Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My god...you people bitch about EVERYTHING.

They even bitch about people who don't bitch enough. Lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Image result for New Jets Uniforms

It looks like this concept is closest to what we're getting. With people saying it's similar to Philly and numbers to Oregon. Not sure if I'm happy though...

I actually rally like the uniform as well.  The numbers are still "Ehh to me", but It doesn't break ti for me.  The only thing thats missing is some of that bright green in the design that we are apparently getting,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Image result for New Jets Uniforms

It looks like this concept is closest to what we're getting. With people saying it's similar to Philly and numbers to Oregon. Not sure if I'm happy though...

They have grown on me.  They are sleek and different.  I would think the green would be lighter though.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They have grown on me.  They are sleek and different.  I would think the green would be lighter though.

If these are the ones, they could be an early mock up.  So not the final colors.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

 

jetsconcept.jpg

It's much better in the lighter green but I'm still not crazy about the helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it's not, the dates were given a year ago.  Pick a date, any date given a year ago and I'll come up with a reason they should have done the release on an earlier date.  As I said, would have sold a ton at Christmas. 

Now which player have the Jets paraded in old merchandise?  Who's been pictured in a jersey?  You know that is a marketing fail.  Because marketing 101 says you'll make less money on April 4th than on March 12th?  LOL, admit it, we all just want to see the uniforms and don't want to wait.  Not one person crying gives a damn about marketing.

Look, I could care less what date the uniforms will actually be released, but it just seems that it would have been a smarter idea to reveal the uniforms ANYTIME before free agency and then show off the new team swag on their newly signed FA's as opposed to a random date a month later.  If they had decided to reveal the uniforms at the draft, fantastic, but on a random day after FA starts and almost a month before the draft?  Silly IMO.      

Not trying to pick a fight here, just seriously curious about this.  Forgive me, it's a slow work day so far. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They have grown on me.  They are sleek and different.  I would think the green would be lighter though.

They're boring, but at least they'd be different and new.  

With that said, I think they've been thoroughly debunked as fakes/fan creations at this point.

We'll all know soon enough.  The reaction is going to be priceless, too bad I probably won't be around to enjoy it.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

I'm not all that impressed with the black added in...Black for blacks sake is almost always a mistake.  The helmet is what really bothers me about this.  That block style tail fin is AWFUL.  How do you sell a hat or shirt with that on it?  What does it say about the brand?  It doesn't look like it is even part of a Jet plane.  Furthermore...as I said somewhere way back in this thread...the "Jets" name is about more than an aircraft...it's a mistake to limit it's interpretation to an aircraft..."Jets" represents the big time, cosmopolitan city that New York is..."Jets" to me says....our lifestyle in new york is fast, it's big.  we go places...we're busy and we're better than you.  This is why, in this case, I think the sleek wordmark as a logo is a better choice....it can mean what you want it to.  You put a fighter jet or airplane on the logo and you might as well just join the arena league.

You are a NEW YORK team.  BE ABOUT IT!  The Giants have a simple color scheme, a simple uniform...it's gray pants and navy jersey, with the simple NY logo...isn't a gimmick....they look like they've been around a long time and that they know they are the big dogs....don't need a gimmick to portrary that.  The Jets are on the cusp of being the GOOD NFL team in NY....they ought to look like it.  It's New York, Not Dayton, Ohio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

Nice edit, good job!   

I'm fine with this.  The helmet will be a big debate for fans but I would rather see some form of a Jet than the words.  Oakland and Pittsburgh have their team name in their logo but its small.  The Jets are the only team that has to tell people that they are the Jets.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They're boring, but at least they'd be different and new.  

With that said, I think they've been thoroughly debunked as fakes/fan creations at this point.

We'll all know soon enough.  The reaction is going to be priceless, too bad I probably won't be around to enjoy it.  :(

Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not all that impressed with the black added in...Black for blacks sake is almost always a mistake.  The helmet is what really bothers me about this.  That block style tail fin is AWFUL.  How do you sell a hat or shirt with that on it?  What does it say about the brand?  It doesn't look like it is even part of a Jet plane.  Furthermore...as I said somewhere way back in this thread...the "Jets" name is about more than an aircraft...it's a mistake to limit it's interpretation to an aircraft..."Jets" represents the big time, cosmopolitan city that New York is..."Jets" to me says....our lifestyle in new york is fast, it's big.  we go places...we're busy and we're better than you.  This is why, in this case, I think the sleek wordmark as a logo is a better choice....it can mean what you want it to.  You put a fighter jet or airplane on the logo and you might as well just join the arena league.

You are a NEW YORK team.  BE ABOUT IT!  The Giants have a simple color scheme, a simple uniform...it's gray pants and navy jersey, with the simple NY logo...isn't a gimmick....they look like they've been around a long time and that they know they are the big dogs....don't need a gimmick to portrary that.  The Jets are on the cusp of being the GOOD NFL team in NY....they ought to look like it.  It's New York, Not Dayton, Ohio.

