Not enough has been discussed about how awful this defense is.

Jetsbb

The defense was better earlier in the year and its clear they completely quit after the 2nd Miami game with that Matt Barkley implosion being the biggest embarrassment of the season. But yeah, they suck. And with the extraordinary amount of resources we've poured into the defense and Bowles/Rodgers being here for four years there's simply no excuse for how bad they've been.

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Blown leads, made Matt Barkley look like Montana, extraordinarily easy for every team to go up and down the field. Literally a bottom 5 defense and its barely discussed. So much focus on the offense but wow is this defense bad.

What do you expect?  A miracle?  We've only had like 10 years of 1st rounders on the defensive side of the ball.

Say what you want about Rex, but at least you could count on him fielding a good defense.
Bowles has been as usesless as t!ts on a bull, even with all of the high 1st round picks and FA cash we’ve invested on the defensive side.
True, but he also was a culprit with putting a square peg in a round hole. Crazy how the OLB spot has killed this damn 3-4!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Blown leads, made Matt Barkley look like Montana, extraordinarily easy for every team to go up and down the field. Literally a bottom 5 defense and its barely discussed. So much focus on the offense but wow is this defense bad.

i've been convulsively vomiting all over this website since i been here...wtf?

7 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

True, but he also was a culprit with putting a square peg in a round hole. Crazy how the OLB spot has killed this damn 3-4!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That damn Coples pick...

Especially when nearly 100% of the fanbase was calling for Melvin Ingram.

24 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

At least Sam is only 21 and it gives us time to rebuild the whole damn thing.

30 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Goddamn Pats player WIDE open all game long.  Is that the players, or the scheme?

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Say what you want about Rex, but at least you could count on him fielding a good defense.

Bowles has been as usesless as t!ts on a bull, even with all of the high 1st round picks and FA cash we’ve invested on the defensive side.

maybe you forgot all the times his vaulted D suffer the same lack of execution in crunch time... . 

42 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The whole ******* team is bad.  Offense, defense and special teams. Building around Darnold is the most important thing so they need to concentrate on the Oline and getting some playmakers. 

Not sure I agree any longer after the defensive performance the last few games.  You can't win games with a defense that porous.   At least if you hold down the competition you give yourself a chance to win.   I'm hoping for starters we get excellent OCs adn DCs, there's so much room for improvement, even with the same players.  I don't care if the HC is more offensive, or defensive minded, but they gotta be a great coach that gets the best out of their players and coaches.  If we can accomplish getting the coaches right, I think that's as, or more important than who we draft.

Only half true.

For the first four years of his HC career, yes, Rex’s D was top 10.

The final 2 years with the Jets and 2 years with the Bills, his D was ranked 16th, 22nd, 28th and 28th, respectively. The NFL figured Rex out.

Will the Rex worship ever die out?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I disagree, many of us have talked about it repeatedly.  

It's legit bad.

And not very good at anything we've paid the most to be good at (pass rush, pass coverage).

Name all the first round picks and big time free agents we’ve spent on Edge Rushers since Tanny traded Abe 13 years ago

I’ll wait

D38D2E24-4564-48B9-9467-93A332A2C4D9.jpeg

from what I recall , his defense was great except for when the game was on the line. time after time defense would give up a game winning drive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I was against taking D with our first pick but we need a lot of help on D so have at it. A run stopper would be a good place to start as well as edge risher. Maybe qe can get Ford or Flowers. BB let Jones go, he might let Flowers go as well

No legit edge rushers will be available via free agency.  They never hit the market our only shot was Mack whose team is now going to the playoffs while we enjoy another January with no football 

Archived