You're Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as the Jets head coach?

Aussie Jet

Your pick as our next head coach  

109 members have voted

1. 1. You are Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as our next head coach?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • John Harbaugh
    • Bruce Arians
    • Dan Campbell
    • Matt Campbell
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • John DeFilippo
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Zac Taylor
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Hue Jackson
    • Someone else (state who in comments)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

starting to warm up to McCarthy a bit.  Someone posted last seasons end of the season press conference and he was smart, direct, and said that he wasn't seeking total control (coaching and obtaining players) saying the job is too big for 1 guy.

seems like he'd check his ego at the door.

The Harbaughs aren't happening and I don't want a green coordinator in Bienemy or a meathead TE coach in Dan Campbell. 

They need someone who has been a HC (college or pro) with extensive experience on the offensive side of the ball.

The owner has said no to Jim Harbaugh that is if he’s telling the truth. Which makes you think maybe they have somebody already in mind. I could see someone not on that list like a current coordinator and not McDaniels. Urban Meyer is available but he has serious medical issues and just took a job as Asst AD at Ohio State. Gase could get fired. One rumor has Rex with the Fins. They’re even saying he’s already contacting potential assistants for either the Fins or the Hurricanes. Not sure about Shanahan and if he gets fired by SF. I’ve seen no rumors about that. I’d take Gase over him. 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Yes, but we'll not get the top candidates.

name 3 of these "top candidates" that would turn down the Jets.

I could see McCarthy preferring the low stress environment in AZ to NY but who else?

If Mac has a ton of influence it will be a HC without a ton of leverage.  

I picked Matt Campbell.  Figured he would have to bring his entire staff with him.  The jump from IA St to NYJ would be really huge.

I could also see going the Shane Waldron or Zac Taylor route.  A boring retread like Whisenhunt or Caldwell could fit that bill.  No one that would usurp any GM authority.

IF we go after Harbaugh, McCarthy, etc, they are going to report to the Johnsons.

I think if Miami is dumb enough to fire Adam Gase, the Jets should jump at the chance to bring him in.  Perhaps if Taylor’s contract is up in LA, he could reunite with Gase as the OC.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who are your top candidates ?? 

Too early to make that list, but I'll say this, neither Harbaugh would come here if available to interview. Only way that would be remotely possible is if Mac is their bitch figurehead GM bringing in the players they want. Can't see McCarthy coming here either. We will probably hire someone you'll have to talk yourself into liking...just like most of Mac's wack draft picks after round 1.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Too early to make that list, but I'll say this, neither Harbaugh would come here if available to interview. Only way that would be remotely possible is if Mac is their bitch figurehead GM bringing in the players they want. Can't see McCarthy coming here either. We will probably hire someone you'll have to talk yourself into liking...just like most of Mac's wack draft picks after round 1.

Neither of the Harbaugh's were ever coming here regardless if Mac stayed or not. McCarthy we'll see what shakes out there. The Jets will have candidates to choose from , having Sam insures that. The real question is do they do what's best for Sam or do they try and satisfy the fan base because IMO that may be two different things. 

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

name 3 of these "top candidates" that would turn down the Jets.

I could see McCarthy preferring the low stress environment in AZ to NY but who else?

If McCarthy chooses to work with Rosen over Darnold it's because your boy Mac is still here. Anyways, tell me who your dream coach is you really want to coach here next season.

Archived