Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Watch the video, much lighter green on the hat. That’s the color boys now we know 

That's what I originally thought.  It's a New Era cap that came out last season.  The Jets didn't hint /slip. Haha 

Knowing that the team was heavy in cap space and likely to make a big splash in free agency in 2019, why wouldn't the team get together with the marketing folks, the league, or whoever the decision makers are on such things and coordinate to reveal their new jerseys BEFORE the free agency period so they could have their shiny new players pose at their press conferences with the new jerseys?  Just saying. 

Or am I being ignorant about this and there's a specific reason for the timing of the jerseys being revealed on 4/4?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

45 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Knowing that the team was heavy in cap space and likely to make a big splash in free agency in 2019, why wouldn't the team get together with the marketing folks, the league, or whoever the decision makers are on such things and coordinate to reveal their new jerseys BEFORE the free agency period so they could have their shiny new players pose at their press conferences with the new jerseys?  Just saying. 

Or am I being ignorant about this and there's a specific reason for the timing of the jerseys being revealed on 4/4?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

I agree with you. If the new jerseys were out now, Bell jerseys would be flying off the shelf. I actually want a Mosley jersey.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s last year’s sideline hat. I feel like the jets are trying to use our logo as little as possible during this period.

You would think they would've given him the current logo hat though I think that sideline hat actually looks better.  Even Osemele got the same hat.  Agree with everyone here that introducing Bell with the new logo / cap would have been a genius  tease.  

38 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

They want the big “splash” to happen at the draft.

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Did you guys hear that the Jets last push to sign Bell was showing him our new uniforms? Once he saw the black or gray or orange/blue alternates he signed with us for less than what he was looking for. 

Haha no. BUT

I like that last grey one, but damn where is the leak

21 hours ago, k-met57 said:

that isn't the point....haven't we suffered enough? do we have to have a crappy uniform to add to our inept FO and ownership?

This is the problem we're going to face. No matter what they look like, no matter how good they might look, they'll be someone screaming how crappy they are and that we've suffered enough.  

Guaranteed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

You would think they would've given him the current logo hat though I think that sideline hat actually looks better.  Even Osemele got the same hat.  Agree with everyone here that introducing Bell with the new logo / cap would have been a genius  tease.  

No it would have taken away from the actual reveal just to make you happy.  Lol

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me about the Jets’ new jerseys. I never knew these things mattered that much? Well, I finally have something for you. From talking to a couple of people who have seen them, I can say this is a complete redesign, not a tweak. The colors are new. The logo is new. The design is new. The primary jersey is kelly green, with numbers that “kinda look like Oregon’s.” There’s also a primarily-black alternate jersey. “They’re sick,” one person told me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Because they are the Jets and when have they done something right?  

8 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Because they are the Jets and when have they done something right?  

You mean when was the last time some fans didn't question anything they do? 

Cant believe people are now whining about the release date of the uniform.  Too funny.  FA, draft, hey why didn't they release them for Christmas?  LOL

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me about the Jets’ new jerseys. I never knew these things mattered that much? Well, I finally have something for you. From talking to a couple of people who have seen them, I can say this is a complete redesign, not a tweak. The colors are new. The logo is new. The design is new. The primary jersey is kelly green, with numbers that “kinda look like Oregon’s.” There’s also a primarily-black alternate jersey. “They’re sick,” one person told me.

IMG_8865.JPGIMG_8866.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is the problem we're going to face. No matter what they look like, no matter how good they might look, they'll be someone screaming how crappy they are and that we've suffered enough.  

Guaranteed. 

Thankfully, we’ll also have you here to harangue us about how the uniforms are great, the Jets are great, and the only problem facing a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in nearly a decade is fan negativity.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Thankfully, we’ll also have you here to harangue us about how the uniforms are great, the Jets are great, and the only problem facing a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in nearly a decade is fan negativity.

Same old Jet fans complaining about a mere decade long rebuild. Pfft!  Rome wasn’t built in a pal. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean when was the last time some fans didn't question anything they do? 

Cant believe people are now whining about the release date of the uniform.  Too funny.  FA, draft, hey why didn't they release them for Christmas?  LOL

Questioning the release date is valid and fair when the team keeps parading their new FA's in old merchandise which quite frankly is idiotic and a complete fail of their marketing department, ownership, or whatever other idiot in the organization decided this.  Sorry.  True story. 

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Aw, too optimistic for the miserable contingent.  Have to come here to whine, cry, bitch & moan.  So easy to do what you do, to just complain.  No football talk, no changes to make.  Complain and then knee slap after insulting the team, players, etc.

Good for you.  We balance each other out.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Aw, too optimistic for the miserable contingent.  Have to come here to whine, cry, bitch & moan.  So easy to do what you do, to just complain.  No football talk, no changes to make.  Complain and then knee slap after insulting the team, players, etc.

Good for you.  We balance each other out.  

My knees have permanent damage from all the slapping, don’t joke about that

46 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Questioning the release date is valid and fair when the team keeps parading their new FA's in old merchandise which quite frankly is idiotic and a complete fail of their marketing department, ownership, or whatever other idiot in the organization decided this.  Sorry.  True story. 

No it's not, the dates were given a year ago.  Pick a date, any date given a year ago and I'll come up with a reason they should have done the release on an earlier date.  As I said, would have sold a ton at Christmas. 

Now which player have the Jets paraded in old merchandise?  Who's been pictured in a jersey?  You know that is a marketing fail.  Because marketing 101 says you'll make less money on April 4th than on March 12th?  LOL, admit it, we all just want to see the uniforms and don't want to wait.  Not one person crying gives a damn about marketing.

31 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Where are they parading anyone?

They've done what they've always done....you get to see a few pictures of the FA acquisition sitting in an office signing his contract in a Jets hat.  They have always done that.

On the rare occasion they hold a press conference with the player to introduce him, the player is always in a suit and tie.

Look at the AB press conference with Raiders....was he in a Raiders jersey?  Nope....

My god...you people bitch about EVERYTHING.

• Upvote 2