Mehta/Scott

Gen X Jet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

It would be nice to know what specifically Scott said to get that reaction from Mehta, but It’s Twitter, so I guess that’s asking too much. 

I don't know about twitter, but on the radio today Bart went even further than last night on SNY and was hammering the CS. He does go into detail, talking about LB's depth on dropping back and how the Defense should have done more zone against Baker. He also has been critical of taking Lee out on 3rd and long and leaving Williamson in. Says Lee is supposedly the "cover LB". He blames Bowles and Rogers.

44 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I don't know about twitter, but on the radio today Bart went even further than last night on SNY and was hammering the CS. He does go into detail, talking about LB's depth on dropping back and how the Defense should have done more zone against Baker. He also has been critical of taking Lee out on 3rd and long and leaving Williamson in. Says Lee is supposedly the "cover LB". He blames Bowles and Rogers.

I ❤️ Bart Scott

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I ❤️ Bart Scott

hes honest and he knows the game. Amazing how some have come forward and Bashed the Jets coaching staff Pepper Johnson warned us of the stupidity Im sure Morton who ran a pretty good offense last year might have some words 

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Exactly.  The guy gives some real analysis, instead of the generic bullsh*t you always hear.  Also helps you understand how bad the coaching is.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

"It’s amazing how someone who used to play recently knows so very little about what he’s seeing now. Comically and consistently wrong. "

This coming from mehta is just wunderbar.

I still cannot forgive the way BARF Scott hid in the AFCCG against Pittsburgh. He wanted NOTHING to do with Rashard Mendenhall and continuously tried to tackle him from behind.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I still cannot forgive the way BARF Scott hid in the AFCCG against Pittsburgh. He wanted NOTHING to do with Rashard Mendenhall and continuously tried to tackle him from behind.

Hey i am not a big fan of scott as the player at all.  I just laugh at mm commenting on other people not having a clue

On 9/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, Gen X Jet said:

Mehta (Toilet's water carrier) doesn't like Bart criticizing his BFF.  Especially during Marrone week.

I don't get the "blame Mehta for Marrone" thing.  I guess I don't quite remember exactly what happened but isn't it on the Jets to do their due diligence and make the right decision, regardless of what a sports writer says?!  

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, Matt39 said:

He had Chris Herndon as the next Bavaro.

Who the **** would want that anyway? This isn't the 1980s. And, of course, Herndon's played all of three games. Seems ridiculous to make a snap judgment based on three games. But if you are, let's talk about QB play. We could easily see all the INTs and the lack of TD passes and say "Darnold is the next Browning Nagle" 100 dollar arm and a 10 cent brain...

On 9/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, Beerfish said:

"It’s amazing how someone who used to play recently knows so very little about what he’s seeing now. Comically and consistently wrong. "

This coming from mehta is just wunderbar.

It is amazing how someone who probably never saw a football until he was 17 fancies himself a guru

16 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Who the **** would want that anyway? This isn't the 1980s. And, of course, Herndon's played all of three games. Seems ridiculous to make a snap judgment based on three games. But if you are, let's talk about QB play. We could easily see all the INTs and the lack of TD passes and say "Darnold is the next Browning Nagle" 100 dollar arm and a 10 cent brain...

last play of the game INTs and badly run routes contributed to 2 of them. I see no resemblance to Browning Nagle at all. So it would not be easy.  I have seen 2 bad INTs in 3 games. You simply have to throw the ball at the end of a game.  Grounding it makes no sense. As for Herndon, I don't see how anyone can proect anything about him at all.  3 games.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:05 PM, Smashmouth said:

hes honest and he knows the game. Amazing how some have come forward and Bashed the Jets coaching staff Pepper Johnson warned us of the stupidity Im sure Morton who ran a pretty good offense last year might have some words 

This. 

Scott didn’t become a good player for years because he was the most physically gifted and could get by coasting on those gifts. 

I don’t know if he’d be a good coach or not, but an undrafted special teamer who keeps working at his game, until turning himself into a pro bowler, is probably someone who knows the game‘s fundamentals so well he can’t bear seeing what to him are such obvious, easily-fixed mistakes.

My guess is he knows what he’s talking about. Maybe he doesn’t get the game as well as Manish Mehta, but now who does?

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This. 

Scott didn’t become a good player for years because he was the most physically gifted and could get by coasting on those gifts. 

I don’t know if he’d be a good coach or not, but an undrafted special teamer who keeps working at his game, until turning himself into a pro bowler, is probably someone who knows the game‘s fundamentals so well he can’t bear seeing what to him are such obvious, easily-fixed mistakes.

My guess is he knows what he’s talking about. Maybe he doesn’t get the game as well as Manish Mehta, but now who does?

i sense some sarcasm.  it's hard to tell what side of this issue these guys are falling on.  maneesh usually starts zinging the jets at some point during unsuccessful seasons.  he's probably keeping his powder dry.  meanwhile the other guys like costello are ramping it up.  but i do agree that scott knows a thing or two about playing the game and he knows enough about the jets team to provide some good insight.

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

last play of the game INTs and badly run routes contributed to 2 of them. I see no resemblance to Browning Nagle at all. So it would not be easy.  I have seen 2 bad INTs in 3 games. You simply have to throw the ball at the end of a game.  Grounding it makes no sense. As for Herndon, I don't see how anyone can proect anything about him at all.  3 games.

Ok, please don't apologize for INTs because of bad routes, OL in the way, it's the end of the game, blah blah. Fair or not, INTs go on the record of the QB, can't apologize for it. because there are often INTs that didn't happen that should have.

Moreover, the notion that a mitigating reason for an INT is that it's the end of the game is absurdly pro-Darnold.

To my mind, winners throw TDs at the end of games and win them. Losers throw INTs and their teams lose, and their apologists talk about expecting INTs because it's the end of the game.

The guy is playing like a rookie, which he is. Nothing unexpected, at least by me. And, to my eye, he has more talent around him than any Jets QB since...2009 or earlier. I think it's a matter of familiarity and confidence before the unit improves. Hell, could be the next game. So, I guess excusing a few mistakes is ok but let's recognize it for what it is excuse-making.

9 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Ok, please don't apologize for INTs because of bad routes, OL in the way, it's the end of the game, blah blah. Fair or not, INTs go on the record of the QB, can't apologize for it. because there are often INTs that didn't happen that should have.

Moreover, the notion that a mitigating reason for an INT is that it's the end of the game is absurdly pro-Darnold.

To my mind, winners throw TDs at the end of games and win them. Losers throw INTs and their teams lose, and their apologists talk about expecting INTs because it's the end of the game.

The guy is playing like a rookie, which he is. Nothing unexpected, at least by me. And, to my eye, he has more talent around him than any Jets QB since...2009 or earlier. I think it's a matter of familiarity and confidence before the unit improves. Hell, could be the next game. So, I guess excusing a few mistakes is ok but let's recognize it for what it is excuse-making.

Maybe you should just read box scores and not watch the actual plays, then?

Archived