly negative things I've seen, 1- unprepared, 2- undisciplined- 3- players don't respect them. Those types of issues DONT get better, see Rex Ryan. Bowles is also conservative to a fault! He claims he's trying to win games & 3 times now he's punted when the correct decision was to go for it & try to win the game! 20 yards means nothing to this defense, it STINKS! 

I can't wait to read the many positives of keeping Bowles in 2017.

Just now, Clueless Owner said:

A positive? You could sell to Macy's as a mannequin and nobody would know the difference!!

Thats it he's doing the new mannequin craze weekly. 

Theres nothing positive about Todd Bowles or any of the coaches or the GM for that matter. 

We are in deep. 

I'm telling you right now, if you really think about it no one will be able to come up with any positives & that is a huge problem going forward into 2017 with probably 3 young QBs if Glennon is on Maccs Radar. The old farts have to be avoided, no Cutler, no Romo sh*t. This team needs to be rebuilt for the 2018-2220 after Brady/Belichick run.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm telling you right now, if you really think about it no one will be able to come up with any positives & that is a huge problem going forward into 2017 with probably 3 young QBs if Glennon is on Maccs Radar. The old farts have to be avoided, no Cutler, no Romo sh*t. This team needs to be rebuilt for the 2018-2220 after Brady/Belichick run.

I don't want Cutler or Romo.  Glennon is the guy we need to sign.

Cutler stunk up the joint today against a Tampa Bay defense that would have trouble stopping me.  

Someone refere

31 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

I envy teams who have coaches who play to win.

looking at the seahawks  - pats game

If Bowles had Brady or Wilson, this conversation would not be happening. The Jets make the playoffs last year and this year probably at least .500. It is not just a coincidence that the franchises that always have coaches on the hot seat are those without a franchise QB.  A franchise QB makes all coaches look good.

25 minutes ago, SBBound said:

Someone refere

If Bowles had Brady or Wilson, this conversation would not be happening. The Jets make the playoffs last year and this year probably at least .500. It is not just a coincidence that the franchises that always have coaches on the hot seat are those without a franchise QB.  A franchise QB makes all coaches look good.

Bowles positives? Give me some.

Last year he did a good job putting to bed the lawlessness of sexy rexy's era. Unfortunately this year he seems to have lost that. 

He hasn't hired family members to be his co-head coach.

That's pretty much all I have. 

Both coordinators are awful. I understood the Gailey hire. I even understand keeping him after going 10-6 last year with Fitz. I don't understand why he has kept his job this far into this season. I've never been fond of Rodgers. 

He's good with the media, in that he doesn't provide motivational material for the opposition.  I always felt like Rex went out of his way to incite anger in the opponent, and then it would backfire on him.  

I like the hiring of Gailey, I don't think the play calling has been the problem.  

Other than that, I don't know.  I thought he did a good job in developing the youngsters last year, but they have all regressed this year.   I hate his in game clock management, and conservative play calling.  

2 hours ago, SBBound said:

Someone refere

Bingo

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Positive. He won't be the HC much longer. 

I fear we will waste another year by giving him a perceived "only fair 3rd year." The guy just can't Coach. Even if your team sucks, I expect the following from an NFL Coach:-

Discipline.

Team Prepared.

Basic Clock management.   

In game adjustments.

Balls.

lol so just throw out 16 of the 26 games he's coached for us? Except for the one game in Buffalo he lost. Ok.

Bowles has been the same coach this year as he was last year. The difference is his teams regressed. They've blown games this year they shouldn't have lost. The team just isn't that good. He has no QB, no secondary, no O-Line, his top players have been called out for dogging it. It's been a struggle in his second year. For everyone, not just him.

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

lol so just throw out 16 of the 26 games he's coached for us? Except for the one game in Buffalo he lost. Ok.

Bowles has been the same coach this year as he was last year. The difference is his teams regressed. They've blown games this year they shouldn't have lost. The team just isn't that good. He has no QB, no secondary, no O-Line, his top players have been called out for dogging it. It's been a struggle in his second year. For everyone, not just him.

His coaching wasn't good last year. He had many clock problems, too conservative game plans where we came back in 4th quarters against 31st ranked defenses like the Giants win. Look at the QBs we beat last year. 

The real problem is Woody Johnson! Why hire a coach BEFORE you hire a GM? It makes zero sense. Just like hiring Idzik & keeping Rex. Everything Woody touches turns to sh*t. Get rid of Bowles & let Macc help choose a coach that matches his scouting acumen & figure out what kind of team you want.

Archived