JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, celtasnake said:

Oklahoma QB and top draft prospect bakermayfield is the subject of a new docu-series after cameras followed him for 3 months. And it’s gonna be epic:

Shot over three months, the 8-episode series will premiere in April 2018 on a date and time to be announced. Trailer: www.BehindBaker.com

http://behindbaker.com/press-release.php

Behind Baker (2018)
Baker Mayfield, top NFL quarterback prospect, has skyrocketed to stardom. He has drawn comparisons to perennial Pro-Bowlers like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees with his play, but Baker’s antics on and off the field have left questions about his maturity. A team of industry experts dig deep into the psyche of the quarterback beloved by his teammates and coaches in his journey to the NEXT LEVEL. Granted unprecedented access, viewers will witness all there is to see behind Baker Mayfield. The series explains the root of Baker's passion for the game, his drive to win and the razor edge he rides that has led to controversy. Over the course of the series, we learn about the man who is Baker Mayfield and how he has grown from his experiences and how those experiences prepared him to take on the NFL as a leader and champion.

Episodes with never-before-seen access will premiere in April 2018. The series will be released in the weeks surrounding the pivotal moments of the NFL Draft on April 26. “Behind Baker” catalogs Baker's mental prep and his journey to the NFL Combine, his pro days and the media frenzy surrounding his heavily debated arrogance. Baker reveals his mental drive, expectations, and who is he is in his own voice; including what he has to offer scouts, critics, NFL owners, brands, fans and foes.

ehh..   do not like.

acting like a star before you've done anything is not the way to ingratiate yourself to a new locker room.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Worst smokescreen is the giants want barkley.  They're taking Rosen unless the bills get so desperate they throw so much at the giants they simply can't say no.  

Odds are the jets are choosing between mayfield and allen.  

Agreed !!!

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Who is to say NYG don’t like Allen there. I still think they go non-QB. But who knows. 

I don't see the giants going non-qb.  The eagles just won the super bowl and the cowboys seem primed for another playoff run.  The redskins can contend with Alex smith.  The giants seem more likely to have another top 10 pick than finish 10-6.  The team is on the cusp of a full rebuild and last season was not a fluke.  Recent top draft picks have sucked, from flowers to apple to Pugh, and now obj wants more money than half the starting qbs in the nfl.  

Gettleman is an old school gm who is a giants guy who will focus on qb and trenches.  He's already beefed up the o line.  If he brings in Rosen and then in 2 years they're back in the mix to win the division he will have done his job.  

33 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I was wondering if CLE would trade back to #3 and then have back to back picks, but doubt that would happen without knowing what the then wildcard NYG would do.

I'm hoping that the reason Macc traded up to #3 is because there are any of 3 QB's that Macc felt worthy of the pick (while he may have a personal favorite if given a choice, he feels comfortable drafting any of them is what I mean).

Except he felt Wentz was unworthy of an extra mid-late 3rd rounder thrown in, and that Hackenberg was worthy of a mid-2nd rounder.

What you (and I and everyone) hope is that we get lucky -- namely that this isn't just a 1 or 2 QB draft up top where we just traded a trio of 2nd rounders to get the 1st bad one.

We're not at that point right now, of course, but I am rooting for good luck because we still need it. There are 4 top QB prospects, not 4 flawless/generational QB prospects.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree unless of course Cleveland takes Darnold and the Giants take Barkley.................Rosen,Mayfield,Allen available. 

Supposedly the Browns have reached out to both Mccloughan and Parcells with advice on selecting a QB.  If they were to listen to Parcells,  Darnold and Rosen won't be the pick.  Imagine a draft that starts with Mayfield number 1, and Barkley at 2.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Cousins’ thing could have stretched out his free agency, screwing over both the Jets and Vikings in the process. 

Sure, but this still reaks of diva bullsh*t from a kid who hasn’t played a single snap in the NFL, is just a shade over 6’0 215, has maturity concerns both on and off the field, and hails from an offense consisting of 90% smoke screens and short slants within 8 yards of the LoS.

I won’t be super pissed if we end up with Mayfield, I’ve been saying for months that unless we land Cousins, just get me one of the Top 4 QB’s in the draft and I’ll be content. That’s sure to happen at this point. But I’m not sure why so many totally overlook Mayfield’s shortcomings but want absolutely nothing to do with Allen who has far and away the greatest upside of any of these kids.

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I think it’s Rosen or Allen .  I have heard Allen has really grown on teams over past few months . Some view him the 2nd best QB  in the draft after Darnold.

When a guy rises as a result of the Combine my general wish is that we run from him.  The name of the game is game tape.

Here are my thoughts on 'the big move'.

- The cost was not cheap, not prohibitive but not cheap.

- This move at this time tells me that the Jets felt they had to be proactive and get it now before teams like the Bills and others made their moves.

- This tells me that the Jets have three QBs they like enough in this draft that the move up now made sense.  Or they have two QBs they like and they like Barkley enough as a fall back plan.

- This has clearly shown the price for a 5 win season to make bowles look good.  The cost of meaningless wins in a blah season is three 2nd round picks.

