On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?

Maxman

On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Todd Bowles name...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's going to be Fitz because he give us the best chance to blah blah ******* blah

Yup. And I doubt he delivers a win. He will have decent stats, but the Jets will lose in two ways. 1 - In the standings and 2 - The coaches won't have this game to evaluate Petty, although I am not sure I want THIS staff evaluating ANYONE. 

It will be Fitz. Woody knows we have zero chance to win with Petty and is already pissed he lost his primetime game due to the poor level of play on the field. Since Fitz is what Bowles wants anyways he will gladly comply and we will lose the game by 3 td's. 

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's going to be Fitz because he give us the best chance to blah blah ******* blah

I'm hopeful we're past this point now.  Lets say that's true.  The expectation would have to be that we go 9-7 and at least one of the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos, could only win 1 more game this season (2 if tiebreakers go our way), and then we'd also need to pass the Dolphins and Bills, the two out of the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens, and two of Texans, Titans, and Colts.  We'd also have to pass the Chargers.

At this point, even if we win out, I'm not even sure what the path to the playoffs would look like.

It's time to play Petty.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm hopeful we're past this point now.  Lets say that's true.  The expectation would have to be that we go 9-7 and at least one of the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos, could only win 1 more game this season (2 if tiebreakers go our way), and then we'd also need to pass the Dolphins and Bills, the two out of the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens, and two of Texans, Titans, and Colts.  We'd also have to pass the Chargers.

At this point, even if we win out, I'm not even sure what the path to the playoffs would look like.

It's time to play Petty.

If Bowles plays Fitz he should be fired.

Forget 'best chance to win'.

Forget the theories that Bryce isn't in their future plans (and Fitz is?)

Nothing to be gained by trotting out a 12 year vet who's in the midst of one of this worst seasons. Bowles needs to see this. Woody needs to see this. It's time to start looking towards 2017

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

If Bowles plays Fitz he should be fired.

Forget 'best chance to win'.

Forget the theories that Bryce isn't in their future plans (and Fitz is?)

Nothing to be gained by trotting out a 12 year vet who's in the midst of one of this worst seasons. Bowles needs to see this. Woody needs to see this. It's time to start looking towards 2017

I searched online, but I cannot find any playoff generator (beginning this week) to see if it's even possible for the Jets to be in if they win out, which, they won't.  As you say, time to start looking towards 2017.

29 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's time to play Petty.

Well, clearly we're not.  What's the point of waiting till Monday if we're past this point?

I'm guessing it will be Fitz, even though I really don't want it to be.

For all of those convinced that doing so would get him fired, you have to remember that it won't come down to our own personal point of views, but rather Woody's.  Don't doubt for a moment the very real possibility that part of Bowles' motivation could be going with the decision that would most please his boss about the $12M that was spent.

A midseason firing isn't happening and whether fans like it or not, something as simple as a late season rally will be more than enough to secure Bowles' job for another year.

There's simply too much media/fan pressure to start Petty....And we know Woody cares about the media first and team success second..

(That's not to say starting Petty isn't the right choice - but simply that the media pressure is on to start Petty, so Woody will make sure they do.)

I voted Fitz mainly because I think Bowles is an idiot this season.  He supported Fitz as the starter, when he wasn't even on the team.   

I really hope it's Petty because I would love to see him play more, and at least be able to determine if he has a future here.  We know with Fitz, and he won't be here next year (or any other team at this pace) so might as well get a look at Petty.  Doesn't matter who we start, we're not beating Brady, so go with the youngster.  

1 minute ago, jetfan39 said:

the person that gives us the best chance to win is petty.  maybe not the game against the pats, but to win the off season because we will have a better idea of what we have in petty.

Agree we have no choice but to audition Petty for 2 more games and then Hack for the final 3 so we know where we stand at the QB position going into the offseason we might not a have an NFL worthy QB on the roster. 

26 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Is it any consolation that after we lose this week, we'll be officially eliminated (presumably), and then he *has* to start Petty, right?

So we'd still get 5 more games of Petty...

Due to the AFCW I personally think we are already eliminated.  I can't see any of those 3 teams in the west losing 5 of 7 games left.  I can't see any reason Bowles can't just admit that like the Browns have already.  Play for the future and just freaking admit it already.

Bowles will name Fitz as it should be Petty for the rest of the season. So I chose Fitz due to Bowles logic. They want this win against the Pats and in their mind it's Fitz who will give them the best chance. We know it should be Petty to see what this kid can do under the pressure of a prime time game against the Pats. 

Archived