Jets have the 26th ranked defense

Jetsbb

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

When Rex was our coach we damn well new what our ranking was as he reminded everyone every chance he got. With our draft history of drafting exclusively defensive players in the first round for 10 years and only defensive head coaches for 20 years this is very embarrassing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

When Rex was our coach we damn well new what our ranking was as he reminded everyone every chance he got. With our draft history of drafting exclusively defensive players in the first round for 10 years and only defensive head coaches for 20 years this is very embarrassing.

Pathetic is the more appropriate word.

40 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Hey look at the huge silver lining though.

If the Jets just had an average to bad HC these last 4 years, then you can forget about having not only a Franchise QB in Sam Darnold but he is looking more and more every day to be a potential #1 QB in the entire league as Tony Romo has projected.  I've already seen him hit throws most of the QB's in the league can't.

Without Bowles being so horrific (and don't leave out Maccagnan) and keeping his buddy as DC while throwing virtually all other assistants under the bus, and watching their D implode virtually 100% of the time when if they were able to just put up a stand just 1 time at the end of games the outcome was victory.  Last 2 weeks great example..Darnold had Houston and Aaron Rodgers beat all by himself....then you'd be stuck watching the Jets trying to get the next Hackenberg to play at the pro level as they would draft yearly in no man's land, or even worse bringing in the next washed up Boomer Esiason type (would have loved Boomer to have been the Jet QB, but 10 years before they got him) in hopes of securing a .500 record and everyone in the Jet Mom & Pop Shop being able to keep their jobs...forget about winning.  The Jet organization for decades has been about inept people covering for their friends....I don't think Sam Darnold will allow that anymore because first and foremost he's all about winning...if it continues he'll leave.  That's why I think the Jets will finally pay for top quality at coach and the Front Office.  They have their Crown Jewel in Darnold, it just makes good business sense.

Yup if you look at the big picture all Jet fans should owe Bowles a huge amount of gratitude.

8 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hey look at the huge silver lining though.

If the Jets just had an average to bad HC these last 4 years, then you can forget about having not only a Franchise QB in Sam Darnold but he is looking more and more every day to be a potential #1 QB in the entire league as Tony Romo has projected.  I've already seen him hit throws most of the QB's in the league can't.

Without Bowles being so horrific (and don't leave out Maccagnan) and keeping his buddy as DC while throwing virtually all other assistants under the bus, and watching their D implode virtually 100% of the time when if they were able to just put up a stand just 1 time at the end of games the outcome was victory.  Last 2 weeks great example..Darnold had Houston and Aaron Rodgers beat all by himself....then you'd be stuck watching the Jets trying to get the next Hackenberg to play at the pro level as they would draft yearly in no man's land, or even worse bringing in the next washed up Boomer Esiason type (would have loved Boomer to have been the Jet QB, but 10 years before they got him) in hopes of securing a .500 record and everyone in the Jet Mom & Pop Shop being able to keep their jobs...forget about winning.  The Jet organization for decades has been about inept people covering for their friends....I don't think Sam Darnold will allow that anymore because first and foremost he's all about winning...if it continues he'll leave.  That's why I think the Jets will finally pay for top quality at coach and the Front Office.  They have their Crown Jewel in Darnold, it just makes good business sense.

Yup if you look at the big picture all Jet fans should owe Bowles a huge amount of gratitude.

wanker-post.

kick bowles in arse on the way out

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

And we all know that the failed defense is part of the reason why hes getting fired.

But for some reason we need a daily thread sounding shocked.  And even more puzzling, why the hell is it embarrassing

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

McCarthy for head coach. Bring back Rex as D coordinator - let Rex do what he does best. Bears won one with Ditka head coach and Rex’s Dad as D coordinator so I think Rex would go for it. 

Rex ain’t coming back.  Hire Rob

I don't understand all the revisionist history about the Rex Ryan regime.  Truth is/was that the last two years, Rex defense {granted it was a sight better than the sh*t Bowles throws out there} was nothing to write home about.  Homogenous, mostly soft and uninspiring.  I can remember many second half meltdowns similar to the ones we suffer through now.  We have experienced enough slow deaths through soft "prevent" type schemes to last a lifetime.  I have no appetite to see this "Clown Show" make a repeat performance in this town. BTW Rob is WORSE.

We are 2nd in the NFL in 3rd down conversion % allowed and 7th in red zone TD %.  Yet we are 26 in total defense and 27 in scoring defense.  That is not an easy thing to do. 

We have a defense that gives up way too many big plays in big spots, busts coverages and don't ever expect them to make a play with the game on the line. 

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Consistent.  Last year we finished 25th.

I couldn’t find this stat but number of plays the opponent completed of over 20 yards. And esp on 3rd downs. On average Jets D gave up 5.7 per play which was above average. But how many times did you see the team make stops on the first two downs and give up 3rd and longs. That’s my prob with Bowles defense. 

Archived