Jump to content
WayneChrebet80

What is Jeremy Bates doing?

Recommended Posts

His wikipedia says hes QB coach for Redskins but cannot confirm. 

He was a decent coach. Hope he lands on his feet.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

What about the O\C Morton that Bowles fired the previous year. Did he land anywhere? He was decent.

Coach Rodgers got a job with Bowles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton is an offensive assistant with the Raiders after floating off into oblivion for a year. Bates' wikipedia says nothing about him being a coach in the NFL. He'll probably go into hiding for at least a year, also. Just like how Chan Gailey became a missing person after his two-year sting with the Jets. Quite a trend, eh? Bowles sure knew how to pick em. He made the Jets into the place where dysfunctional OCs went to die.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere that his team wont have worry about him calling; dive right, dive left, penalty, pass on 3rd and long. 

Yes.  He was so bad he even called penalties. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Bates at least had Sam playing well at times toward the end of the year.  He didn't just totally mess Sam up and seemed to do a good job getting him through his rookie season in a positive manner.  So, I give him credit for that

 

Yeah, if nothing else it probably does something to support the past praise he's been given for his work as a QB coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Coach Rodgers got a job with Bowles

That is the defensive coordinator, I was talking about Morton the O\C from the previous year with McCown at QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What about the O\C Morton that Bowles fired the previous year. Did he land anywhere? He was decent.

Was Morton a Bruce Arians guy was well or just with Bowles?  I can't recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Bates at least had Sam playing well at times toward the end of the year.  He didn't just totally mess Sam up and seemed to do a good job getting him through his rookie season in a positive manner.  So, I give him credit for that

 

Agree.  Problems with Bates were more related to playcalling and predictability than anything in particular he did wrong with developing Darnold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree.  Problems with Bates were more related to playcalling and predictability than anything in particular he did wrong with developing Darnold. 

Bowles really messed up Bates by making him the OC. He was doing well as the QB coach, and didn't want the pressure of being the OC after his previous experience in the league. He was eventually convinced to take the job, and then it went poorly because he wasn't suited to the job. He is a good QB coach but is over matched as the play caller at OC. Nice job Bowles, you moron.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wikipedia does say QB coach of Redskins but I can't find any articles on it.  

image.png.805ecd8c62054d0845a5d5f960823e44.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Homer Alert* Sam’s development and improvement had more to do with Sam, and his natural gifts and progression than Bates.  

I’m unapologetic about that opinion.  I saw what he did with poor coaching in college, his second year he lost his weapons and 3 starting O-Linemen.  He tried to do too much trying to compensate for both weaknesses.  The truth was there to see when Sam left.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

He's probably climbing a mountain somewhere. 

What gives the impression that he was a good QB coach. 

He coached up Bryce petty and Christian Hackenberg. 

By the way, just saw Hackenberg standing on the sideline of an AAF game.  He began the season as the starter, was replaced after a few games for ineffectiveness by Mettenberger, another NFL vet.  When Mettenberger got hurt, they gave the ball to an unknown rookie rather than giving it back to to Hackenberg.  So he's third string in the AAF.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Wikipedia does say QB coach of Redskins but I can't find any articles on it.  

image.png.805ecd8c62054d0845a5d5f960823e44.png

Since the Redskins currently don't have a Quarterback, that should go well for him.  If that doesn't work out for him, he could always just roam the Appalachian Trail until something opens up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Wikipedia does say QB coach of Redskins but I can't find any articles on it.  

image.png.805ecd8c62054d0845a5d5f960823e44.png

Oh wow surprise Wikipedia doesn't have a source - every page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Coach Rodgers got a job with Bowles

Shocking, as is Arians hiring Bowles...AGAIN for his 2nd DC job both with Arians, sandwiched in between 20+ years as an assistant for MULTIPLE teams, NONE who saw any potential coaching greatness out of Bowles. 

Tampa will stay down, Arians will retire, Bowles will be fired when a new HC is hired in Tampa, and Bowles will either retire also or if the NFL orders another team to hire him, he might stick around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Maxman said:

What about the O\C Morton that Bowles fired the previous year. Did he land anywhere? He was decent.

He with the Raiders as he has a position as Senior offense coach . 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

By the way, just saw Hackenberg standing on the sideline of an AAF game.  He began the season as the starter, was replaced after a few games for ineffectiveness by Mettenberger, another NFL vet.  When Mettenberger got hurt, they gave the ball to an unknown rookie rather than giving it back to to Hackenberg.  So he's third string in the AAF.

And Bryce petty isn't even on a roster in any league (NFL, CFL, AAF) 

Maybe he's waiting for the XFL😏

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

By the way, just saw Hackenberg standing on the sideline of an AAF game.  He began the season as the starter, was replaced after a few games for ineffectiveness by Mettenberger, another NFL vet.  When Mettenberger got hurt, they gave the ball to an unknown rookie rather than giving it back to to Hackenberg.  So he's third string in the AAF.

Not really surprised. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Bates at least had Sam playing well at times toward the end of the year.  He didn't just totally mess Sam up and seemed to do a good job getting him through his rookie season in a positive manner.  So, I give him credit for that

 

Sam had Sam playing good if you were to ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Morton is an offensive assistant with the Raiders after floating off into oblivion for a year. Bates' wikipedia says nothing about him being a coach in the NFL. He'll probably go into hiding for at least a year, also. Just like how Chan Gailey became a missing person after his two-year sting with the Jets. Quite a trend, eh? Bowles sure knew how to pick em. He made the Jets into the place where dysfunctional OCs went to die.

To be fair, Chan Gailey was retired when the Jets hired him and cruised back into retirement.   There is a big difference between a 67 year old guy that has already had a couple of stints as HC and a guy in his 40's who already took a year off to walk the Appalachian Trail.  Gailey was already coaching a couple of years before Bates was born. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't love him as an OC, but Darnold definitely improved by the end of the year. If Bates was clueless (see Jeff Fisher's staff's handling of Goff as a rookie), we wouldn't have seen that improvement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

His wikipedia says hes QB coach for Redskins but cannot confirm. 

He was a decent coach. Hope he lands on his feet.

Eating energy bars on the Adirondack trail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

And Bryce petty isn't even on a roster in any league (NFL, CFL, AAF) 

Maybe he's waiting for the XFL😏

If Matt Simms and the Hack got a shot with the AAF, there's no reason that Bryce wouldn't...I wonder if he called it quits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

If Matt Simms and the Hack got a shot with the AAF, there's no reason that Bryce wouldn't...I wonder if he called it quits?

He’s probably focusing on competing in the next esports Madden tournament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard he is still trying to figure out how we got 3 holding calls on a single play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counting his millions and not on the internet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

×