Who's the better CB: Darrelle Revis or Patrick Peterson?

Villain The Foe

I loved both of these guys, but this comparison actually came to me yesterday after hearing some praise about Patrick Peterson, so I figured I'd ask the folks here who they think was the better CB. Both are 1st ballot for sure, and I know that there will be some "Mevi$" hate given how he handled his business like a shrewd professional but also crashed and burned at the end. 

But putting the personals aside, as a cornerback, who would you pick to cover the #1 on your team for a decade? 

Let me put up some stats. 

Revis: 

7× Pro Bowl (2008–2011, 2013–2015)

4× First-team All-Pro (2009–2011, 2014)

PFWA All-Rookie Team (2007)

Total tackles:497

Sacks:2.0

Interceptions:29

Forced fumbles:6

Pass deflections:140

Defensive touchdowns:3

Peterson:

8× Pro Bowl (2011–2018)

3× First-team All-Pro (2011, 2013, 2015)

Total tackles:385

Pass deflections:76

Interceptions:23

Forced fumbles:1

Fumble recoveries:3

Total touchdowns:5

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I loved both of these guys, but this comparison actually came to me yesterday after hearing some praise about Patrick Peterson, so I figured I'd ask the folks here who they think was the better CB. Both are 1st ballot for sure, and I know that there will be some "Mevi$" hate given how he handled his business like a shrewd professional but also crashed and burned at the end. 

But putting the personals aside, as a cornerback, who would you pick to cover the #1 on your team for a decade? 

Revis: 

Peterson:

8× Pro Bowl (2011–2018)

I've really never seen Peterson play. With that said, I have no problem saying Darrelle Revis is the best corner I have ever seen play the game. When Revis was at his best there was no WR in the game that could exploit him. The who's who of very best WR's in the game from 2009-2011 that Revis rendered useless is staggering. Better than anyone I've ever seen, including Deion.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Patrick Peterson because he did not hold out or play for NE.

Revis was willing to sign with the Jets for less money. Idzik, just like he did with Cromartie basically said, get lost.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Revis: 

Peterson:

8× Pro Bowl (2011–2018)

No insult intended, but I take it you haven't been watching football all that long? You're a young person?

Revise is simply the best cornerback to ever play the game. He completely shut down some of the greatest WRs to ever play the game... and yes he was better than Deion as well. A much more complete CB. Peterson shouldn’t even be the comparison.

7 hours ago, genot said:

Revis was willing to sign with the Jets for less money. Idzik, just like he did with Cromartie basically said, get lost.

That doesn't sound very "in character" for Revis. (not that I blame him btw.  I would've done the same things he did in his career if I were him)

Archived