C Mart

Shefter: David Harris to Pats

5 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Good for you Harris. You deserved better from the Jets

Harris is a two down ILB no way he was worth $7million in base salary

hey !.. any of u guys remember victor green ?

in 2002 we let him go  :cry:..  he signed with the pats. his first trip back.. he intercepted a vinny t. pass &  returned it 90 yds for a touchdown    :( 

4 minutes ago, kelly said:

hey !.. any of u guys remember victor green ?

in 2002 we let him go  :cry:..  he signed with the pats. his first trip back.. he intercepted a vinny t. pass &  returned it 90 yds for a touchdown    :( 

Harris getting a pick 6 off Hack would be HILARIOUS 

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

No he didn't and hopefully when we meet the Patriots this year, one of our youngsters will show our fan base why it was necessary to part ways with this player . I wish nothing but the best for David Harris, as a person, but on the football field, he's the opposition and subject to treatment deserving of such .

When you're in command,  you command, and sometimes decisions are made that need to be made even if not always comfortable .

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  

The #Patriots gave ex-#Jets LB David Harris a 2-year deal worth $5M base value, source said, with $1.25M guaranteed. Up to $6.75M total.

This should put much of the whining among fans to a rest.  Harris agreed to a 2-year contract that is worth less than he was due to be paid for just this year with the Jets, even if he plays out the entire deal and hits all of the incentives (two things that are far from guaranteed for any contracts the Pats give out).  That's an admission from Harris himself that he wasn't worth the money he was due on his Jets contract.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  

The #Patriots gave ex-#Jets LB David Harris a 2-year deal worth $5M base value, source said, with $1.25M guaranteed. Up to $6.75M total.

Wait. Someone please tell me our offer was north of that. If so, Harris is a bum. If not, we sucks so bad. So so bad.

27 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No he didn't and hopefully when we meet the Patriots this year, one of our youngsters will show our fan base why it was necessary to part ways with this player . I wish nothing but the best for David Harris, as a person, but on the football field, he's the opposition and subject to treatment deserving of such .

When you're in command,  you command, and sometimes decisions are made that need to be made even if not always comfortable .

Got news for you. Patriots are going to win the AFCEast this year again. It won't even be close. Barring injury, they're probably going to win the Super Bowl again as well. Harris was nothing but a stand up guy and a great player. I hope he  gets a ring

58 minutes ago, isired said:
3 hours ago, JiF said:
They're winning the Super Bowl.  100% guaranteed. 

If Brady goes down?

Jimmy G will do what Tom did when Bledsoe went down. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

But he wouldnt restructure with us?  I guess this is the pay cut you take when you know the super bowl is all but guaranteed. 

Or....

Patriots offered David Harris more than the Jets did

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2017, 10:41 AM EDT
185420255-e1498056084101.jpg?w=225Getty Images

The specific details of the contract to be signed by linebacker David Harris with the Patriots inevitably will come out. For now, they’re not.

But here’s what we know, per a source with knowledge of the situation: The Patriots offered Harris more than the Jets did on a reduced deal, before the Jets cut him.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick was one of six coaches who spoke with Harris last week. Ultimately, he chose to visit the Patriots today. And he signed with them today. The contract already has been negotiated; this was simply a matter of confirming that Harris and the Patriots are a fit.

And they are. He’ll be their first true middle linebacker since Jerod Mayo, and he decided that he was only going to continue his career if he had a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Harris, we’re told, doesn’t need the money. He’s playing at this point for love of game and legacy. He’ll have a chance to add to it with the Patriots, and he’ll have two shots at the Jets along the way.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Or....

Patriots offered David Harris more than the Jets did

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2017, 10:41 AM EDT
185420255-e1498056084101.jpg?w=225Getty Images

The specific details of the contract to be signed by linebacker David Harris with the Patriots inevitably will come out. For now, they’re not.

But here’s what we know, per a source with knowledge of the situation: The Patriots offered Harris more than the Jets did on a reduced deal, before the Jets cut him.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick was one of six coaches who spoke with Harris last week. Ultimately, he chose to visit the Patriots today. And he signed with them today. The contract already has been negotiated; this was simply a matter of confirming that Harris and the Patriots are a fit.

And they are. He’ll be their first true middle linebacker since Jerod Mayo, and he decided that he was only going to continue his career if he had a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Harris, we’re told, doesn’t need the money. He’s playing at this point for love of game and legacy. He’ll have a chance to add to it with the Patriots, and he’ll have two shots at the Jets along the way.

I believe he got 2.5 million + some incentives

who knows what the Jets were going to cut him down to from 6.5 million

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't think you said what you meant.

I did. I do love your avatar though. One of the best christmas movies ever. 

22 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I did. I do love your avatar though. One of the best christmas movies ever. 

Nah, you didn't. 

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Good riddance you soft-spoken quitter. 

Every defense you led into the playoffs blew it in a big spot. The blood of Pittsburgh is on your hands. 

Teach New England how to no-show, it's your specialty. 

SAR I

Jimmy G will do what Tom did when Bledsoe went down. 
Jimmy G had his 'Brady/Bledsoe' moment last year, and not a single Pats fan was wishing Brady would stay gone.

It's really silly to argue 'the Pats wanted him and he wanted the Pats, why couldn't the Jets want him and he want the Jets?!?' 'Get young - get cheap - plan for the future' does not and should not make the same personnel decisions as 'play for now - short window - experience trumps potential'

Macs masterplan.....Haris rats out brady, who just retires to avoid the bullsh*t, paves way for the Derek carr led jets dynasty