Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Image result for New Jets Uniforms

It looks like this concept is closest to what we're getting. With people saying it's similar to Philly and numbers to Oregon. Not sure if I'm happy though...

I actually rally like the uniform as well.  The numbers are still "Ehh to me", but It doesn't break ti for me.  The only thing thats missing is some of that bright green in the design that we are apparently getting,

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Image result for New Jets Uniforms

It looks like this concept is closest to what we're getting. With people saying it's similar to Philly and numbers to Oregon. Not sure if I'm happy though...

They have grown on me.  They are sleek and different.  I would think the green would be lighter though.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it's not, the dates were given a year ago.  Pick a date, any date given a year ago and I'll come up with a reason they should have done the release on an earlier date.  As I said, would have sold a ton at Christmas. 

Now which player have the Jets paraded in old merchandise?  Who's been pictured in a jersey?  You know that is a marketing fail.  Because marketing 101 says you'll make less money on April 4th than on March 12th?  LOL, admit it, we all just want to see the uniforms and don't want to wait.  Not one person crying gives a damn about marketing.

Look, I could care less what date the uniforms will actually be released, but it just seems that it would have been a smarter idea to reveal the uniforms ANYTIME before free agency and then show off the new team swag on their newly signed FA's as opposed to a random date a month later.  If they had decided to reveal the uniforms at the draft, fantastic, but on a random day after FA starts and almost a month before the draft?  Silly IMO.      

Not trying to pick a fight here, just seriously curious about this.  Forgive me, it's a slow work day so far. :grin:

36 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They have grown on me.  They are sleek and different.  I would think the green would be lighter though.

They're boring, but at least they'd be different and new.  

With that said, I think they've been thoroughly debunked as fakes/fan creations at this point.

We'll all know soon enough.  The reaction is going to be priceless, too bad I probably won't be around to enjoy it.  :(

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

I'm not all that impressed with the black added in...Black for blacks sake is almost always a mistake.  The helmet is what really bothers me about this.  That block style tail fin is AWFUL.  How do you sell a hat or shirt with that on it?  What does it say about the brand?  It doesn't look like it is even part of a Jet plane.  Furthermore...as I said somewhere way back in this thread...the "Jets" name is about more than an aircraft...it's a mistake to limit it's interpretation to an aircraft..."Jets" represents the big time, cosmopolitan city that New York is..."Jets" to me says....our lifestyle in new york is fast, it's big.  we go places...we're busy and we're better than you.  This is why, in this case, I think the sleek wordmark as a logo is a better choice....it can mean what you want it to.  You put a fighter jet or airplane on the logo and you might as well just join the arena league.

You are a NEW YORK team.  BE ABOUT IT!  The Giants have a simple color scheme, a simple uniform...it's gray pants and navy jersey, with the simple NY logo...isn't a gimmick....they look like they've been around a long time and that they know they are the big dogs....don't need a gimmick to portrary that.  The Jets are on the cusp of being the GOOD NFL team in NY....they ought to look like it.  It's New York, Not Dayton, Ohio.

17 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

jetsconcept (1).jpg

Nice edit, good job!   

I'm fine with this.  The helmet will be a big debate for fans but I would rather see some form of a Jet than the words.  Oakland and Pittsburgh have their team name in their logo but its small.  The Jets are the only team that has to tell people that they are the Jets.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They're boring, but at least they'd be different and new.  

With that said, I think they've been thoroughly debunked as fakes/fan creations at this point.

We'll all know soon enough.  The reaction is going to be priceless, too bad I probably won't be around to enjoy it.  :(

Why not?

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not all that impressed with the black added in...Black for blacks sake is almost always a mistake.  The helmet is what really bothers me about this.  That block style tail fin is AWFUL.  How do you sell a hat or shirt with that on it?  What does it say about the brand?  It doesn't look like it is even part of a Jet plane.  Furthermore...as I said somewhere way back in this thread...the "Jets" name is about more than an aircraft...it's a mistake to limit it's interpretation to an aircraft..."Jets" represents the big time, cosmopolitan city that New York is..."Jets" to me says....our lifestyle in new york is fast, it's big.  we go places...we're busy and we're better than you.  This is why, in this case, I think the sleek wordmark as a logo is a better choice....it can mean what you want it to.  You put a fighter jet or airplane on the logo and you might as well just join the arena league.

You are a NEW YORK team.  BE ABOUT IT!  The Giants have a simple color scheme, a simple uniform...it's gray pants and navy jersey, with the simple NY logo...isn't a gimmick....they look like they've been around a long time and that they know they are the big dogs....don't need a gimmick to portrary that.  The Jets are on the cusp of being the GOOD NFL team in NY....they ought to look like it.  It's New York, Not Dayton, Ohio.

