Larz

### Jets \ Chiefs --- The Official Game Thread ###

Our recievers were not great today. too many balls bouncing out of their hands.

besides the fact they arent getting open

Bowles has no character.  He should have yanked fitz after the 3rd int and play geno for better or worse. 

Mainejet is right.  He sucks.  He looks like a lost mental patient 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Guess it could have prevented that pick 6

Not likely. There have been plenty of those thrown by the other option as well. It's easy to play defense when you know the other team has to throw. 

Whoever made up this schedule really hates the Jets.  Or Woody Johnson.  I'm not all that happy he owns this team, come to think of it.

Just now, HighPitch said:

Bowles has no character.  He should have yanked fitz after the 3rd int and play geno for better or worse. 

What's the point of doing that? Seriously. Stop it

• Thumb Down 2

If nothing else, the Jets should be getting some sort of "Thank You" gift basket from the Giants.  Nobody is going to remember a damn thing about their own mess of a game, which looked like a masterpiece in comparison to this sh*t show.

Look Bowles threw that and didn't tackle him

Bowles is the coach, this awful performance is on his shoulders...Outcoached and Outplayed

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

You take Forte out, but you don't take out your injured #1 WR?  I am seriously questioning the coaching prowess of Bowles.  

Brutal game for Fitz, brutal first half of the schedule. I don't like to see an important player like Enunwa returning kicks/Fitz mopping up when it's over, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Wish we had some kind of option at TE, but that doesn't really matter either. Not enough in this team to go far. At least they'll usually be watchable, unlike today.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You all need to stop looking at the money.  He's not a $12M quarterback but it's the going rate for a team in our position without a franchise quarterback and a lousy free agent market.

This is what you get with a 33 year old journeyman quarterback.  This loss is on Woody Johnson, Terry Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, and all the scouts who haven't found a decent QB in the draft in decades of trying.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing like he has historically, there are no surprises here.

SAR I

You keep saying this - we get it!  Just because we know he sucks doesn't mean we can't be upset about it.   Yes, we get it...we overpaid for a crappy QB..

I, for one, am just not happy about it and want to express that frustration.  You need to stop worrying about my feelings on our QB situation.

• Upvote 1

Fitz has made a career of following up good seasons with bad seasons. Looks like his streak will remain alive.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

None of those are happening. Not after taking Hack in the 2nd. Unless there is a whole new regime brought in. 

Well, im just looking for one light at the end of the tunnel 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Does it matter? 

Who are you? Hillary Clinton? 

Just now, hawk said:

You take Forte out, but you don't take out your injured #1 WR?  I am seriously questioning the coaching prowess of Bowles.  

Who said he's hurt?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

Looks to me like Fitz is pre-deciding where he's going to throw the ball regardless of whether the receiver is covered.  He hasn't checked down to a second or third option all day.  What's up with that?  Yes, he's not Bart Starr reincarnated, but he is and has been better than this.

No, he's not. He's not a smart quarterback. He's a dumb quarterback who went to Harvard and aced the wonderlic.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Are you ******* kidding me, another series?  How about showing you won't accept this type of play.  Bench his ass. 

Honestly, he's made it so bad, that you don't want to throw another QB in there because you might get him injured.  At this point you let the wood burning in the fire it created.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Why is Bowles putting Fitz out on the field? 

Punishment. :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Looks to me like Fitz is pre-deciding where he's going to throw the ball regardless of whether the receiver is covered.  He hasn't checked down to a second or third option all day.  What's up with that?  Yes, he's not Bart Starr reincarnated, but he is and has been better than this.

yup.  the bengals confused him, he looked uncomfortable and tight.  the bills did exactly what he was expecting, he looked comfortable and confident.  the chiefs were all over every route, every formation, and he couldn't deal with it, he just threw it anyway

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Maybe... But you know that's not the reason MaineJet doesn't like him.