Josh Rosen the One Who Got Away?????

Charlie Brown

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Neither, just passing the time while watching the game.  I think Rosen will be nice but I am so happy we have Darnold!

I'm still pissed we took Kenny instead of Marino but in the Sam vs wise ass Rosen I was always Sam number 1..:win:

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Rosen almost picked, DB drops it, comes back with a gorgeous pass that's dropped by Christian Kirk.  Then gets sacked. It's like watching UCLA games all over again.  Cards backups not helping the kid out at all.

Jordan Lasley would drop at least 1 pass a game.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Didn't like Rosen for a number of reasons. His lack of mobility probably topping the list, compounded by the concussion concerns. Sam was doing everything you'd expect from Rosen on Friday night, getting the ball out quickly and accurately, but also making throws on the run that Rosen will never make. Jets got the right guy. 

+1 on this post... my biggest worry with Rosen in the draft was that he needed a clean pocket to be successful.  Darnold and Baker did not.  In the modern NFL, you rarely have a clean pocket, so that was a risk in my estimation.  You could see that last night with Rosen; when the pocket broke down, he was not accurate.  His highlight throw was from a clean pocket.

Now that doesn't mean he won't be successful.   Brady is similar, but he benefitted from quick release and decision making to avoid having to slide too much in the pocket.  That is Josh's ceiling... but not everyone can be Brady. 

Count me as happy we have Darnold, whose eyes are always downfield, and who can slide and move in the pocket really well.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who the hell was playing center for the Cardinals last night?

per their depth chart...I know their original starting Center Shipley tore his ACL early in TC and Cole ('18 3rd rounder out of UMich) was moved up to starter. I didn't see the game so I'm guessing it was Munyer ?

C  Mason Cole  &  Daniel Munyer

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who the hell was playing center for the Cardinals last night?

Their starting C was hurt.  I know Mason Cole  (3rd round pick out of MI) got the start.  Not sure whoe else might have gotten some reps.

Just now, C Mart said:

per their depth chart...I know their original starting Center Shipley tore his ACL early in TC and Cole ('18 3rd rounder out of UMich) was moved up to starter. I didn't see the game so I'm guessing it was Munyer ?

C  Mason Cole  &  Daniel Munyer

Boom

The Cardinals’ rookie quarterback put up poor numbers in a 24-17 win over the Chargers, but some of that was due to inconsistency around him. Center Daniel Munyer had trouble snapping the ball in shotgun formations and the other offensive linemen didn’t do much better in protection.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/josh-rosen-lacks-rhythm-in-cardinals-victory-over-chargers

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think Rosen is one or two more concussions from retirement.   It will be interesting to look back in 5 yrs and see who turned out best and who busted

Keep reading this.  But what did he have, one more concussion than Baker?  Who no one worries about.

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think everyone knows where I standed with Rosen, pre-draft. I was the biggest Rosen fan on this board and I still think he will be special. He’ll be absolutely surgical if given time....except that particular OL isn’t going to give him much time so let’s see what he can do.

Ultimately.. Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold all have a chance to be the top 3 QB’s in this class.. do not ask me the order because I have no idea.

But I do hope to god that Darnold turns out to be. Darnold is my favorite NFL player at this point and it’s just the day after the first preseason game.

agree on the nfl caliber qb's from the draft.  admittedly i know very little about either of these guys except for what's written in the edia.  rosen seems like a guy who has all of the tools and understands the game but also seems like a guy who can take it or leave it.  if he gets his head firmly in being the best qb mode he could be really special.

The collective crush this board has with Josh Rosen will always be an enigma to me.

He's a statue in an era that favors mobility at the QB spot. He's arrogant and polarizing. Has a spotty injury history that includes concussions. And he never won dick in college.

Yet ppl still gush over him like he's a lock for canton. Meanwhile most on this board dogged D Watson at every turn, dismissing his legitimate accomplishments in college (that rosen never sniffed), and look how that turned out.

Bottom line is we got one of the 2 best QBs to come out in the last 3 qb classes. Huge for the jets. Hopefully macc won't eff it up and will start investing in top shelf OL and skill players this offseason.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

He sounded kind of like Jesse "The Body" Ventura did back when he was calling wrestling matches. 

I wanted to mute the TV.

Thats what made me like him actually lol.

Jesse Ventura is one of the best wrestling commentators ever (if not the best)

I think Rosen ended up in a good situation - warm weather AZ.  I hope he does well and stays healthy because he'll be fun to watch.  But I'm not sold on his arm strength.  Originally I thought it was good enough but someone on here pointed out that Chad used to have an arm like Rosen.  I remember thinking it wasn't true but then I watched Marshall highlights and I was forced to concede that point.  If Rosen gets hurt he could easily end up like another Chad.  That's why I'm glad we didn't end up with him.  Of the QBs I'm glad we got Darnold.  I like that he has the skills but is also a low key type of guy who seems dedicated to improving as a QB rather than living it up in NY with the nightlife.

Rosen had one highlight and it was low and behind the receiver, but he was playing behind a terrible o-line as well. Seems like the 1st team o-line was solid though so maybe we will see what he can do if he gets  a chance with them. With that said, **** Rosen. 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He makes Greg Buttle sound good by comparison.

Not only did the Jets upgrade the QB position they upgraded their PS TV analyst position. I thought Anthony Becht was very good. Buttle was (and still is since he is still doing the pre/post game on radio) the worst. Real good player, nice guy but terrible broadcaster

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not only did the Jets upgrade the QB position they upgraded their PS TV analyst position. I thought Anthony Becht was very good. Buttle was (and still is since he is still doing the pre/post game on radio) the worst. Real good player, nice guy but terrible broadcaster

Is Becht only a pre-season announcer?  I feel like he could be a regular season announcer too.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

good ?..I'm not sure

I'm not sure either but I think he shows potential.  Then again, maybe it's just because NFL announcing is probably at a low point overall these days (as opposed to the 1980's, which had incredible announcing in basically every sport).

3 hours ago, slats said:

Didn't like Rosen for a number of reasons. His lack of mobility probably topping the list, compounded by the concussion concerns. Sam was doing everything you'd expect from Rosen on Friday night, getting the ball out quickly and accurately, but also making throws on the run that Rosen will never make. Jets got the right guy. 

4once!

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think Rosen is one or two more concussions from retirement.   It will be interesting to look back in 5 yrs and see who turned out best and who busted

And he is not too mobile. The jets will never invest on a qb friendly OL so I agree, he would have had a short career if he was a Jet.

13 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

All 4 are going to be really good

Giants will regret it for next 12 years

Rosen will be the best though 

I think the G-Men are not going to be very good this year and will get their QB of the future in next years draft.

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Not a good QB class next year.

Difficult to tell a year out.  As we all know, QBs shoot up boards from February to April.  Justin Hebert, Shea Patterson and Drew Lock could light it up this year.  Still, I'm so freakin' happy they let Darnold fall to us.

Archived