Other than the futility of our team from the past several decades, the name Jets has never been associated with the NY lifestyle.  If they want to try and market it that way now then they can try but the Jets, other than the old logo with the airplane, has always just been a name.  I never really associated them with jet fighters at all and that is marketing fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

My sticking point with these uniforms is the non-solid numbers.  I just don't like that look.  That being said, I would take this simple uniform over the way too busy and multi colored atrocities of the Bucs and Titans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

I dig this a lot actually, thanks!

I honestly feel that if they replaced the wonky black incorporation into that edit with just white, then it would be a great uni.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Look, I could care less what date the uniforms will actually be released, but it just seems that it would have been a smarter idea to reveal the uniforms ANYTIME before free agency and then show off the new team swag on their newly signed FA's as opposed to a random date a month later.  If they had decided to reveal the uniforms at the draft, fantastic, but on a random day after FA starts and almost a month before the draft?  Silly IMO.      

Not trying to pick a fight here, just seriously curious about this.  Forgive me, it's a slow work day so far. :grin:

No, it doesn't. 

You can use the new uni and the fact that no one has seen it as a recruiting tool. You're in on a secret. 

Plus, you don't want the publicity of the reveal stepped on by free agents signing. 

People will have plenty of time to buy new Bell jerseys. Plus, now you have a window where people can buy a Bell jersey with the current design and then buy a new one a month from now. More sales. 

That, my friend, is how marketing works. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's much better in the lighter green but I'm still not crazy about the helmet.

Agree. Other than the helmet logo, that uniform isn't bad at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I dig this a lot actually, thanks!

I honestly feel that if they replaced the wonky black incorporation into that edit with just white, then it would be a great uni.

I'm with you. Changing the black to white and sticking with the two-color scheme would make these great. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

My sticking point with these uniforms is the non-solid numbers.  I just don't like that look.  That being said, I would take this simple uniform over the way too busy and multi colored atrocities of the Bucs and Titans. 

@y2k8 Can you try changing the black to white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

Swap the colors on the helmet and it would end the Philly comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:

On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! :D

On March 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM, Gas2No99 said:

PAGE 

IMG_9296.thumb.JPG.1fef32577592bf001b6d03ae65ef50fe.JPG

 

AND WE FINALLY HAVE A RELEASE DATE of APRIL 4th, 2019!!!!!!!!!

Let the ANTICIPATORY OPINIONS of HOW the Jets will screw up the UNVEILING BEGIN!!!!!!!

:D

 

 

I had to plug & shout out my block for the page #. LOL

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:
On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! 
 

191 on the app!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

People will have plenty of time to buy new Bell jerseys. Plus, now you have a window where people can buy a Bell jersey with the current design and then buy a new one a month from now. More sales. 

That, my friend, is how marketing works. 

Nope.  The Jets announced that they were getting new uniforms before the beginning of the 2018 season which to me was a colossal mistake.  I suspect that more people than not who were thinking of buying jerseys for the 2018 season would logically wait to get the new jerseys the following year, or at least wait until right before the new jerseys come out to scoop up the heavily discounted old jerseys which would seemingly depress sales and decrease profits during that time period, not increase them. As we speak - all NY Jets jerseys are on sale on the NFL official site and no, there are no Le'veon Bell jerseys or any newly signed FA's to be had.  How's that good marketing?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Would help if that was the actual topic

Sorry Mr. Moderator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

The lighter green really does make this concept look a LOT better.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Nope.  The Jets announced that they were getting new uniforms before the beginning of the 2018 season which to me was a colossal mistake.  I suspect that more people than not who were thinking of buying jerseys for the 2018 season would logically wait to get the new jerseys the following year, or at least wait until right before the new jerseys come out to scoop up the heavily discounted old jerseys which would seemingly depress sales and decrease profits during that time period, not increase them. As we speak - all NY Jets jerseys are on sale on the NFL official site and no, there are no Le'veon Bell jerseys or any newly signed FA's to be had.  How's that good marketing?

+1 Have to agree.

Seeing the Leaks and dreading the Jets never doing things correctly, I purchased 2 Darnolds (home & away) for posterity sake and they were 50% Off!!! The Home was originally $150 and the Away was originally $100 - got them BOTH for $125 from Modells. 

I have NO intention of purchasing more Jets apparel let alone "Louder" patterns/designs intended to attract A.D.D. millennials for their Instagram selfies.  I'll most likely be gifted the new gear by Clients and other "Chupa-Medias" trying to get on my good side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:

On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! :D

 

Interestingly, the street sign is the same color scheme as the uniform and specifically helmet- white on green. It just says NY 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xtina said:

Interestingly, the street sign is the same color scheme as the uniform and specifically helmet- white on green. It just says NY 

You're ON TO ME!!!!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

These are for sh*t.

Agreed !.. they're pretty awful 🤨🤨

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1 Have to agree.

Seeing the Leaks and dreading the Jets never doing things correctly, I purchased 2 Darnolds (home & away) for posterity sake and they were 50% Off!!! The Home was originally $150 and the Away was originally $100 - got them BOTH for $125 from Modells. 

I have NO intention of purchasing more Jets apparel let alone "Louder" patterns/designs intended to attract A.D.D. millennials for their Instagram selfies.  I'll most likely be gifted the new gear by Clients and other "Chupa-Medias" trying to get on my good side. 

Can't we all just get along?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...