Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I would have loved a charcoal gray alternate. That would have met Christopher Johnson's boast of the unis being "bad ass."

There is a whole other side to that leaked pic so there is hope for some other color variation.

While I agree with some people's point that the quality of the pic isn't quite up to snuff for the Jets to be using as that final promotional material, that alone doesn't mean a whole lot.  This obviously hasn't been released as such, but that doesn't mean that the uniforms seen are complete fakes either.

So far, all of the reactions and responses would seem to suggest that these really came from Nike/the team, especially with Enunwa admitting to both being in the photo shoot and wearing that UA gear.  While there's still a possibility this may not be the final version, there's been little to suggest they're based on some random person pointlessly committing to making these up.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I like the look of black but isn't it hot as hell to wear on a sunny day?  Wouldn't want to wear it in Miami, although this year it probably wouldn't make a difference.

I am sure the Jets would wear the black alternates for primetime games. So shouldn't be an issue.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gibby said:

My biggest issue is the helmet. ( I actually hate the black too).  I would've liked it better with a white helmet and a green logo. This would've made the all white uniform ( when they wear them) look better. My opinion anyway.

Pretty sure there is no all white uniform anymore

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

While I agree with some people's point that the quality of the pic isn't quite up to snuff for the Jets to be using as that final promotional material, that alone doesn't mean a whole lot.  This obviously hasn't been released as such, but that doesn't mean that the uniforms seen are complete fakes either.

I wouldn't think it can be a good quality pic if someone took a rushed snapshot of a poster or screen with a bad camera.

25 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Someone with photoshop skills.. get on it please. Can someone invert the colors so we can see them please? Not that it matters- still.

What do you do for a living?

Would you please perform, without pay for someone or over something that doesnt really matter?  LOL

Kidding

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Well, the day is here everyone.  we made it.  For better or worse.

This thread turned into an absolute ****show the past week or so, but its been a ride for sure.

I'd still take this all over again over a QB debate.

Now whether good, bad or indifferent to the new design, lets start getting ready for the season and work to pile up those W's

Just the past week or so?  That's cute.

42 minutes ago, jetsons said:

what???  you can EASILY draw up a futuristic jet design that would last a century without it being "passe"

il_570xN.1180329686_osnx.jpg

1) Has a brother in the military.
2) Is serving in the armed forces.
3) Is a contractor for Boeing.
4) Is a New York Jets fan.

Pick any "jet airplane of the future" image you like, it winds up the same way.  It doesn't tell the world you're a Jets fan.  Worse, it's confusing. 

And we already have 50 years of successfully building a $3B dollar brand and a logo that is very understandable.  Says "Jets Football" to anyone who looks at it.  Especially now without the NY behind it.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

Jamal backtracked on his original comments and C.Johnson was reportedly upset about the leak.  I doubt the Jets would send out a fake leaked photo because they cant run the risk that people like them better than the ones thy reveal.   However, I do think they may actually like this leak because people will stop looking for the real ones and the reveal is totally a surprise as planned.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DLJ said:

So it’s confirmed those renderings are the actual uniforms or not?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Based on what the writers are saying, Boomer Esiason's reaction, the silence from the Jets, the reported fury of Christopher Johnson, and the backpeddling retraction from Jamal, yes.

Shouldn't surprise anyone.  The leaks happen on every uniform.  I'm sure some Modell's employee is minutes away from opening a UPS carton as we speak, should have a few of those before 7:30 too.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Reading this thread should tell you why is shouldnt ever be fan voted and never will be

IMO, it would make the most sense.  It would mean it's what the majority of the fan base wants.  Which means it would sell the most.  Instead of leaving it in the hands of a small group of people who may or may not have a good sense of style and design.