Other than the futility of our team from the past several decades, the name Jets has never been associated with the NY lifestyle.  If they want to try and market it that way now then they can try but the Jets, other than the old logo with the airplane, has always just been a name.  I never really associated them with jet fighters at all and that is marketing fault.

18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

jetsconcept (1).jpg

My sticking point with these uniforms is the non-solid numbers.  I just don't like that look.  That being said, I would take this simple uniform over the way too busy and multi colored atrocities of the Bucs and Titans. 

26 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

jetsconcept (1).jpg

I dig this a lot actually, thanks!

I honestly feel that if they replaced the wonky black incorporation into that edit with just white, then it would be a great uni.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Look, I could care less what date the uniforms will actually be released, but it just seems that it would have been a smarter idea to reveal the uniforms ANYTIME before free agency and then show off the new team swag on their newly signed FA's as opposed to a random date a month later.  If they had decided to reveal the uniforms at the draft, fantastic, but on a random day after FA starts and almost a month before the draft?  Silly IMO.      

Not trying to pick a fight here, just seriously curious about this.  Forgive me, it's a slow work day so far. :grin:

No, it doesn't. 

You can use the new uni and the fact that no one has seen it as a recruiting tool. You're in on a secret. 

Plus, you don't want the publicity of the reveal stepped on by free agents signing. 

People will have plenty of time to buy new Bell jerseys. Plus, now you have a window where people can buy a Bell jersey with the current design and then buy a new one a month from now. More sales. 

That, my friend, is how marketing works. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I dig this a lot actually, thanks!

I honestly feel that if they replaced the wonky black incorporation into that edit with just white, then it would be a great uni.

I'm with you. Changing the black to white and sticking with the two-color scheme would make these great. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

My sticking point with these uniforms is the non-solid numbers.  I just don't like that look.  That being said, I would take this simple uniform over the way too busy and multi colored atrocities of the Bucs and Titans. 

@y2k8 Can you try changing the black to white?

I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:

On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! :D

On March 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM, Gas2No99 said:

PAGE 

IMG_9296.thumb.JPG.1fef32577592bf001b6d03ae65ef50fe.JPG

AND WE FINALLY HAVE A RELEASE DATE of APRIL 4th, 2019!!!!!!!!!

Let the ANTICIPATORY OPINIONS of HOW the Jets will screw up the UNVEILING BEGIN!!!!!!!

:D

I had to plug & shout out my block for the page #. LOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

People will have plenty of time to buy new Bell jerseys. Plus, now you have a window where people can buy a Bell jersey with the current design and then buy a new one a month from now. More sales. 

That, my friend, is how marketing works. 

Nope.  The Jets announced that they were getting new uniforms before the beginning of the 2018 season which to me was a colossal mistake.  I suspect that more people than not who were thinking of buying jerseys for the 2018 season would logically wait to get the new jerseys the following year, or at least wait until right before the new jerseys come out to scoop up the heavily discounted old jerseys which would seemingly depress sales and decrease profits during that time period, not increase them. As we speak - all NY Jets jerseys are on sale on the NFL official site and no, there are no Le'veon Bell jerseys or any newly signed FA's to be had.  How's that good marketing?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Nope.  The Jets announced that they were getting new uniforms before the beginning of the 2018 season which to me was a colossal mistake.  I suspect that more people than not who were thinking of buying jerseys for the 2018 season would logically wait to get the new jerseys the following year, or at least wait until right before the new jerseys come out to scoop up the heavily discounted old jerseys which would seemingly depress sales and decrease profits during that time period, not increase them. As we speak - all NY Jets jerseys are on sale on the NFL official site and no, there are no Le'veon Bell jerseys or any newly signed FA's to be had.  How's that good marketing?

+1 Have to agree.

Seeing the Leaks and dreading the Jets never doing things correctly, I purchased 2 Darnolds (home & away) for posterity sake and they were 50% Off!!! The Home was originally $150 and the Away was originally $100 - got them BOTH for $125 from Modells. 

I have NO intention of purchasing more Jets apparel let alone "Louder" patterns/designs intended to attract A.D.D. millennials for their Instagram selfies.  I'll most likely be gifted the new gear by Clients and other "Chupa-Medias" trying to get on my good side. 

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:

On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! :D

Interestingly, the street sign is the same color scheme as the uniform and specifically helmet- white on green. It just says NY 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1 Have to agree.

Seeing the Leaks and dreading the Jets never doing things correctly, I purchased 2 Darnolds (home & away) for posterity sake and they were 50% Off!!! The Home was originally $150 and the Away was originally $100 - got them BOTH for $125 from Modells. 

I have NO intention of purchasing more Jets apparel let alone "Louder" patterns/designs intended to attract A.D.D. millennials for their Instagram selfies.  I'll most likely be gifted the new gear by Clients and other "Chupa-Medias" trying to get on my good side. 

Can't we all just get along?