- For me this move all comes down to what Cleve and NYG do ahead of us.  If we get Darold or Rosen out this the move was well worth it and we have our guy.  If however Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2 this move has the potential to be looked at as another fail by the Jets.  Allen I want no part of.  Many people love Mayfield and he has looked good leading up to the draft but I simply do not feel he is going to be a great pro.  Barkley would be a terrible pick as I view him as the most overrated player in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Sure, but this still reaks of diva bullsh*t from a kid who hasn’t played a single snap in the NFL, is just a shade over 6’0 215, has maturity concerns both on and off the field, and hails from an offense consisting of 90% smoke screens and short slants within 8 yards of the LoS.

I won’t be super pissed if we end up with Mayfield, I’ve been saying for months that unless we land Cousins, just get me one of the Top 4 QB’s in the draft and I’ll be content. That’s sure to happen at this point. But I’m not sure why so many totally overlook Mayfield’s shortcomings but want absolutely nothing to do with Allen who has far and away the greatest upside of any of these kids.

I think it’s because there are a bunch of examples of players overcoming Mayfield’s shortcoming and exceedingly few examples of anyone overcoming Allen’s.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Here are my thoughts on 'the big move'.

- The cost was not cheap, not prohibitive but not cheap.

- This move at this time tells me that the Jets felt they had to be proactive and get it now before teams like the Bills and others made their moves.

- This tells me that the Jets have three QBs they like enough in this draft that the move up now made sense.  Or they have two QBs they like and they like Barkley enough as a fall back plan.

- This has clearly shown the price for a 5 win season to make bowles look good.  The cost of meaningless wins in a blah season is three 2nd round picks.

- For me this move all comes down to what Cleve and NYG do ahead of us.  If we get Darold or Rosen out this the move was well worth it and we have our guy.  If however Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2 this move has the potential to be looked at as another fail by the Jets.  Allen I want no part of.  Many people love Mayfield and he has looked good leading up to the draft but I simply do not feel he is going to be a great pro.  Barkley would be a terrible pick as I view him as the most overrated player in the draft.

Whoop de ******* do.

The burning question for me is what if 

Browns take Allen and Giants take Barkley?

Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield? Someone should start a poll.

this also leads to my issue if one of those three guy end up there at 6 and turn out the best of the crop but that's another scary story for another day I guess.

21 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I was wondering if CLE would trade back to #3 and then have back to back picks, but doubt that would happen without knowing what the then wildcard NYG would do.

I'm hoping that the reason Macc traded up to #3 is because there are any of 3 QB's that Macc felt worthy of the pick (while he may have a personal favorite if given a choice, he feels comfortable drafting any of them is what I mean).

It'd be a gamble, but first off they'd have to know who the Jets would take at #1. Then among the next 2 on their board, it depends how much separation they have between the two. 

It's a given that it'd be a QB, but which one is up in the air. If Cleveland truly likes Allen as their top guy, then dropping to #3 nets them the QB they want plus the (alleged) top overall player in Barkley. But it doesn't end there; they'd also get the Jets' #1 pick next year and more. 

They've accumulated enough picks these past years. They can't again downgrade - potentially a significant downgrade - at QB to get another 1st rounder that they won't spend on a QB, that's furthermore at an unknown draft slot because it's a 2019 pick.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

It's way more than Hackenberg syndrome, the vast majority of college QB's with completion % under 60% don't work out in the NFL. I think Carson Palmer might be the only one in the last 20 years and he topped 60% in his senior year and was around 60% for career (but slightly under)

Allen is at 56% for comparison

I believe very strongly that he will not work out for that reason.  Of course there are exceptions (I think Farvre was another one) but this is a pretty reliable rule. 

1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

That's fair, but I wonder if all of these still apply. Top-level QB prospects who enter the draft with 30 starts are becoming rarer, and those who graduate are going the way of the dodo.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

The burning question for me is what if 

Browns take Allen and Giants take Barkley?

Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield? Someone should start a poll.

this also leads to my issue if one of those three guy end up there at 6 and turn out the best of the crop but that's another scary story for another day I guess.

I would be super super super happy with darnod or rosen.  I would go ballistic if we passes on those two for mayfield.  I would be enraged.

I also think Allen is all smoke screen material, he is not going before the top two

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree.  The johnsons didn't sign off on this trade for their new qb to not play all year while other teams have rookie qbs making headlines.  Their patience is over, both with drafting a qb and with the development process.  Bowles can't be happy with this at all - not only is the defense mostly set at this point, but now he'll have immense pressure to play the rookie qb while the team is even more competitive than last year.

actually if I was bowles I'd say ok, if you want me to play the rookie then get me the pieces I need on defense so we can take the pressure off of him ala Johnson and Clairborne. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

no kidding there.  I am deathly afraid that Allen will be the pick. Some NFL GMs can't get over his incredible arm strength and are gushing over him even though he can't complet a 10 yard out almost 50% of the time.  I'm just praying that either the Browns or Giants takes Barkley or any non QB in the first 2 picks.  

Sort of the opposite of Mayfield, who is not tall and doesn't have that kind of arm, but completed more like 70% and will be very good on the short touch stuff.  I'd much rather have Mayfield.  Parcells said something like potential just means you haven't done it yet.

Archived